• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 2,157 Views, 26 Comments

Friendly enemy - Cone of Wonders



a changeling who goes by the number 011, is banished from the hive and is brought in by a friendly pegasus named Fluttershy who makes it her mission to see if she can make even a deadly enemy into a caring friend.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,157

Let the torment begin

After gathering his locket from the cell, 011 was on the first chariot to Ponyville. The air blew strongly into his face giving him more to moan about. He knew that Celestia had responded to Fluttershy's scroll so she should have known that he was on his way. Ten minutes of traveling passed and the chariot reached the center of Ponyville. "Thank you guards". said 011 to the guards who pulled the chariot. They snorted in response and flew off with the chariot leaving 011 on his own. He looked round. There was nopony in sight, not that it surprised 011 but he was expecting Fluttershy to meet him at the least. "Way to roll out the welcome carpet Ponyville". He muttered to himself as he approached one of the houses and looked inside. All he could see was his own reflection as the room inside was too dark.

He walked up to a second house and noticed something on the door. A note which said. "Please Enter Silver". 011 looked around almost certain that this was some sort of trap. "Perhaps it would be wise to just walk away right now". He told himself. However, his curiosity got the better of him as he swung the door open, pitch black just like the other house. He walked inside unsure what to expect until...

"SURPRISE"!!! The room suddenly lit up and standing in front of 011 was at least fifty ponies. "AMBUSH"! 011 yelled as he dived to the nearest table and flipped it over before firing a magic bolt over the top of it. He ducked back under and heard the bolt make contact with something. He charged up another bolt but before firing again, he realized that nopony was attacking him. He certainly should have been overrun by now. The room was actually dead silent. 011 took his chances and looked over the table only to be met with a hundred shocked eyes. "Well this is quite unnerving". He thought. Soon after, Fluttershy appeared from the crowd. "Yellow Pegasus, what is the meaning of this poorly planned attack"? Asked 011 obviously furious from what he thought was some form of ambush. Fluttershy seemed quite calm but a little nervous from what just happened. "ummm, I think you're confused Silver. This is... well, was meant to be a welcoming party for you". 011 looked round. He noticed that the magic bolt he fired had hit some sort of half destroyed glass bowl filled with an odd purple liquid. "... Welcoming party? You mean some sort of interrogation"? "No...". "Imprisonment"? "No". "Is it-"? "Silver, do you even know what a party is"? "... I can safely say that I do not". A couple of mares gave a small giggle. However, a quick glare from 011 shut them up immediately.

"So please explain. What is this... parah..tey... that you speak of"? Asked 011 who was interested in learning what a party was. "Well, it's meant to be a... get together of a group of friends who like to dance and have fun". Replied Fluttershy as she tried her best to describe a party. 011 on the other hoof looked even more confused. "... What in Chysalis's name is a Fun and a dance supposed to be"?! Fluttershy paused for a second. She could describe dancing well enough but was unsure how to describe fun. "Perhaps it would be best if I let you experience it"? 011 thought about it for a second before responding. "Very well. I shall play your little game for now. So what must I do first"? "Well, for starters, could you please flip that table up on it legs again? I don't think Pinkie Pie will appreciate it if you left it like that... Please"? 011 did what she asked and used his magic to flip the table back on its four wooden legs. "Done. Have I achieved Fun or Dance yet"? Asked 011 feeling as though he had completed her task of learning fun. Fluttershy gave a small laugh. "Not yet, come on. I'd like you to meet the rest of my friends". 011 followed Fluttershy. Music began playing and everypony began talking to each other. All except for one dark pink mare ,with Grapes and a strawberry for a cutie mark, who stared at the half destroyed punch bowl with watery eyes.

"Silver, I'd like you to meet Pinkie Pie. One of my best friends". 011 saw a pink smiling mare standing right in front of him. Her mane and tail was like cotton candy. And for whatever reason, she was bouncing up and down. "HelloMr.Changeling!Nicetomeetyou, I'mPinkiePieandIthrewthispartyjustforyou!Ihopewecanbecomefriends! AreyougoingtobestayinginPonyville? ThatwouldbesoawesomeifyoudidbecauseIhavesomuchtoshowyouaroundPonyville! Doyoulikecake? Orpie? Orboth? BecauseIlikeboth! *gasp* Maybewecanbecomecakepiebuddies! Wouldn'tthatbesomethingcool"?! PinkiePie seemed to have gotten closer and closer to 011 with every word she spoke. By the point she had finished talking, she was right in 011's face while balancing on her two front hooves. 011 seemed a little worried for his own safety. He was also amazed by how fast she could talk, especially since she hadn't taken a second to breathe for air after any sentences. "I see... Well... Thank you for throwing this Paretay Miss Pie. And I apologize for flipping the table and destroying your unusual glass ornament". "Oh it's okay silly billy.! Ooh, looks like Bon Bon's playing pin the tail on the donkey! Be back if a jiffy"! She then disappeared from 011's eyes leaving only a cloudy version of herself before it faded from view slowly. 011 turned to Fluttershy. "You have such an unusual friend". "Don't worry, She's just being Pinkie Pie". said Fluttershy with a smile. 011 just wondered if "being Pinkie Pie" was supposed to be a good thing or a bad thing. "What must I do now"? asked 011. "Well, I still have a couple of other friends I would like you to meet. They may not really be as... fun as Pinkie but they're my best friends and I love them. Please follow me". 011 followed Fluttershy and thought to himself. "Fun must be pony talk for torture".

Author's Note:

Pinkie's character is very challenging for me. I hope I managed to write a good enough impression of her. Glad I managed to get this chapter out so quickly :D