• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 423 Views, 25 Comments

Beyond This Galaxy Of Ours - bronystrongwing



A merc group's ship is sent to Equestria when they attempt a mass relay jump mid-battle.

  • ...
6
 25
 423

Waking up.

Inside of the crashed vessel, the three hired guns slowly came to their senses. Max pulled himself off the floor as Samdon pulled himself upright, all the while, Aldiv managed to remain in his seat with a bored expression on his face.

"You're awake, good. Now we may figure out where we are." The Salarian said as he idly fiddled with his Omni-tool. "You were out for two hours, thirty six minutes, and eleven seconds. Odd how you two woke up at the same time. Doesn't matter. Glad you're okay."

"Not so loud, Al, I feel like I had an all-nighter on Omega. Hey, Sammy, you alright?" Max asked as he scoured the cockpit for his pistol. Samdon stood up as he placed both hands on his back. As he pushed, several loud pops ringed out.

"Remind me to never let you drive anything over two hundred pounds ever again. Where the hell did we crash, anyway?" He approached the pilot's seat, turning his head experimentally. "Why are the crash shields still up? Shouldn't they lower after the crash?"

Aldiv saw this as the moment to pipe up. "The crash was a bit more rough than you think. The shields are melted shut from the intense heat. I haven't checked the hatch yet, but it may be safe to open, if it isn't also sealed." He said this as he walked over to a panel on the wall. "Hmm..." As he tapped away at the pad, Max releases a shout of joy.

"Yes! Found my Sheila." He rubbed it a few times with a cloth then returned it to his holster. "Hey Al, That door okay?"

Aldiv looked to the human with a smile. "Yes, but I think there may be an alien life form on the other side. I hear talking." His light tone changed to a stern, near fatherly, voice. "Please, do not attack unless provoked, I wish to see these creatures."

"You sure these are things we haven't met before? I mean, we could be on earth for all we know." Max said, curious as to what could be truly on the other side of the hatch.

"I checked our location on my Omni-tool. It says were still next to the Mass Relay. It only does this if we're somewhere the data signals can't reach us. I'm positive this is an alien world." Aldiv said in a matter of fact tone.

"Alright then, let's open this bad boy." Samdon said, standing in front of the hatch.

"On three." Max says, holding up three fingers.

The three stood in front of the hatch, prepared for anything.

One.

Two....