• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 420 Views, 6 Comments

The Dark Coming - LordLogan



A story of romance, fighting and most of all....the classic war of good vs evil.

  • ...
4
 6
 420

Part 17

The 5 Elements galloped into the castle where the Princess stood victorious. The place was a mess with debris and broken wall. It looked as though it had been a 1,000 year old ruin. The girls were amazed at how it was still standing.

“Your majesties, might I ask where is Discord?” Rarity said as she stood ahead of every other pony in the group.

“He has been taken care of Rarity and I assure you all that we will not allow his return.” Celestia smiled as she looked upon her fellow princesses.

“Yee ha! It looks like we won!” Cheered the farm pony.

“Of course we did! No one is better than us!” Shouted Rainbow.

“Does that umm…mean Twilight came to help you…your m-majesty?” Squeaked the yellow pegasus as she laid down in respect towards Celestia.

“Twilight? Is she not with you?” Celestia’s worry grew.

“Ah horse apples; she must be still fighting Trixie!”

“Cadence and we shall scout the skies to find Twilight Sparkle!” Luna shouted as she and Cadence flew out of the castle.

“I will join them.” Celestia flew in a hurry, without another word.

“Uh oh, is Twilight in a pickle Rarity?” The party pony asked.

“I…I fear so if the Princesses do not know her whereabouts. We should look for her as well.” Rarity turned away from the group to look outside a hole in the wall; gazing upon the field which held some bodies and blood.

“I…I hope she is…ok.” Announced worried Fluttershy.

“Don’t worry Fluttershy, we’ll find her safe and sound.” Pinkie kissed her on the cheek, relaxing the yellow pony and putting a smile on her face.

“You give me hope Pinkie. I love you.” Pinkie hugged her,

“I love making you feel safe, Fluttershy. And I always will.” Fluttershy hugged her back,

“Thank you Pinkie.”

“Girls I believe me when I say that I hate to ruin intimate moments but…” Rarity was beginning to speak until she stopped in shock to see while Fluttershy and Pinkie were hugging, Rainbow Dash and Applejack were making out. “Girls! Our friend is in trouble!” Applejack and Rainbow broke their lips apart at Rarity’s shouting while at the same time their faces were filled with red.

“Ah…uh…sorry Rarity…” Applejack didn’t know what to say and grew nervous with all eyes gazed upon her and her marefriend.

“We know! I’m worried too and AJ was just…uh…reassuring me is all!” Rainbow’s eyes were looking away from Rarity’s irritated expression.

“There is plenty of time for that after we know Twilight is safe! Now let’s go!” Rarity lept outside and galloped away while Pinkie and Fluttershy followed. Applejack elbowed Rainbow but couldn’t resist smiling,

“Nice idea, sugarcube.”

“Yea yea, I’m sure Twilight has wiped the floor with that boasting butthead and we can just all go home once we find her.” The farm pony nodded her head in agreement and then the two mares galloped behind the other couple.
Trixie’s laughter still roared in the sky as Twilight was literally being thrown left and right into rocks, giving the lavender unicorn many bruises, bumps and cuts. “Did you think you’d fool me like last time so easily?”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Please Trixie…” Twilight struggled to get up on her hooves but she was badly injured,

“…stop this…and just leave.” Trixie picked up the pain stricken unicorn with her magic and pulled her really close,

“You know Twilight Sparkle, even I have to admit that when you are acting true and noble to protect your friends, loved ones and everything you ever cared about, it is actually kind of cute.” Twilight’s eyes shot open in surprise at the change in subject. “But when you are cowering and begging me to just go away well…. it makes me sick!” Trixie sent Twilight hurtling towards the wall of mountain in disgust. She looked up high above Twilight on a small cliff where a diamond dog stood giving hand signals. “Shit, I guess that means Discord and Chrysalis lost” Trixie mumbled to herself. The diamond dog started to flee soon after. “Well, at least I better hurry and kill you Sparkle. Say good…”

“Stop right there ruffian!” Rarity shouted as the Elements and the Princesses finally had made it to intervene.

“Ha, you again? Wasn’t your talent something to do with dressing up?”

“Dressing up? I think not! I am Ponyville’s one and only fashion designer that brings beauty to the world. But that does not mean I can’t protect the ones I care about.”

“Hey uh Pinkie, does Rarity seem to be very protective all of uh sudden?” The farm pony questioned.

“Shhhhh Applejack, this is getting exciting!” The pink pony whispered with excitement.

“I’ll admit that I may not be a match for any of the Princesses but what could you alone do to anypony of the likes like me? If I’m not mistaken, isn’t Twilight the most powerful of Ponyville? But look upon her, defeated and weak. After I honed my skills I had beaten her with ease for I am The Great and Powerful Trixie!” Rarity became infuriated and fired a barrage of magic beams towards Trixie as she charged her.

“I’ll show you, you bitch!”

“Yea let’s wipe the floor with her…” The boastful pegasus started to fly towards Trixie but was stopped in air by Cadence’s magic. “Hey what’s the…”

“You must hold back Rainbow. This is a fight between Rarity and Trixie; a fight of love.” Cadence spoke with soft yet powerful words that put even the Goddesses of Night and Day in surprise.

“Do you mean, that Rarity...loves Twilight?” Fluttershy spoke to Cadence.

“I believe so for I feel it within her heart that her true desire as of now is to protect Twilight.”

“Sister, shall we still stand by?” Luna whispered in Celestia’s ear.

“I hate to do it but yes, everyone needs to be strong enough for those they care about. This is Rarity’s opportunity to show her love to Twilight. If we intervene, then Twilight will never know and Rarity will have feelings of guilt that she didn’t save Twilight.”

“We understand but we must bring attention to Twilight Sparkle’s injuries.”

“Agreed.” The three Princesses flew over Trixie and Rarity and landed next to Twilight.

“Oh no you don-“ Trixie was shooting a blast at Twilight but was instead shot by Rarity.

“Get it through your thick skull that you will cease this audacity now!” Trixie looked around seeing everypony giving her a glare and then seeing a very intimidating angry Rarity.

“Urrgh, dam you all!” Trixie shouted into the air before teleporting herself away.

“Aww horse apples where’d she go!?”

“Maybe she’s close c’mon we can…”

“Let her go Rainbow Dash. She won’t be harming anypony anymore.”

“But Princess what about what she has done?”

“I’ll have my guards search for her but we need to attend to Twilight.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few days have passed since the war ended and Twilight rested in the Canterlot hospital. The sky was an orange-red that shown through the window hinting at sunset. The lavender pony’s swelling had gone down but she had some bandages in place of her cuts and a few small bruises in various areas. Twilight’s eyes slowly opened with minor blurry vision that soon cleared to see Rarity and the rest of her friends.

“R-Rarity?” Rarity looked up from the ground and grew excitement.

“Twilight darling! How are you feeling?!”

“Just a little sore but I’ll be fine. How’s the war going? Where is Trixie?”

“We officially won an’ Trixie is gone sugarcube, Rarity here took care of her for ya.”

“Yes, she was very b-brave.” Fluttershy squeaked and everypony else nodded. Rarity blushed from the compliments of her friends.

“Wow Rarity, really?”

“Well I just couldn’t let a boasting bully like her get away with whatever she wished.” Twilight chuckled.

“That’s amazing Rarity, thank you.”

“Well it was nothing dear, as I said-” Rarity was nudged by Rainbow and Pinkie gave her a wink.

“Well sugarcube we’ll let you get some rest as RD here offered to help with the farm for a bit.”

“I did?” The farm pony nudged her and gave a look. “I mean, yea. I did.” The two started to walk away before Pinkie shouted,

“Oh Fluttershy! Can you help me throw a party for our victory?!” Fluttershy gave out an adorable giggle with a smile,

“Of course Pinkie.” As the pink and yellow ponies walked out Pinkie was listing various party components such as cakes, streamers and balloons which Fluttershy only giggled at.

“We have such wild friends” giggled Twilight.

“Oh yes you don’t know the half of it.” Rarity thought back to the AppleDash make-out session.

“But I suppose it keeps life interesting.”

“Indeed.” Rarity looked down at Twilight’s sheets, dazing out with a sad disappointed look on her face. She couldn’t convince herself that she could be brave enough to express her feelings to Twilight. Even after her friends left the room to give her a chance.

“Rarity? Is something wrong?” Rarity snapped out of her trance and looked up at Twilight’s concerned face,

“Huh? Oh I’m sorry darling I’m just in deep thought.”

“Are you ok Rarity?”

“Well yes, I mean no; nothing at all.” Rarity said quickly as she put on a fake grin with sweat on the back of her head.

“Rarity you saved me from my arch-enemy. The least I could do is offer you my ear. I won’t tell anypony if that is what worries you.”

“Oh darling, you can be very generous at times and very courageous. You don’t allow any harm to come to those you care about. Why, I can already imagine you putting your life on the line for Princess Celestia to protect her. Your heart is big and pure and the thing I want to tell you is that I…I...” Rarity began some tears. “I love you Twilight. However, I realize that in comparison to all that you know, to all your foes and to all your teachers, I am nothing.” Tears streamed down the unicorns face and she held her hooves on her eyes to hide her shame. “I’m so pathetic.”
Twilight couldn’t believe what just happen. She felt pride and honor from the compliments, embarrassment from her obsessions with Celestia and learning and sorrow for her friend thinking less of herself. Twilight was consumed in so much emotion that she was speechless as she remained in deep thought. Rarity on the other hand felt too embarrassed and foolish to stay so she hoped off the bed and trotted away with her eyes closed and head down in shame. “I should let you get rest and I understand if you’re too embarrassed to ever speak to me again. I’m *sniffle* sorry.” As Rarity walked away Twilight snapped out of it and finally noticed the bed was empty and her friend was leaving. Her horn glowed and suddenly she disappeared only to reappear in front of Rarity, kissing her. Rarity was in shock but melted in the passionate moment. When the lips separated Twilight was the first to speak,

“I would never want you to go, after you showing such bravery to defend me. And more importantly you are not pathetic when you are in love. You are a very smart and beautiful mare Rarity, I could only be lucky to be with you.” Rarity’s eyes watered again only this time with joy. She hugged Twilight with a great smile on her face.

“Thank you Twilight, it means a lot.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deep within the Everfree Forest yelled a well-known unicorn,
“Dam that Twilight Sparkle and dam her friends and dam the Princesses and dam them all! Everything was so unorganized! We should have all attacked Celestia first, then Luna and that Cadence and finally that Twilight Sparkle! No matter, we can bring back Discord once again, can’t we Zecora?” Zecora was strapped in the same table but with an eye patch over one eye and tape over her mouth. She shook her head to the question and struggled to break free but it was no use. “After all Zecora, you still have one more eye. HAHAHAHAHA!!!”

---------------------------------------END…?---------------------------------------------

Comments ( 6 )

Such a shame this has more dislikes than likes. I know it wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed reading it (and it has my OT3 :pinkiehappy:)

2082232

Thanks and yea this was my first story so I didn't expect it to take off but I really wish I had gotten critisism so I could improve.:applejackunsure:

2084315 Half of them probably didn't even read it.

2084411 Just trolling I guess?

Wow that was a dark ending. Would definitely be cool to see how their schemes ultimately fail, or not. That's the joy of fanfiction, we get to make up our own endings.

2153370

Heh thanks and I love how your Avatar kind of goes with the comment lol.

Login or register to comment