• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 722 Views, 55 Comments

Epic Equestrian Paintball War of Awesomeness - TheNeonNyanMuffinCat



Celestia is bored so she hosts a large paintball war in the Canterlout Gardens.

  • ...
1
 55
 722

Green Team???

After all the teams got settled in their base, passed out all the ammo they may need, and talked over many strategies, they set out to get the other teams' flags and win the prizes that Celestia promised. Never had anypony been so scared to look around a hedge or peer behind a statue.

IN THE BLUE TEAM'S BASE

"Now! Here's how it's going to go. Colgate, stay here and protect the flag. Luna, spy on the other teams-WITHOUT letting them know you are there. You probably know your way around best." Rainbow Dash addressed.

Luna gave a curt nod.

"And report what you see and hear to me. Me and Vinyl will try ambush, going into the bases and trying to get the flag, no matter what the costs. Right Vinyl?"

"Right." Vinyl said, cocking her gun which hovered next to her with a magenta aurora.

"Alright! If we all know what we have to do, let's move out, troops!"

Luna trotted out of one of the openings that led out of the small clearing into the hedge maze itself. After a check that they had everything they need to take down an opponent, Rainbow and Vinyl followed after.

"Remember, Colgate! Do not back down, and do not loose the flag!" Rainbow shouted after her.

"You got it, chief! Let nothing happen to the flag!" The toothpaste-haired mare shouted back.

assured that what they had to protect would be protected, she followed Vinyl at a fast pace.

*Luna P.O.V, Spying on Gleaming White Team*

Luna crouched down low in a large hedge, shielding unwanted eyes from finding out that she was there. Shining Armour was standing by the flag, a white paintball gun levitating next to him. He was firmly placed, seeming as if he would not move no matter what anypony told him. She wouldn't shoot him...at least, not yet. she had to wait until Rainbow Dash told her she could. She went out of the hedges on the other side after making sure the coast was clear. She ran back towards her base, hoping to meet with Rainbow and Vinyl to tell them how protected the flag was. Luna plus the ambush group of two would most defiantly take down the white stallion long enough to get the flag and get out before he signaled anypony to help him. A few minutes later she met up with her leader and her partner.

"Any news?" Rainbow asked her scout.

"White team base dead ahead, protected by Shining Armour. Other than him, I could see no other ponies protecting the flag. Us three could get him out and get the flag very fast." Luna answered officially.

"Good plan. Let's attack him and then check on our own camp." Vinyl said.

Luna and Rainbow nodded and began to quietly creep to the destination Luna gave. Another few minutes went by, and they arrived at the enemy's base. They hid in the bushes, guns ready to shoot. All three blue ponies aimed at their target.

"FIRE!" Dash shouted. Before Shining could figure out it was an ambush, Twenty-seven paintballs landed squarely on his chestplate, knocking him back with surprise.

"GO! GET THE FLAG! HE'S OUT!" Luna shouted. On cue, the three Blue Team members jumped out of the bushes and into the white clearing. Luna was fastest when it came to ground racing, so she bolted towards her target. With expert agility, she jumped over Shining and the ammo case, grabbed the white flag with sparkles on it, and went back into the bushes. Rainbow pushed aside the white gun so that Shining could not get them out-even if he tried, it would not count, as he was already shot at least five times. When Luna was safe in the bushes with the flag, Vinyl shouted to her leader that the flag was obtained and she could come back to check the camp. Rainbow nodded and bolted into the bushes after her teammates.
They ran away from the scene, because the noise they made and Shining's loud pleads for backup could have alerted others of the same color, and it would be bad to encounter more than they could take down.

Once they were sure that they were far enough away that they could not be followed, the group slowed to a trot, and eventually a walk. They laughed about the events that unfolded until they got back to their base. Rainbow and Luna talked and laughed until a loud, shocked gasp escaped Vinyl's mouth. The team leader and the blue alicorn turned their heads to see why the white unicorn was in so much distress.

And the scene before them made all the color drain from their faces.

An explosion of Orange and a frantic Colgate covered in orange paint was before them. The flag was gone, and the base was a huge mess. Colgate, almost unrecognizable because of the large amount of color on her, ran up to her leader.

"Im sorry Rainbow! There were so many of them! It was just way too much for me to handle! I mean, they surrounded me and took me down and took my gun and stole the flag and they were gone! I'm so sorry!"

After Dash took in what had happened, she took deep breaths and spoke.

"It's not your fault, Colgate. How many were there?"

Colgate thought for a minute of just how many attackers there were.

"It was the whole team...the leader...everypony in the group was a part of the Carrot Orange Team. And they were dang fast. It was just like four orange blurs, and a few seconds later, it was over."

Rainbow took some more deep breaths, and made sure they still had supplies. It would be foolish to take another team's ammunition, though. As they would serve no use other than restrict the other team's supplies.

"Thank you for your service to the Sea Blue Team, Colgate. But you have been shot more than five times...and you're out."

"I understand...I was happy to help while I could."

Luna's horn glowed, and the blue pony disappeared.

"hey...I thought you said no magic!" Rainbow said.

"Yeah...I just teleported her to the outlands, where you go when you get out."

"ooh...."

"Well...Let's just get back on track...and then set out once again to get another flag to make up for the lost one." Vinyl suggested.

"Good plan." Rainbow Said, getting a supplied towel out of the ammo box and started to wipe up the paint.

IN THE PURPLE TEAM'S BASE

Twilight stood silently, gun ready to fire if need be, right next to a purple flag with a small flower that matched that of which was on her chestplate. Next to her stood Lyra, also armed and ready to attack if she needed to. Twilight had just sent out a twin team consisting of Flitter and Cloudchaser to see what the Pink team was up to. With Pinkie Pie leading it, you never know.

"So...what is the plan if an ambush comes by?" Asked Lyra quietly.

"Shoot. Protect. Shield. Shoot." Replied Twilight with the same volume.

"Got it."

Few words were spoken until Flitter and Cloudchaser came into the clearing. Flitter had two pink splotches on her chestplate, while Cloudchaser had one.

"What happened?" Asked Twilight. "You have pink on you."

"Well..." Started Flitter. "We were being super quiet, but when I changed my position in the hedges where we were hiding to spy on the Cupcake Pink Team, I guess I made a noise, and we got shot a couple of times."

"Yeah...sorry..." Added Cloudchaser.

"It's not your fault. But I'm gonna be more careful with you two from now on. I don't want to lose you guys just yet."

The twins nodded, and advanced more into the purple base. They barely had time to react when two ponies from the pink team burst into the camp, shooting like crazy. Flitter got shot three times before she could pick up her gun.

"FLITTER'S OUT! GET THE FLAG!" Berry Punch shouted. The remaining Lilac Team ponies aimed and shot their paintball guns at the invaders. A few shots later, not enough to get them out, but enough to scare them as they realized that there were three of the purple ponies and only two pinks, retreated.

"RETREAT PINKS!" Berry shouted again. The two pink mares, Berry Punch and Candace, bolted back into the bushes with enough hits to scare the Cupcake Pink Team into not wanting to attack again for a while. When the ponies still in recovered from the shock of a very fast ambush, they turned their attention to the pony that had got shot five times.

"Flitter!" Said Cloudchaser. "You're out!"

Flitter looked at her colored chestplate and counted five pink blobs of color.

"Oh...what now?" She asked very quietly.

"I'm gonna teleport you to the outlands...wish the rest of us luck." Twilight answered.

"Luck."

A dim flash later, and the purple Pegasus was replaced by air. Twilight gave a big sigh and looked over her remaining team.

"Let's be more careful...one pony out I think is bad enough. I don't want the rest of you to join her."

A slight nod came from the mint mare.

"Yeah. WAY more careful." Said Cloudchaser, picking up her purple gun.


PLAYER COUNT: 21
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LILAC PURPLE TEAM - Twilight Sparkle (leader) Flitter, Cloudchaser, Lyra

SUN YELLOW TEAM- Fluttershy (leader) Apple Bloom, Bon-Bon, Derpy

CARROT ORANGE TEAM - Applejack (leader) Carrot Top, Raindrops, Scootaloo

GLEAMING WHITE TEAM- Rarity (leader) Sweetie Belle, Celestia, Shining Armour

CUPCAKE PINK TEAM - Pinkie Pie (leader) Berry Punch, Spike, Princess Candace

SEA BLUE TEAM - Rainbow Dash (leader) Colgate, Luna, Vinyl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Okay - When Luna teleported Colgate and Twilight teleported Flitter, it's part of the game. So when you get out, a unicorn or Alicorn will teleport you to the outlands. (So when Shining Armour got out, when Celestia found him she teleported him)

And there aren't gonna be random outs, only the ones that you read about.

Hope that you guys like this story so far, and I hope to get more going! Tell me what you want to see in the game, and I will do my best to wiggle it into the story!

By The Way, before you ask about the title of the chapter, green is sort of the color you get when you mix Blue and Orange. (When Orange attacked Blue, the Blue Base was covered in orange paint. Hence Orange and Blue mixed together)