• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 420 Views, 6 Comments

The Dark Coming - LordLogan



A story of romance, fighting and most of all....the classic war of good vs evil.

  • ...
4
 6
 420

Part 9

The Elements and the Princesses with Shining Armor gathered together once again in the lobby as Canterlot's guards ran back and forth reporting to their posts. Shining Armor knew that preparations for war MUST be perfect without question,

"Your highnesses, I must tend to the guard's positions and direct proper orders."

"Of course Shining Armor, I have full faith in you." Said the Goddess of the Sun.

"Thank you milady and I hope for safety in all of you. Please, little sis, be careful."

"Don't worry BBBFF, our plans will work. I just know it. All you need to worry about is not to hurt the enemy TOO hard." Twilight giggled.

"Yes well if they think about surrendering quickly I MIGHT go easy on em'." They both shared a laugh. "Love you, Twilly."

"Love you too BBBFF." And with that Shining Armor galloped off already barking orders to some nearby guards.

"Very well my student, my sister and I will be off to prepare for Discord. Please instruct your friends of our plans and get prepped and ready."

"Of course Princess, we are at your commands."

"Very well Twilight Sparkle! Come sister, we have preparations to make! We believe that a righteous smiting still resides with us!" Princess Luna said with a grin and off they flew to the top of the castle. Twilight turned to her friends,

"Alright girls we have a huge task ahead of us that must not get compromised."

"Are…um…do we…um…have to face Discord…a-again…?" Fluttershy shivered.

"Nonono silly remember Celestia said that she and her sister were gonna fight the big bad baddy?! You have nothing to worry your cute little head of yours Fluttershy we'll probably be helping the guards. Right Twilight?" The Pink pony tried to reassure the mare she loved before looking towards Twilight.

"Well, umm, not exactly Pinkie Pie. You see to ensure the sisters are not interrupted, we have to face…" Rainbow then interrupted while dramatically punching and kicking the air near her,

"Who do we have to smash Twilight?! Is it that no good Trixie?! Cause I'll clobber her before she can even THINK about using any of her evil spells!" The orange pony beside her held a hoof on her shoulder,

"Hold on there Sugarcube, I doubt it's all that easy."

"Applejack's right Rainbow, who I was going to say was not Trixie but actually..." she paused for a brief moment with hopes not to frighten them, "Queen Chrysalis."

"Oh my darling, you think we can handle that?" The unicorn exclaimed.

"We have to Rarity, the Princesses have faith in us and NEED us to do it."

"Of course dear Twilight, we'll be by your side without question."

"Thank you, Rarity. And actually I'm already going to need some of your assistance."

"Really, me? Whatever do you need darling?"

"We don't have time to take a trip back to Ponyville but we need our Elements so I thought of trying to teleport them here. I'm going to need a lot of magic and that's where you come in."

"Very well darling I think I know what to do." The two unicorns brought their horns together as they closed their eyes. Their horns started to glow as their facial expressions intensified. Powerful bolts of energy sparked between the horns as a glowing started to appear before them. The glow was so bright that the other fillies had the cover their eyes with their fore-hooves. Flashes of memories, thoughts and feelings appeared into the two minds; exchanging glimpses of the subconscious to one another. Sweat dripped down both ponies until a blast pushed them back onto their backs and dropping to the floor were the girls Elements of Harmony.

"We…we did it darling!" The white mare said excitedly.

"Yeah…thanks…Rarity" the lavender mare still sweated after seeing Rarity's deep thoughts and…feelings.

"Good work guys!" roared the cyan pegasus.

"Yay! Look Fluttershy! It's your beautiful butterfly element!" Pinkie was placing the necklace upon the yellow pegasus,

"Th-thanks Pinkie…" The blushing mare squeaked. The overexcited pony hugged her making her blush even harder,

"Of course Fluttershy." She let go of her friend, "I'll put mine on so we'll match again!" The athletic pegasus put on a confused look and whispered to Applejack,

"Hey, Pinkie has been hanging with Fluttershy a lot. You know sticking to her like glue. I know we're all friends but do you wonder…"

"What, if Pinkie there has a crush on her or somethin'?" The farm pony whispered back.

"Yeah or I don't know…is Pinkie a fillyfooler?"

"Dash I'm sure she's just trying to be there for her shy, timid friend. She understands that Fluttershy will have a hard time wrapping her mind around the idea of war returning. But, do you not like…fillyfoolers…?" Dash gained a surprised look,

"Nonononono… I didn't mean to judge em' or anything nor do I care. I'm cool with anyone's sexuality it's just I'm not one and if they are cool with that then everything is great! I was just wondering if she felt anything for Fluttershy was all but I guess you're right, she's just being a good friend." Applejack looked down, a little depressed,

"Yea…uh…me too and Ah'm…uh glad Pinkie's there for her."

"Yea it's nice. Hey, you ok AJ?" Rainbow looked upon her friend with worry as she saw her friend had a new found depressed look upon her face.

"Oh Ah'm…uh…the war! Yea just worryin' 'bout the war."

"No sweat AJ. We got this!" The cyan pony placed a hoof on her shoulder and smiled.

"Yeah your right sugarcube. We better see about Twi's plan." She looked toward the leader of the group who was placing the crown upon her head with her magic, "Hey sugarcube, where we going from here?"
"We'll have to be separated from the sisters and draw away the Queen towards us."


---

In the midst of flight the changeling army makes its' way towards Canterlot. Behind the first wave of the hoard flies two menacing foes,

"Discord, would it not have made more sense for me to lead my changelings in as ponies and attack from within?"

"Well changeling Queen that is not a bad strategy; however they would have suspected it."

"How could they possibly know that before it happened?"

"Well quite simply I had informed them that war was coming. Now not many would expect it would be your minions they were going to battle but the Princesses would have been well aware not to ignore the possibility. They would suspect something to be up if they had not seen an enemy for some time but now they know we're coming and thus have not thought of such an idea."

"Discord you bastard! How could you give away our position! You lost us the element of surprise! Why would you do such a thing!?"

"Ha ha well there are two reasons my dear. The first is as I said; they have lost such an idea of attacking from within. THAT is where our element of surprise will arise." The Queen cocked her head with a confused face to match,

"I do not follow…"

"Well you see I have some new, friends shall we say, that are enroute from a different direction."

"And who are these 'friends' of yours?"

"Now, now Chrysalis we must not get too hasty; wouldn't want to spoil the surprise."

"Surprise? Do I sense betrayal Discord?"

"What from little ol' me? Now don't be getting carried away." The Queen squints her eyes in a face full of anger,

"You act like such a foolish child, Discord."

"Nah, I just have fun with it. You should try it sometime."

"Fool I run a kingdom, bringing order! You just flaunt about creating chaos and worrying for no one but yourself!"

"Sticks and stones, Chrysalis. Sticks and stones." The changelings blood started boiling now,

"You are so lucky we have a common enemy right now because it would have been YOU that my army would be destroying now!" The chaotic one began to smirk,

"How adorable that you think you could beat me. Perhaps once this is all over we can play a game to settle our differences." The Queen rolled her eyes,

"Hmmph, child."

"Now instead of making my wonderful qualities sound like a waste of time by your insults would you like to hear what I believe they have in store for us?"

"Proceed chaotic child." Discord ignored the repetitive insult,

"Well, I believe they are going to try to separate us. The princesses wouldn't want an interruption with my fight with them and thus will probably send the cursed Elements of Harmony to distract you."

"Clever of them as they know you cannot fight them both at once. How do you plan to stop the elements so that we may stand together against the Goddesses?"

"Well as I said I have friends coming from another direction."

"Thus you plan on using them to distract the Elements?"

"Indeed Changeling Queen." Then a light bulb had flicked on above the Queen's head remembering back to the beginning of their battle plans,

"Wait you said before that you gave up our position for two reasons with the first reason being that they gave comfortably that there would not be a surprise attack; thus we do have a surprise attack, attacking them when their defenses are low…"

"That is quite correct."

"...but what was the second reason for you to give it up? Is there another diversion in wait?"

"Nope."

"A risk taken to make our victory more glorious?" The chaotic king chuckled,

"Ha, ha…nope."

"Then what is your second reason Discord? Why have you brought my army to face Celestia's army head on?" The disfigured beast brought up his arms into a shrugging position with a smile so big that the corners looked like they were next his eyebrows,

"Why, to erupt glorious chaos of course."