• Published 5th Feb 2013
  • 1,722 Views, 112 Comments

Cutie Mark Crusaders: Test of Friendship - JXWheeler



When a new colt comes to town, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are the first to welcome him to their group.

  • ...
3
 112
 1,722

Shock and Awe!

Duo was seen laid out on the floor unconscious. His face looked like all the blood rushed to his cheeks and stayed there. "Duo? Are you okay?" A concerned filly unicorn had asked while looking over the colt's body, it was Sweetie Belle. She looked over to her two filly friends, Applebloom and Scootaloo, with a worried look. "Girls? I think we may have overdone it..." The two other fillies walked up to Duo's unconscious, and apparently blushing, body each having a look of concern on their face. "Think he will wake up?"


One hour earlier


Duo and Fluttershy followed Pinkie Pie for what seemed like forever until they finally reached the 'Party Barn' as Pinkie had called it. "Here we are, I hope you like the party Duo!" Duo only looked away shyly at the pink pony as he gave a small nod. The pink mare giggled and opened the barn door showing a very festive looking loft. There were streamers here and there, a big cake in the corner, a poster of a pony with it's tail missing, and the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Twilight Sparkle were also there with a smile on each of their faces.



"Howdy ya'll! It's about time ya'll showed up fer the party!" Applejack walked up to Duo and pat him on the back. "Ah'm mighty glad ya saved ma lil' sis! Celestia knows what sort of danger that filly always puts herself in." The mare shook her head with a soft giggle as she looked at Duo's leg. "Ah hope ya get well soon buddy, ah still gotta introduce you to ma friends and family!" She pointed over to the group with a smile. "Of course ya already met Rarity, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie so ah will show ya the rest." She pointed to the purple unicorn and then to the rainbow-maned pegasus. "That there is Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash, as for ma family ah will introduce ya to them later." She then walked over to the punch bowl as Rarity stepped up to Duo with a polite smile, her beauty made Duo blush as she got close.


"Why hello darling, i'd also like to extend a show of gratitude for saving Sweetie Belle." She smiled at Duo who nodded in return, he was too shy right now to talk. "I know she can be quite a handful with how easily influenced she can be. Which reminds me..." She whispered something in Duo's ear making him blush deeply and look at Sweetie Belle who moaned her sister's name in annoyance. Rarity only giggled before she continued speaking. "You have to come to my shop sometime so you can be my model for colt outfits!" Once again Duo nodded his head in response as Rarity walked away. It was now Pinkie Pie who disturbed the silence by shouting 'PARTY!' at the top of her lungs.


Duo carefully got off his wheelchair and awkwardly walked a few steps before the CMC ran up to him and haped him (Hugging without consent). After Duo barely managed to slip through a small opening left by the hugging fillies he breathed a small sigh of relief at fresh air. He looked around at the ponies having fun doing their own things in the party when suddenly a light rapping on his shoulders shook him from his dream-like trance. "Hello? Earth to Duo!" The colt shook his head and looked at Scootaloo who gave a toothy grin. "I hope you like the party! I helped Pinkie Pie make it, although i didn't get my cutie mark in party making." She frowned slightly before perking up as Applebloom and Sweetie Belle dragged their gifts over with their mouths.


Sweetie Belle's gift was up first as Duo slowly unwrapped it with his mouth. Inside the box was a small tuxedo specially made to fit a colt of his size. It's black coat and white shirt complimented the colors of his mane and tail perfectly as the black tie hung around the neck for a snug fit. The colt wasn't wearing the tuxedo but he managed to gather all that information by simply looking at it. he threw a hoof around Sweetie Belle and gave her a soft hug. "Thank you!" The response he got was a blushing nod as he let go.


Applebloom was up next and judging from how quickly she galloped towards Duo, he half expected her to trample him. Instead she came to a halt a few inches away and placed an applepie in front of him. "Ah call it the Applebloom Special!" Applejack looked over and gave a small worried look, it was Applebloom who put in all the ingredients after all and Applejack only put it in the oven. Duo hadn't seen Applejack's reaction though because he took a small bite of it making him go wide-eyed. "Do ya like it?" Duo didn't want to disappoint Applebloom by saying it tasted like he ate a bunch of mud that he guessed was supposed to be chcolate, so he simply nodded his head. Applebloom gave him a hug as he forced himself to swallow the bite, he was going to regret that later.


He looked over at Scootaloo expecting her to give him a gift that came from the merchandise of Rainbow Dash's fanbase. Instead she averted her gaze and lightly kicked her hoof against the floor as she blushed. She eventually turned back to Duo and walked up to him. "I didn't know what to get you as a thank you gift so I decided to give you something that is a grown filly's way of saying thanks." Before Duo could respond Scootaloo gave him a quick kiss on the cheek making him turn red as a ripe tomato. Applebloom and Sweetie Belle stared at the kiss with their jaws hung low as the older guests simply giggled.


At that point a small twinge of jealously showed itself inside Applebloom and Sweetie Belle as they walked up to Duo and pushed Scootaloo to the side. "Ah also have another gift for you!" At that statement Applebloom kissed Duo on the other cheek. Duo, now faced with two cheeek kisses, stumbled back as red as ever not sure what to do. His vision got slightly blurry as he couldnt shake off his blush. He was almost afraid of what was next.


As if on cue Sweetie Belle stepped up in front of Duo with a warm smile. "Thank you for saving me from the Ursa Minor." She then leaned in and gave Duo a soft, tender kiss on the cheek which noteably felt different from the first two. This was the line that got crossed though, if the first two weren't bad enough now he had a third kiss. He swayed back and forth as red as anypony has ever gotten while everypony's mouths, except for the Crusaders, hung low with shock. He eventually did a 180 spin before eventually falling on his back and passing out.


Present


Duo suddenly woke up and quickly sat up only to headbutt poor Rainbow Dash in the face. "Ow! What the hay?!"She flew back a bit holding her snout in pain as she glared at the colt. Duo on the other hand was rubbing his forehead where he headbutt her. "Your head is as hard as Tank's shell!" Duo looked over to Rainbow Dash and apologized for what happened, she just sighed and nodded her head. "Don't worry kid, no harm done." A few giggles were heard throughout the room as the Cutie Mark Crusaders walked up to Duo with big smiles on their faces.


Applebloom was the first to speak up as she stepped forward. "Thank goodness ya woke up! I thought ya died!" Duo looked over to the yellow filly with a confused look on his face. Before he could speak though she walked up and was now uncomfortably close in front of the colt. "So which gift was the best?" She got a bit closer making Duo step back. "Was it mine? Scootaloo's? Or maybe Sweetie Belle's?" Duo looked between the three ponies simply shrugged his shoulders, big mistake.


All three of the fillies looked at each other and, in unison, advanced towards Duo. "Then we'll have to step up our game, right girls?" Scootaloo looked to the other two fillies who nodded their heads. Duo was now scared beyond words as he took a few steps back. The ponies nearby did nothing but giggle knowing that no possible harm was going to come of this. Unknown to them though that this was going to get much worse.


Each of the Cutie Mark Crusaders unanimously stared at Duo's eyes when a small sparkle inside them caused them to go silent. The way they looked now was almost as if they were in a trance. "um... girls?" The now confused colt stared at the eyes of the crusaders which had lost their luster. "What's going on?" The ponies nearby stopped giggling as Twilight started to walk over. Suddenly the trio broke the awkwardness by giving a huge smile with pink hearts in their eyes. "Uh... oh..."



"Oh Duo~" Sweetie Belle spoke the colt's name in almost a seductive tone as she slowly approached the shaking unicorn. He swallowed a lump in his throat as he stepped back from the trio. "It seems we have to have a competition to make sure there's a winner." After hearing this he saw the other two fillies nod their heads. Duo then bolted out the barn doors as the trio chased him close behind. The mane six were now completely stunned at what just happened.


Spike walked in with a confused look on his face and a scroll under his arm. He was going to ask but the ponies shook their heads as Spike walked up to Twilight and gave her the scroll. Twilight used her magic to levitate the scroll and open it for them all to read. "To my faithful student Twilight Sparkle..." She started off reading the scroll as the others listened intently before once again all jaws were on the floor. "Well... Celestia knows best." The mane six each gave off a nervous chuckle as Pinkie Pie simply bounced in place with excitement.


Meanwhile


Princess Celestia was sipping her tea as she gave off a small chuckle seeing what was going on in the barn. The crystal balls he watched turned off as she turned her full attention to the cup of tea. "I must know the recipe to this delicious tea that Tea Kettle made, then again only she can possibly give it this much flavor." She chuckled again as she took another sip loving the taste. Once the cup was finished she placed it on the plate and told her maid to take it away. She then heard knocks on the door as she smiled. "Come in."


Princess Luna walked inside her sister's chambers with a slight yawn. "It is time for thou to lower the sun and make way for night." She looked over at the crystal ball and raised an eyebrow. "Inspecting the civilians dear sister?" Celestia simply nodded as she turned it on to show the CMC chasing after Duo. "No...thy hath not used that spell on Duo right?" Celestia simply smirked as she nodded her head to confirm Luna's fear. "Thine sister will never grow up..." She then turned around and walked out the room as Celestia got up and proceeded to lower the sun.

Author's Note:

Well it seems Celestia has cast some sort of spell on Duo, what it is you will have to read to find out. It is not what you think either! :trollestia:

Introducing Duo! He was drawn by a friend because i suck at drawing anything beyond stick figures :rainbowlaugh: