• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 422 Views, 6 Comments

The Dark Coming - LordLogan



A story of romance, fighting and most of all....the classic war of good vs evil.

  • ...
4
 6
 422

Part 8

Rainbow Dash was looking out into the horizon where the sun will be rising within the next few hours. It was officially the next day, the day that would spring about war. Rainbow Dash, too, was feeling stressed and worried by the thought of war. She, like usual, bottled up the thoughts so nopony could find out. So she can be tough enough to protect everypony. She thought about how she said all those things about taking on the entire army was only an act in wanting the war to be over before it began. She didn't want to see any of her friends get hurt and couldn't imagine a world over taken by changelings. Can Rainbow protect all of her friends? She hoped and prayed she could but also gained fear at the thought of the Princesses being overthrown.

"Y'all alright Sugarcube?"

"Huh? Oh uh, yea. I guess."

"What's wrong Dash? Ah thought you would be riled up by all this."

Dash changed her expression when she realized she was seeming depressed and weak, "Well of course I am! I'm gonna bash all those changelings before they could lay a hoove on anypony!"

Applejack saw through the act, "Dash, you don't have to put on a face for me."

"What do you mean? Who's putting on a face?"

Applejack placed a hoof on the pegasus' shoulder, "Remember what Ah said on the train? Ah said your special and there is nothing gonna changed that."

"What do you mean by special? You mean like Derpy Hooves…?" Dash started to frown.

"Nah, of course not Dash. Ah mean, well Ah…err…well Ah have feelins."

"Feelings…? For…me…?"The cyan pony began to blush.

"Yea, Ah llllo….." BANG! The door flew open, interrupting the orange pony's words, with two guards standing strong,

"Ladies you have been summoned by the Princesses in the lobby if you'll kindly follow us." The ponies did so and down the stairs they went.

---


Before the interruption and during Applejack's and Dash's moment another pony with an indigo mane and tail was having thoughts of her own.

'Oh I hope our strong stallions will be more than enough for those Changelings. I couldn't bear the thought of what might happen to sweet young Fluttershy. She couldn't stand a chance in a fight nor could her mind even fathom the pain and fear war brings. And that Pinkie Pie! Her randomness and silliness is always getting out of hand and this time has gone too far. These are most serious times and all she can think about is candy and cupcakes. She couldn't fight either. Pinkie and Fluttershy best stay out of it. Perhaps go away until it blows over…if it blows over. Oh I cannot do much either. My magic is nowhere near as powerful as Twilight's…' The name of the lavender pony put a smile on Rarity's face, 'Yes Twilight. If anypony can save us it would be her. She always has a plan and could always find a way to win a battle when her friends' lives were on the line. Oh Twilight, your leadership, magic and…love will win us the day. I just know it.'

BANG! The door flew open, interrupting the white pony's thoughts, with two guards standing strong,

"Ladies you have been summoned by the Princesses in the lobby if you'll kindly follow us." The ponies did so and down the stairs they went.

---

Earlier in the war room,

"So Princess Celestia, I bet you already have a magnificent plan in mind right?" The lavender pony sweated on the back of her head.

"Well my student, I have some idea but I'd rather hear my sister out first. She had more of a knack for conflicts such as this."

"Correct sister! We admittedly always enjoy a good smiting whenst it brings forth justice! Is thine sister ready for battle or are thou weakened by the luxuries of peaceful times?" Luna chuckled at her tease towards her sister who hasn't been in the battle fields for quite some time.

"You are so humorous Luna but this is not the time for humor. We must all face this threat with utmost certainty of victory and hold nothing back." The white Princess looked upon her student, "Do you think you'll be able to hold your ground with your friends?"

"You can count on me that I'll protect my friends to the end Princess. Plus, we have my big brother whom I assume will be assigned to lead the stallions to battle?"

"Indeed, your highnesses, I am fully prepared to lead the soldiers until the end." Twilight felt so proud to be related to one of Canterlot's highest and bravest guards.

"Thou's bravery shall be commended once this dark tyranny hast seized! And thus, we have constructed a plan!"

"And that would be…?" questioned both teacher and pupil.

"While Shining Armor defends Canterlot with his stallions we, sister, shall face the enitity of chaos himself"

"But Luna, do you think Queen Chrysalis is on terms with Discord? And if so do you think they'd both come at us with the army as well?"

"We have not faced the Changeling Queen but if Discord remembers our might he'll probably bring her to separate us. We cannot allow such defiance and thus, Twilight Sparkle and her friends must take on the threat of the Queen until we, sister, stop Discord."

"That sounds like a plan to me your highness" claims the white stallion.

"Indeed sister, I agree with this plan as well. I have full faith in the Elements of Harmony."

"We won't let you down Princess!" Twilight was determined to make a successful plan of her own to face against Queen Chrysalis.

Celestia speaks once more, "Guards, please retrieve the ponies within my throne room and bring them to me."

"Yes your highness" and the guards stormed off to the throne room.