• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 2,033 Views, 93 Comments

Orphan - AshuraZXexianGlitch



Everyone has heard of me, I mean come on who hasn't heard of the fastest flyer in all of Equestria. But no one has heard a story I would rather not tell, but I'm going to tell it anyway.

  • ...
5
 93
 2,033

Rainbow's Father

Rainbow's Father

Rainbow Dash:

Twilight had waited till morning to look for me. I had to do some shopping, and I was trying to avoid her. Well she decided to go shopping too, I had to his in the clouds and try and stay out sight from Twilight. At first she didn't seem to be looking for me, but every once in awhile she'd look up at the clouds. Obviously looking for me. Wasn't expecting Pinkie to be there.

"Hi Rainbow Dash!" She screamed so loud it made my ears ring. Twilight turned and smiled in victory. She walked toward me and Pinkie. I tried to take off but was brought back down to the earth by Pinkie, who was standing on my tail.

"Well good morning Rainbow Dash. How was your night." She asked me. I got on my hooves and tried to fly off again. This time I was held in place by Twilight's Magic. I flapped my wings faster and faster, only to tire out. Twilight lowered me to the ground softly.

"Will you talk to me now?" Twilight asked me. I looked at her with tears threatening to come running out of my eyes. I tried to hold them back, but it didn't work to well the memories hurt so much. "Oh, I'm sorry Rainbow..."

"No, it's just, they hurt. The memories of my dad hurt a lot." I said wiping my eyes with my hoof.

"Dad?" Pinkie and Twilight said in unison.

"But, you never said anything about you having a dad." Pinkie said confused. "Ohhhh pie!" She said before taking off to the stand with pie.

"Hey! You have to pay for that first!" The stand owner yelled. Pinkie gave the stallion a apologetic look and gave him the bits she owed him.

"Sorrieeee!" She said before bouncing back to Twilight and I. I wiped my eyes again.

"Can we talk somewhere a little more private?" I asked Twilight.

"Yeah, one sec." Twilight's horn started to glow. The next thing I knew we were in the library and I felt dizzy and nauseous. "Just please don't fly away this time."

"I won't I promise. The only reason I did before is because the memories of him are so painful to remember." I said feeling tears coming out. I rubbed my face harshly feeling pathetic for crying. Twilight put her hoof on my shoulder and looked me in the eye. It was comforting to have such a good friend like her to have.

"What did he do to you?" Twilight asked, I must of made it sound like I hated my Father. They really wasn't the case.

"I loved him, and he left." I looked at Twilight with tears running down my face. My dad seemed to love me. He looked after me and played with me, he always picked me up from school. I thought he was perfect, I couldn't choose anypony else to be my father. I never knew my mother. She died when I was just a filly, but I still remember her singing to me. The melody of her voice, my dad would tell me how beautiful she was. He told me I had her eyes, she was beautiful too. He would show me pictures of her, I loved it. I loved everything about my life, it was so awesome.

But there was one day when I got out of school Dad wasn't waiting for me where he was always waiting for me. I've told you about how I got my cutie mark. Well that day was the best day of my life and the worst. My dad abandoned me, I got home and everything was gone except for my stuff. The next thing I knew I was in an orphanage, with other fillies who had no parents.

"Pinkie said Fluttershy was an Orphan too." Twilight said to me. I looked at her with a small smile.

Fluttershy I knew in school, but I never really talked to her. Sure I stood up for her but I didn't really know her. She was the only other one who had her cutie mark. We know why that is too, funny how things work out. She was the first pony to talk to me when I arrived at the Orphanage.

"Hi." She said to me quietly.

"Fluttershy? Your an orphan?" I asked her confused.

"Ah...oh yeah." She said bowing her head. I think she still feels bad that she didn't know her parents. The subject of no parents hurts her even more then it does me. "I'm sorry."

"What?" I didn't expect to hear sorry from anyone. But she was showing me so much kindness for my situation. "What do you have to be sorry for. It's not your fault, it's my fathers. Fuck him."

"Oh." Fluttershy muttered lowering her head. "Isn't that a little harsh?"

"Harsh, I'll tell you about harsh. Acting like you love someone and then leaving them for no reason. Just leaving them alone, with no one." I said to her. I was taking all my anger out on her. I wish I would have known how good of a friend she was. She ran away from me that day crying. I was angry for a very long time. The ponies who watched over us wouldn't know what to do with me. I would break rules and break thing constantly.

"I just don't know what to do with such a bad seed." One of the caretakers said to another.

"I don't know, I think she's just a lost cause. No pony would take such a undisciplined filly." The other one said back. They failed at trying to stay discreet, I could hear every word they said before they left the room. I was in time out for breaking vase in the main entrance. I sat there looking at the white cloud wall in front of me.

"Are you okay?" I heard Fluttershy ask.

"You, what do you want?" I asked her turning around.

"You're not suppose to turn around." She said shyly.

"Yeah, I know that." I said harshly as I sat back how I was. Pointlessly looking at the wall.

"I wanted to talk." Fluttershy said keeping her distance from me.

"What?" I asked turning around again.

"About your dad..." She said with a pause. "I thought, maybe I could help."

"Humph, I doubt that." I said looking at the wall again. I was thick headed back when I was a filly. Could ya blame me, my father left me with no explanation. I was just ignorant and young.

"I can try." Fluttershy said sheepishly.

"Fine then try." I said throwing my hooves in the air.

"Can you tell me about him?" She asked.

"What?" I asked turning around to face her. She was across the room from me, I thought she was a freak. Just shy, Fluttershy really does speak her name. The caretakers named her Fluttershy, when she was found on the step of the orphanage she was shy and tried to flap her wings to get away from them. I suppose they thought it was a clever name, she would always flutter her wings when somepony got too close.

"Can you tell me about your dad?" She asked again.

"Why would you want to know about him." I asked her confused why she would even care about me or who he was.

"I just think it will help." She said rubbing her arm.

"What do you want to know?" I asked her, I wasn't sure where to start. I wasn't even sure why she was asking me to do this.

"What was he like?" She asked looking at me.

"He...he was wonderful. He loved me for one, always played with me, no matter how tired he was from work. I didn't have to try to get him to be proud of me. But I tried my hardest anyways. He was just wonderful, I think that's why it's so hard to believe he left me." I said bowing my head depressed.

"What did you do together?" Fluttershy asked stepping a little closer to me.

"We would go to the park once in a while. I never needed anyone else, I just needed him to have fun. We would play tag all the time, and he would be fare and not fly since I couldn't at the time. I just couldn't stop laughing sometimes at his corny jokes. How he smiled made me feel so safe and happy." I could feel tears pushing to come out. I tried to hold them back. I glanced up at Fluttershy and she was even closer.

"He loved you?" She asked and the tears finally started to flow down my face.

"I thought he did." I said with a sniffle. "He always looked after me, made sure I was safe. Made me feel better when I got hurt, made me feel better when my pet bird died. I still can't believe he left me."

"..." Fluttershy hugged me, her coat warmed me. Her hug felt so comforting. I hugged her back and buried my face in her warm soft coat.

"I feel so lost and abandoned."

~ ~ ~

Twilight Sparkle:

Rainbow stopped telling her story because she started to cry. I felt bad, I didn't even know where to begin to help her feel better. Maybe I shouldn't have pressed her on the question. Maybe I shouldn't have even asked her. I just didn't think this would be the outcome.

"I'm sorry Rainbow." I said to her giving her a hug. She hugged me back, it was a tight hug.

"I'm sorry too Dashie." Pinkie said hugging the both of us. We let her in and the three of us were in one big hug. Rainbow's tears stopped.

"Thanks girls." She said with a sniffling while rubbing her eyes.

"Well I gotta go! Big day tomarrow!" Pinkie pie yelled happily as she left.

"Bye Pinkie." Rainbow and I said in unison. I looked at Rainbow Dash, and she looked at me. I gave her a encouraging smile.

"Fluttershy wanted to know about my dad because she never had one. She wanted to know what it felt like to have a father." She said to me.

"I see." I said simply. She wanted to talk some more but I don't think she knew quite how to word them. I placed my hoof on her shoulder and she looked at me.

"Go home and sleep, you have to work tomarrow and Ponyville doesn't need their leading weather pony out of commision." I gave her a soft smile. "I'll be available to talk at anytime, after all I am your friend. I just want to help in anyway I can."

"Thanks Twilight." She said with a smile before leaving. I went to my desk and took out a sheet of paper.

"Glade to be home." Spike said with relief as he entered the room.

"Hello Spike, how was helpping Applejack?" I asked him as I prepared my quill.

"It was tiresome, I think I could use a break. This working buisness is for the birds." Spike said with a grunt of disaproval.

"Thats nice, but you wanted a job so you could buy things. Your choice Spike." I said before I started to write.

"What you doing?" Spike asked trying to see what I was writing.

"Oh, just writing a letter to the princess." Spike rolled his eyes and walked away with disinterest. He went up to our room and climbed into bed. "Maybe the Princess will know what to do."