• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 2,156 Views, 26 Comments

Friendly enemy - Cone of Wonders



a changeling who goes by the number 011, is banished from the hive and is brought in by a friendly pegasus named Fluttershy who makes it her mission to see if she can make even a deadly enemy into a caring friend.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,156

The stare's effect

It had been only a couple of minutes since 011 told Fluttershy of the uberling. Being the timid pony she was, 011 expected her to have packed up all her animals and head for the hills. However, she did not. Instead she was calmly arguing with 011 who was beginning to get frustrated at her ignorance.

"Why must you be so stubborn"?! asked 011 angrily to the yellow pegasus. Unlike 011, she wasn't angry, but she had other plans to help him. "But Silver,". Silver was apparently now the changeling's new name. It wasn't too bad but still, it was better than being called Dino. ", You can't stay here. If there really is a monster heading this way, you won't stand a chance". "And neither will you if you stay! I promised that no harm would come to you and I shall keep that promise"! "But...". "No buts! You must leave now"! 011's horn lit up and an already opened suitcase floated down the stairs surrounded in a green aura, along with it, several clothing items. The suitcase landed in front of Fluttershy and the clothes were quickly piled up into the suitcase which then closed. "There, you are already packed". "But what will you do"? Asked the timid pegasus, afraid she would not like his answer. "I must stay here and find a way to stop the Uberling. It is only after me, so if you get in the way, you'll regret it". Fluttershy kept trying to protest. She wasn't going to leave quietly. "If you... maybe talk to my friends in Ponyville, I'm sure they would be kind enough to help you". 011 let out a small laugh. "If any pony knew I had been staying here for a few days, they would likely tear me limb from limb like the savages they are"! Fluttershy stepped back, surprised that the changeling would believe that her friends would do such a thing. "Silver! My friends would never do such a horrible thing"! 011 was quite taken back. He had never known the pegasus to sound so forceful, but it didn't end there. "And they are certainly not savages! I want you to apologize for that remark right now mister. Or else". 011 laughed harder this time, unable to imagine that such a sweet caring pony would actually carry out a threat to him. "Oh or else what"? He began, still giving a few laughs. "You'll beg me to stop some more"? At that point, he had crossed the line.

Before he could continue, Fluttershy stared angrily at him. 011 just stood there, confused. This was what she was threatening to do? Stare at him? "You'll stare at me. That is your threat? How pathetic, you won-". 011 paused, he couldn't speak anymore as he looked at her eyes. He couldn't even move. It was almost as if he was in a trance. Fluttershy began to talk once more, keeping her eyes on 011's the whole time. "Listen mister, you think you can just go round talking about my friends that way? Well you can think again"! 011 felt like his soul was being pierced by her eyes, and it scared him. The chimera in the forest hadn't scared him but a shy pony? Now 011 felt afraid and embarrassed. "Now we are going to Twilight's for help and you're coming! And once we arrive, I want you to apologize for what you've said! Do you understand"? 011 didn't nod or shake his head. The only movement he could make was a twitch from his left eye. "I said, Do you understand"? 011 still didn't move. If it wasn't for the fact that he was standing up, you could have easily mistaken him for being dead. "Silver"? Fluttershy was starting to feel worried. "Are you okay"? Still no response. His eye wasn't twitching anymore. "Silver? can you speak, please"? Fluttershy was now nearly on the verge of tears. Her tactic of getting 011 to cooperate had seemed to have some sort of effect on him. Fluttershy gently lifted her front hoof up and tapped 011 on the nose. Still no response, he didn't even flinch. "Oh dear! What have I done"?! Fluttershy hugged the changelings stiff body and cried. Her tears splashing down on 011's hard black shoulder. "I'm so sorry"! She cried between sobs, hoping that 011 could hear her. Within seconds, 011 blinked and moved his hooves. His head hurt and he struggled to remember what had just happened. He then noticed that he had a very upset pegasus unloading a waterfall onto his shoulder. "Is there something wrong"? Fluttershy raised her head the sound of the voice and saw 011 looking at her with a confused look in his face while 011 himself saw tears streaming down her own. "Silver? You're okay! thank goodness, I thought I'd done something to you". 011 did not get what she meant. "... I don't understand". Fluttershy had now gone from upset, to relieved, and now to confused. It was as though 011 didn't remember what had just happened, as a matter of fact, he didn't. It seemed the stare had caused some sort of amnesia. "Don't you remember what I just said"? Asked Fluttershy, trying to jog his memory"Something about apologizing to your friends... and my mind went blank afterwards". Fluttershy broke her hug at last. "Anyway, as I was saying, you need to leave". Fluttershy just stared at him. She was surprised, to say the least, her stare had made everything she used it on obey her, chickens, a cockatrice, even a full grown dragon had broken down from her stare. But now, it seemed that the stare had a different effect on 011, for what reason, she did not know. Fluttershy felt that she should tell 011 what she had done to him, one reason to jog his memory, another reason to see if 011 wasn't silently suffering. "Umm, Silver"? Thinking that this was another attempt at arguing, 011 turned round and decided that enough was enough. "Tell me, where do one of your friends live"? Fluttershy was caught off guard from the question. "oh, well, my friend Twilight lives at Ponyville library, and-". Before she could say one more word, 011 zapped her with his magic, along with the suitcase and the whole room glowed bright green. When the light dimmed down, Fluttershy and the suitcase was nowhere in sight. "Good to know". said 011, at least that was one problem out of the way for him. But little did he know that in time, he had caused more problems than he had solved.

The Ponyville librarian, likely to be Twilight, was busy stacking several books away. She was quite content, hardly paying attention to anything else. That was until a bright green ball appeared in the middle of her room and nearly blinded her. She covered her eyes as the green ball of light expanded for a few seconds, and suddenly collapsed into itself. Once Twilight could tell that the light had disappeared, she lowered her hoof and to her surprise, she saw Fluttershy looking back at her. "Fluttershy? What are you doing here? And what was that green ball of light"? "Oh... Hello Twilight. Can I stay here for a couple of days? I'll try not to be a bother". She said, knowing that 011 wouldn't let her return to her cottage. Twilight walked over to her friend and saw that her cheeks were wet, from the crying she did earlier but Twilight did not know that. "Fluttershy, Is everything okay? You seem a bit upset". "Twilight, I need to tell you something". It was time to tell her about Silver.

Author's Note:

Glad I managed to write this chapter so fast. Especially since it took me more than two weeks to write the last one.