• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 721 Views, 55 Comments

Epic Equestrian Paintball War of Awesomeness - TheNeonNyanMuffinCat



Celestia is bored so she hosts a large paintball war in the Canterlout Gardens.

  • ...
1
 55
 721

I'm BORED!

One lovely day in the Equestrian Capitol, Canterlout, one of the most respected leaders of all of Equestria was in her room.

And she was bored.

She was lying on her back on her bed with her large, white head hanging over the edge. She groaned and mumbled, as there was nothing, absolutely NOTHING to do. She didn't have any meetings or business trips or anything like that. And even if she did, those would be boring also. Luna was in her room next door playing "Portal 2" or whatever she called it, and she could hear her shouting at her gaming buddy through her headset. Sigh...not even bothering or playing with Luna sounded like fun. And seriously! Luna was her little sister! She was older, and older siblings have a grand time bugging the littler kids.

Wow. This boredom must be serious.

Celestia sat up, and once the room stopped spinning wildly, turned to face the wall. A small, blue rubber ball was sitting on the nightstand, and she picked it up with her magic and gave a small, gentle toss to the wall, which bounced off the stone and came back. It landed in front of the white alicorn's hooves, and she groaned loudly and fell on her back again.
"I am so darn BORED! I would bet my crown and necklace that I am the MOST Bored pony on the entire PLANET!" She said to herself. It probably wasn't true, but when you are as bored as Celestia, it's very easy to believe. She shifted her head so she was facing her giant storage closet, she got an idea. Maybe there was something in the closet that would kill the time!

The Goddess got onto her hooves and began to advance to the closet. A few BORING seconds later, she came to the door that kept the cluttered mess contained. Her horn glowed golden, and with a bit of effort, swung the rather large door open to reveal a large pile of papers, pictures, boxes, foal-hood toys, and other miscellaneous items. Her gleaming, purple eyes shifted along the mess, searching for anything that would grant her entertainment. Then she spied something.

Something deadly if used wrong.

Something that some ponies fear.

Something that was very, very fun in Celestia's opinion.

It was a very simple, cardboard box with bold, black words scrawled on it with sharpie.

PAINTBALL EQUIPMENT

It was perfect! She would have a large, exciting paintball war in the Canterlout Gardens right outside the castle where Celestia resided. But she would need more ponies...

The horse used her magic to levitate a well-crafted, violet quill, a golden bottle of ink, and a piece of paper over to her and began to write.

Dear my faithful student, Twilight Sparkle:

It seems I have found myself with nothing to do. But while searching through some old stuff, I have found my old paintball equipment. I would love nothing more if you would bring yourself, Spike, your friends, those three crusaders, and anypony willing to participate in the Epic Amazing Equestrian Paintball War of Awesomeness! Luna and I will also be playing. Here is all the bits you may need to bring everypony up here. It will be held in the Canterlout Gardens when you get here.I will provide the neccicary armor, equipment, location, and ammo if you provide the other players.I hope to see you soon!

Your gleeful mentor,
Princess Celestia

Celestia rolled up the paper into a formal scroll, and, along with the bits she promised, sent it. She then smiled big and brought down the box that held everything they would need to have the most fun they possibly can. She opened the large box, almost as big as her, and peered inside.

"Perfect." She whispered, giving a little hoof-clap.

MEANWHILE IN THE LIBRARY OF PONYVILLE

Twilight Sparkle, hoof-chosen student of Princess Celestia herself and local librarian, was in her library in the shell of a large oak tree. A silvery white book lay open in front of her on the table, and the unicorn read it intently. Spike, her dragon assistant, came down the stairs very slowly and carefully with a large stack of books in his arms.

"Here are the other ones, Twilight!" He stammered, obviously out of breath from the weight he was carrying.

Twilight perked up, and helped the struggling Spike by levitating the stack over to her. Spike fell over in exhaustion on one of the stairs. He then covered his mouth with his claws, and a small, green jet of flame came out, along with a scroll and a small, yellow bag tied with a formal red ribbon. Twilight cocked her eyebrow and picked up the scroll after putting the books neatly on the floor next to her. She opened it and read it, lips slowly forming a large grin.

"Spike, you ready to get colorful?" She asked.

Spike put on a confused expression until Twilight gave him the letter to read himself. He too smiled big.

"This is going to be so much fun!" He said excitedly. "Let's tell everypony!"

and so Twilight ran out; Spike on her back, money and letter in horn; to the middle of town to tell all the ponies Celestia's fun plan for the day. She ran to town hall, and once everypony was there, Twilight began to speak.

"Greetings, everypony. I have just received a letter from Princess Celestia. She would love it if a few ponies went to Canterlout to have a large, paintball war!"

Twilight paused to let everything soak in. She didn't want to seem to rushy, or telling everypony everything all at once.

"Now. Princess Celestia is going to provide everything we need, even the money for the trip there." She held up the little bag of bits. "It will be held in the Canterlout Gardens. Now, everypony who wants to go, go to the North side of the field." Twilight pointed her hoof to the North. "Everypony who wants to stay, you can just go back to your regular schedule. We will be back tomorrow, and wish us luck!"

A murmur of excitement came from the crowd as all the ponies got into their desired positions. When everypony was in their place, Twilight spoke once more.

"Okay! Ponies that want to come, follow me and Spike to the train station!"

Twilight, Spike, and all the ponies that wanted to come went to the train station, bought their tickets with the money provided, got onto the train, got into their seats, and talked while they set out to be a part of the Epic Equestrian Paintball War of Awesomeness.

(By the way, if you want to know who all is going to play, here's a list. your'e welcome ;3

Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, Big Mac, Derpy Hooves, Lyra Heartstrings, Bon-Bon, Vinyl Scratch, Berry Punch, Carrot Top, Colgate, Candace and Shining Armour, Raindrops, and Octavia. (24 ponies, wow!)

Author's Note:

Oki Doki Loki, hope you guys like the first chapter in "Epic Equestrian Paintball War of Awesomeness" (I think I over did it on the title...just a bit) I had a lot of fun writing it, even if it was full of a bored Celestia. (lol)

Also, feel free to tell me what you think of it, and constructive criticism is always appreciated. I reply to ALMOST every comment.

Ideas Maybe?