• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 425 Views, 25 Comments

Beyond This Galaxy Of Ours - bronystrongwing



A merc group's ship is sent to Equestria when they attempt a mass relay jump mid-battle.

  • ...
6
 25
 425

Wait, what? Part 2

"Better three hours too soon than a minute too late."
William Shakespeare
------

As the lone human wandered the corridors, he eventually came upon the doors to the dining hall. Before his hand could make contact with the door, he hears voices from the opposite side. "I heard he wears that thing on his head because it's some sign of wealth, you know, sort of like a fashion thing." Said a voice, decidedly feminine, Max didn't recognize. "What? I thought it was a war prize. He took it from something he killed." Said another, this one of a male. "You're both wrong. He told me himself that he got hurt and lost his eye. That thing lets him see again." This voice he Knew as Sharpfeather. At this point, he decided to simply stride in, causing all three to jump. Sharpfeather was the first to recover. "Jeez Max, give a little warning next time!" She says, a grin across her face.

"Sorry, too busy picking up on some gossip." He replied, a grin of his own appearing.

"Gossip? Oh, sorry, these two just wanted to know about you." She gestures to the Guard and other maid standing beside her, who were too busy cowering in fear to realize they were being spoken to. "Hey, don't be rude! Introduce yourselves!" When they didn't respond, or move, she got upset. "Oh, come on! He's nice! How come whenever we have other guests of different species you're fine?"

"That's 'c-cause they're all from the same p-planet as us!" Stuttered the dark pink unicorn mare.

"Seriously Amber Dust, he's nice! He even volunteered to rescue the diamond dogs from the cave in." Said Sharpfeather. "How did that go, anyway?"

An even wider grin crossed his face. "I think the guard dude passed out."

"What?" Sharpfeather says, turning to see that the stallion was, in fact, laying on the ground, unconscious. "For the love of... Max, I'm so sorry. Amber, would you please get sleeping moron to his room?" Amber nodded, turning and carrying the guard in her magic. "So, you wanted to talk?"

"Oh, we got the dogs out of the cave-in. Also, we've got two more guests. Now, you know about those Geth that me and the others dead?" When she nodded, he continued, "Well, two of them are the guests."

"WHAT?! You can't be serious! They wanted you dead! How cou-" She was interrupted by him raising his hand.

"Easy! I already got this speech twice from Sammy and Luna! Look, they had a change of heart, er, programing, whatever. Either way, the one missing a chunk from his arm is Lucky, the other's 3040. Please at least pretend to be nice to them."

"Well, okay, but they better not be rude." She said, still somewhat skeptical.

"They're fine!" As he finished speaking 3040 walked in the door, exploring the castle. "Ah, there you are! 3040! Come over here and meet my friend." 3040 walked over and bowed at the waist. "Since when were you so dramatic?" Asked Max, to which 3040 simply shrugged. "Anyway, this is Sharpfeather, she's a maid here at the castle."

"Nice to meet you." Said Sharpfeather, half forcing a smile. When 3040 remained silent, she got upset. "I thought you said they weren't rude."

"Oh yeah, I forgot, he can't talk. Aldiv is thinkin' of salvaging some parts from our ship to fix that. Until then, we'll just need to guess what he wants to say." Max said.

"Huh, well then, I'm sorry for calling you rude." She says, a sheepish grin crossing her face.
------
Meanwhile
Damaged relay
------

"Curious; I wish to see what's on the other side of this relay." Says an elcor researcher to an asari scientist.

"Well, we could only find out one way." Says the asari, eyeing her ship through a nearby window.

"Shocked; You would do that? That would be against regulation."

"Only if we get caught!"