• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 422 Views, 25 Comments

Beyond This Galaxy Of Ours - bronystrongwing



A merc group's ship is sent to Equestria when they attempt a mass relay jump mid-battle.

  • ...
6
 25
 422

The sad part...

Maximilian Connor is a mercenary. A trained killer, his best friend is his gun. He enjoys the thrill of gunfire pointed in his direction. With his rough exterior and odd mannerisms, one would assume him to have little to nothing in the way of social experience. But, he once had a love. Her name was Pinnam. She was a turian, who, by a sheer stroke of luck, was also in the Blue Suns like Max.

------

Max wandered Omega with a couple other Blue Suns, bored out of his skull. No jobs had come up and their ship was in for repairs for the next week, essentially leaving them stranded. One of the others called for another ship to pick them up, but it was running late. Two days late. Daemon, the one who made the call, had finally had it. "That's it! I'm buying a new ship and getting the hell out of here!" He shouts.

"Cool it, Demo, They'll be here soon." Says Max, eyeing a nearby kiosk with a rather interesting looking helmet in stock. Then Daemon's Omni-tool lit up.

"Hey Daemon, It's Alice," said a female voice over the Omni-tool. "I'm sorry it took me so long, had to pick up a friend." She says as Max's Omni-tool lights up as well. "Well, well, what's a handsome human like you doing in a hole like this?" says another female voice.

"Holy shit, Pinnam! I thought you were still on a job! What are you doing out here?" Max asks, excitement staining his tone.

"Finished up early and my friend here let me hitch a ride. Speaking of getting hitched..."

"Hey, we've talked about this already! We retire, then we can do whatever you want." Max says, a light blush forming on his cheeks.

"The odd couple can continue this on the ship, I want to get out of here." Daemon says, pushing Max towards the docks.

------

As the ship left dock and started it's journey to Illium, Max and Pinnam talked.

"So, why so bent on getting married anyway? If we tie the knot while we're still in the biz, we run the risk of one of us biting it." Max says, keeping a light attitude despite the serious matter of the conversation.

"I know, it's just that all this craziness is happening, with that Shepard hunting for the reapers, and those damn geth. I've even heard that the Collectors are in on it now. Look, if anything happens to me, I at least want to have ring from the man I love." She replies, despair apparent on her features.

"What? That's it? I thought something bad happened like you wrecked my car or something." Max says, a jovial tone apparent in his words, which received a glare his way . "Alright, alright, if you wanna do it, then let's do it the second we get off the ship. You go find someone willing to do a shotgun wedding, I'll get the rings. Hey Demo! You're the best man!"

"'Bout time!" His friend shouts.

"Wonderland you be the bridesmaid! I know how much you hate dresses but this is important."

"Any other reason, and I'd strangle you for even suggesting it." Alice says, happy about the good news.

"Max, quit joking, I'm serious." Pinnam says, fighting a giggle.

"I'm being serious too. Now, where can we get you a wedding dress? I know I have a monkey suit laying around somewhere."

Before she could respond, Alice shouts from the pilot's seat. "Shit! One of the ships from the last mission tailed us! Son of a bitch, this ship isn't meant for dog fights!"

"Who are they?! Alliance? Fleet?" Daemon asks, trying to find something to hold on tight to.

Pinnam shouts "Batarian Slavers! We were hired to grab a slave and get him out! Didn't think they would follow!"

A blast rocks the ship. Daemon is thrown back and slams into the wall behind him, snapping his neck as well as peppering him with shrapnel. He slumps to the ship floor, dead.

"Holy shit, Dae-" Alice shouts, but another volley hits the ship. The piloting screen explodes, covering her in metal and glass, a large piece impaled in her throat. She struggles for a moment before succumbing to her wounds. She soaks the pilot seat with blood, dead.

Max and Pinnam rush for the escape pod. Another blast knocks the two loose from their footing. Max hits his head, knocking him unconscious. Pinnam grabs him by the shoulders and drags him to the pod. A wall explodes, sending metal flying in their direction. She closes the pod door and launches it as the ship finally gives way and falls in on itself. She lays max down on the ground. She looks down to her stomach as she bled a copious amount. Max awakens to find her barely clinging to life.

------

An Alliance ship picks up a distress beacon and proceed to locate it. They find an escape pod. Inside is a one eyed human wearing Blue Sons armor. In his arms was a female turian, blood pooled around them both. She lays in his grasp, sapphire blue eyes staring blankly, dead.