• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 420 Views, 6 Comments

The Dark Coming - LordLogan



A story of romance, fighting and most of all....the classic war of good vs evil.

  • ...
4
 6
 420

Part 11

Rainbow was surprised that Gilda had returned. The memories of her childhood friend brought her joy but then she remembered how her attitude had turned when she met Pinkie, Fluttershy and her other pony friends.

"Gil-Gilda?! What're you doing here?"

"Oh you know Dash, just seeing the sights, and glad I did. Look at all that rad fighting and rage."

"Gilda you have to help us! Discord and Chrysalis are going to destroy Equestria! Help me find Applejack!" Rainbow darted down towards the water but Gilda darted down and clawed her across the face. "Ahh! What are you doing!?"

"No Dash, I'm here to stop you."

"Wha…What? Gilda this is NOT cool! Why are you being such a jerk!?"

"Well Dash, Discord has offered me something cool. Something greater than your lame friends."

"And what is that Gilda?" Rainbow's anger grew towards her old friend.

"A chance to get rid of your lame friends and maybe then you'll come back to your old self. Just think of all the rad races we could have."

"Gilda, I loved you as a friend a long time ago but this is absolutely insane! I would never betray my real friends."

"I was your real friend Dash! I knew you longer than any of them!"

"You know Gilda, having only one friend and then pushing the rest of the world away…." Dash paused and started to smirk for what she was about to say, "…is lame." The griffin cawed with raged and darted towards Dash clashing into her and pushing the pegasus towards the ground.

"I'll fucking kill you Dash! You hear me!? No one calls me lame and no one abandons me!" Dash was surprised to hear the word 'abandon' and started thinking back to all the fun times with Gilda. Images of flight school, hanging out, sneaking around alcohol and getting drunk together and of course, their extreme races, soared through Dash's mind as they plummeted until they finally hit the ground when she snapped out of it. Gilda punched Rainbow in the stomach and chest a few times before Rainbow punched Gilda off and then spun around quick to buck her in the stomach. As Gilda fell back Dash stood up on her back hooves with her fore-hooves at her sides and an angry expression on
her face,

"No Gilda. I don't think you will and it was not I who abandoned you. It was you who has forsaken yourself!" Dash pounced at the griffin and returned the punches. "You used to be my friend but that means nothing if you plan on murdering my real friends."

---

"Hast thou had enough deceitful one!" The Goddess of the Night shouted towards her changeling enemy as bolts of dark magic were shot from the alicorn's horn. Chrysalis dodged some and returned fire, shooting bolts of green magic,

"Now, now Princess we finally get a chance to collide and you already want it to be over? I mean last time I was able to defeat your sister and you weren't around to do anything. I suppose however it doesn't mean much seeing as your sister being far more powerful than you." Luna's temper flared at that last insult for she had a little bit of a feeling of always being a step behind Princess Celestia,

"Nay, Changeling Queen, we are of greater threat than thou comprehend. Thine sister may not have beaten you but we surely will!" Luna charged raw black magic at the tip of her horn. The ball had purple spikes flowing out of it until they would reach a point to draw back into the ball and reappear someplace else on the surface. The ball grew bigger and bigger until it was about the size of Luna's head. "Take this vial black Queen!" Luna shot the ball which flew about 90 MPH towards the Queen, hitting her dead on. The collision caused a great explosion the size of Twilight's entire tree. After the dark light faded the area was engulfed in heavy dust that slowly settled to reveal Queen Chrysalis barely standing with dust and dirt all over her. She struggled to look towards her opponent, trying to act like the attack had no effect.

"Is that all you have Luna? Cause I'm not done yet!" Chrysalis flew up vertically above Luna and then plummeted towards the Moon Goddess, ramming her shoulder into her chest. Luna plummeted hitting the ground. Chrysalis shot off a green missile into the air which burst into what looked like a green firework. Luna chuckled thinking,

'What? Is she attempting to perform a show for us?' The ends of the 'firework' suddenly changed shape into blade like constructs such as swords and knives which proceeded to come down towards their target, Luna. They pierced the ground in a rapid fire fashion with one piercing Luna's right fore-hoof, another her left wing, another her left hind leg and another her tail which couldn't cause harm. The strikes on her legs and wing caused her to shout as sudden pain replaced her chuckling.

"You forget, Princess, first impressions can be deceiving." The construct blades started to fade into nothingness, leaving Luna's wounds behind. Luna tried to ignore the pain and tried to use this chance to exact revenge on her enemy, who now was flying very high in the sky. Dark clouds gathered behind Queen Chrysalis which bolted her without any expectation. The Queen flew back away from the clouds after the blow as to try to void another hit. However Princess Luna took another chance to fly up and pierce her enemy in the back with her horn. Blood dripped down Luna's horn as Chrysalis coughed up blood. Luna quickly shot her off with a magic blast from the inside and Chrysalis fell to the ground. Luna looked down at her opponent and coughed blood of her own,

"You forget too, Queen, that a Goddess will always protect the people that love her and let no harm come to them."

---

Applejack was fighting to keep her breath although, moving through the water was no trouble for a strong earth pony like herself. She headed towards the edge of the moat and trudged up the mud hill. She was somewhat expecting crocodiles from stories she had been told of old castles from Granny Smith as a young filly. She was glad to find that there had been none or she'd have quite a problem. Making her way out of the ditch she could see more fighting in the distance as the two armies collided. Blood was flung into the red sky, screams of pain could be heard and death could be smelled in the breeze. The orange pony remembered how she must find Twilight and the others to fight Chrysalis but wasn't sure where they could be. She headed towards the armies thinking that they may be caught in the collision. As she trotted she couldn't help but worry if her friends were alright; especially Pinkie and Fluttershy as they know nothing of fighting. In Applejack's travels she was stopped by the one she only heard about from Pinkie, Fluttershy and Rarity. He stood tall on two blue legs with a black tie and horns as big as a pony's body. Applejack was confused as she was not sure what intentions could someone like he, have at a battle like this.

"Uh, can Ah help you mister…"

"Iron Will is here to stop you ponies so Iron Will can collect what the blue pony owes him."

"Blue pony? What blue pony?"

"Iron Will believes she spoke as Iron Will, claiming her name to be Trixie."

"You're helping her for…what…money?"

"That is correct! She is paying Iron Will more than any of Iron Will's previous workshops. I'm not sure where she expects to get all of what she owes Iron Will though."

"Look you, Ah need to help my friends so you need to get outta mah way." Applejack tried to run around him but was grabbed by the tail and thrown back to where she started.

"When somepony tries to run, they will surely be done!" Iron Will charged at his enemy with Applejack having barely anytime to dodge. The blue minotaur caught himself and charged again as the orange pony stood up. She was hit on her right side by Iron's horns as they scratched her some and sent her flying. Luckily for AJ, she wasn't just a tough pony but a tough earth pony who can take a few hits. With some struggling, Applejack stood up as Iron Will charged again, "This here is too easy. My workshops are much more trouble than you!" As Iron Will was about to smash into her, Applejack bucked Iron Will straight in the face sending him back a few feet as she yelled,

"Enough of that!" Once the minotaur was on the ground he looked up at her stunned. "Maybe if y'all had a real job like apple bucking you'd be able to stand up."

"Make me lose and I blow my fuse!" Iron Will quickly got up and charged her on all fours this time, hitting her directly once again. Applejack had to come past all her pride to admit that she was in pain,

'Ouch. Ah can't take much more of this and more importantly Ah gotta get to mah friends. As much as Ah hate to run from a fight, Ah might have to make a run for it.' AJ struggled to get up while suddenly noticing Iron Will about to hit her again. She closed her eyes expecting the worse but suddenly heard a shout,

"NOPE!" She opened her eyes to see her brother, Big Mackintosh, bucking Iron Will's face away. "Ah don't know who you are but no one will ever hurt anypony of the Apple Family."

"BIG MACKINTOSH, boy am Ah glad to see you!"

"What is going on here sis?"

"Well Ah have to get to mah friends to fight Chrysalis so Princess Luna can join her sister's battle, but this bully here showed up."

"Run now sister, Ah'll handle this rotten apple."

"Will you be alright?"

"No worries Applejack, Ah'll be done with him before y'all know it." Applejack smiled towards her brother,

"Thank y'all." And she trotted off into the battlefield causing Iron Will to charge at her but being stopped from another blow by Big Mac; this time to the minotaur's side. AJ didn't even need to look back as she knew that her brother would never fail her. Big Mac's temper grew a bit from being ignored,

"Now your fight is with me, ya hear?!"