• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 2,157 Views, 26 Comments

Friendly enemy - Cone of Wonders



a changeling who goes by the number 011, is banished from the hive and is brought in by a friendly pegasus named Fluttershy who makes it her mission to see if she can make even a deadly enemy into a caring friend.

  • ...
4
 26
 2,157

A simple game

"What is it Pink Pony"? Asked 011 though gritted teeth as he forced a himself to sound as friendly as possible even though he wasn't doing too good a job of it. The Pink pony known as Pinkie Pie had hopped over and spoke. "You have to come and see this! Its like, the most supertastic funnest thing EVER"! She squealed happily, unable to contain her excitement. 011 Sighed. "Very well, if I must". It seemed that going to sleep would have to wait a little while longer as Pinkie literally dragged 011 by his front hole filled hoof over to the other side of the room where several ponies were already standing around in a circle. As soon as they noticed Pinkie approaching with her new friend, they made a hole so that they could get though to the middle of the circle. 011 was met with several new smiling faces of who he had yet to meet. The second 011 and Pinkie stood in the center of the circle, everypony around them became silent and looked at 011 as though they were expecting him to do something. 011 couldn't help but feel creeped out by their staring faces and turned to Pinkie to ask what was going on until he jumped with shock as he noticed that Pinkie was also making the same face as the others. However, she was right in the changelings face which in honesty would make anything jump out of its skin if they weren't expecting it. As soon as he got over nearly suffering a heart attack, he asked. "Why is everypony staring at me like this"? He asked immediately dropping his "Friendly" attitude. All he got in response was something he couldn't understand due to the speed that Pinkie Pie was talking at. "PINTHETAILONTHEPONYOFCOURSESILLY"!! "Perhaps you could speak slower? I did not understand a single word you just spoke". Pinkie did exactly what he said. However, "p-i-n... t-h-e... T-a-i-l... o-". "Just stop"! Demanded the changeling getting annoyed with the pony (At least more annoyed than he was with her before). "This is getting us nowhere. You, what is she trying to say"? Asked 011 pointing to one of the ponies surrounding him. The pony he pointed at stepped forward and spoke. "She wants you to play pin the tail on the pony". She said simply. "...Not a chance". Was all the changeling responded before trying to make his way through the pony ring. Before he even got the chance to get through them, he felt something instantly wrap around his two hind legs nearly causing him to trip. He turned round and noticed that the Pink pony now had a firm grip on his legs and was refusing to let go. "Will you let go"? "Aw come on, just give it a go. Please"?
"No".
"Please"?
"No".
"Please"?
"No".
"Please?
"No"!
"Please".
"NO"!
"Pretty Please with a cherry on top"?
"NOOO! HOW MANY TIMES MUST I SAY NO FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND"!? 011 did all he could to shake the Pink menace off of his legs who kept a hold of him for as long as she could. 011 took her eyes off of Pinkie to see the circle of ponies giggle at the amusing scene they saw before their eyes which made 011 try to kick Pinkie off. He even tried to use his magic to rip her off which also resulted in failure as she managed to get onto his back and wrapped her hooves around his neck. ""WILL YOU GET OFF OF ME"? 011 yelled to Pinkie who finally released him but was now sitting up on his back. The ponies stopped giggling due to the changelings sudden outburst and were now a little fearful. Some even took a step back just in case the changeling decided to eat them, even though they knew that 011 and his species fed on love, but still, better safe than sorry. 011 noticed that the whole party had gone now gone silent and had now crowded round him and Pinkie to see what all the commotion was about. Even Fluttershy had come to see what was going on. 011 realized that he must have yelled a little louder than he thought. He became a little distracted with the number of eyes watching him, that he did not notice Pinkie Pie jump off of him. However he became clear of it once he found her holding some sort of tail in front of his face. 011 looked up from the fake tail to the pink pony, confused about what she was doing as she gave a small smile and moved her eyes towards the left. 011 looked to the left and saw a picture of a pony without a tail. It then became obvious what she wanted him to do. 011 took a deep sigh and gave in. "Fine". He muttered. His horn began to glow and the tail in Pinkies hoof was snatched out of her hoof and into 011's.

Everypony surrounding the pair cheered watched in awe, interested on what the changeling was going to do. 011 noticed a blindfold suddenly cover his eyes and that he was suddenly spun round several times. When he came to a stop, he wobbled around nearly losing his balance. He then stood still, not exactly sure what to do next until somepony from behind, probably Pinkie, nudged him forwards a couple of times until he began walking himself with his hoof holding the fake tail was stretched out in front of him. He walked cautiously a few meters until the pin on the tail got stuck into something. He used his magic to take off the blindfold and saw he had hit the picture of the pony on its muzzle. Seeing how ponies usually don't have tails on their faces, 011 assumed that he had failed. However he was surprised to hear the ponies behind him cheer. He turned round from the wall to see the ponies smiling and stomping their hooves for him. The next thing he knew, he was pulled into a bone crushing hug by none other than Pinkie Pie. "I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT! WELL DONE"! She yelled in joy as she kept accidentally crushing the changeling up to the point where he felt that his eyes were going to pop out of his skull. Pinkie released him and gave the biggest smile out of the whole audience of ponies around them. Fluttershy stepped out of the crowd and met them both who smiled (well Pinkie did anyway, 011 just nodded as to simply say *HI*). "Way to go Silver. You did well". She softly said. "But I did not stick the tail in the right place. Why is everypony cheering"? "You gave the courage to try at least, and that's all that matters. They're cheering because you gave it a go". She responded before giving 011 a much gentle hug compared to Pinkies crushing hug of death. "What is with ponies and hugging"? 011 thought to himself as this had to be the fifth hug he had received in total (most of them being from Fluttershy). Once she broke the hug, she spoke. "Now Silver, what do you say to Pinkie for showing you fun"? 011 rolled his eyes and turned to Pinkie Pie. "Pink one"? He began. "Yes Silvy"? She gleefully asked. "... You are going to be the death of me". He said with nearly no emotion in his voice. Fluttershy glared at 011 who didn't notice. Pinkie however just laughed and said. "You're welcome Silvy". Before patting his head and bounced off. "So, do you want to go back upstairs"? asked Fluttershy. 011 looked at her, then to the stairs leading to the bedroom and then to all the ponies who had now gone back to doing whatever they were doing before the whole argument from earlier. 011 then looked back to Fluttershy and responded. "I suppose sleep can wait for another ten minutes. But only ten". He replied. Fluttershy smiled happily and the both of them headed over to meet some more ponies.