• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 3,132 Views, 69 Comments

Two Strings Attached - Onyxfire408



You are a pony working for the apple family, you stay with them at Sweet Apple Acres with AJ, BM, and AB, on their family reunion you find the mare of your dreams.

  • ...
12
 69
 3,132

Chapter 3

Two Strings Attached

Chapter 3

You follow Fiddlesticks into the barn with a small smirk on her face. What could she be planning? The two of you walk up to the barn, she places a hand on the door and opens it. She grabs your hand and pulls you into the barn, inside you find that Applejack, Big Mac, and a few other older ponies were drinking small amounts of what looked like glowing blood, from one barrel of Cider that was labeled, Bloody Mare.

Fiddlesticks drags you to the barrel of cider, around you, you find several other ponies that looked dead, only with 2 shots of that stuff, what the hay is in there, poison? You get up close to the barrel, next to it you find Big Mac, and Applejack serving that stuff with mischievous looks on their face. "Um, what is this?" You said pointing at the Bloody Mare.

Applejack was the first to answer. "Wah this is the Bloody Mare. This is the most intoxicating cider we've ever made, more intoxicating than zap apple cider. We only serve this on special occasions, and on top of that, only the average pony can survive 2 shots without passing out, we wanna see since your new family and all, we wanna see how many shots you can survive." AJ explained

Fiddlesticks gives a nod towards Big Mac as he pulled out three empty shot glasses. He turned the barrel's valve and poured glowing red cider into all three glasses. He hands you one. You take a sniff, man it smells stronger than Applejack's whiskey. "What's it made of?" you ask.

"Every single kind of apple, red delicious, red galas, zap apples, granny smiths, all of the apples you can think of into one brew. Nah if were you, Ah'd take it."

You gulp and grab one glass. "Well....Bottom's up." Without hesitation, you quickly gulped down the Bloody Mare, you instantly feel a shock towards your whole body, you always feel buzzed. "Woh, hang on.....just....wow. It's tasty but....there's no words to explain how that much can already make you feel buzzed." The two mares giggled at your reaction while Big Mac had a smug on his face.

"Round two." announced Big Mac as he handed you the second glass of Bloody Mare. You slowly take it from Big Mac's hand and you gulp it down, and after a few seconds, everything becomes black. You try to resist it, but give in and fall on the floor. Inside your brain is telling you to give up, but now your heart is saying one more time. You slowly open your eyes, all three cowponies are shocked that you still stand awake. You stand up, but slump over a few times, eventually you finally straighten up, you swipe the glass and without hesitation immediately gulp it down. You feel like you're going to die, everything fades to black and you immediately fall to the floor out cold, the other ponies clapped at your performance. AJ had a small smirk on her face.

"Now's my chance" AJ said.

The next morning

You slowly open your eyes to find yourself in a pile of hay, you look around to find several ponies out cold, almost like they're dead. You slowly get up and stretch your arms out, my god how tired you are. You look to the hay bed you slept on and there you find AJ happily sleeping like a foal, she was smiling, that doesn't look like a good sign. Suddenly you hear the sounds of an angel messing with the strings of an oasis.

You walk out of the barn and find nopony but Fiddlesticks' sitting on a cider barrel, in front of a fire with a kettle boiling over it, she was playing her fiddle, but something seemed different about it. You walk closer but hidden from her eyes as she was in her zone, you notice what looked like a scratch on Fiddlesticks' fiddle, but your vision was so foggy you couldn't help but see a blur. Fiddlesticks' symphony was amazing, her strokes her gentle but swift, and her butter colored body was amazing.

As she finished, he come out of hiding and approach her. She quickly turned around to find you standing there with a smile on your face, you couldn't be sure but you could have sworn you saw a blush on her face. You wave your hand in greet but you wobble around with a hangover. Fiddlesticks giggles at your sloppiness and walks over to assist you, she carries your arm over your shoulder and places you down against the barrel in front of the fire.

"I'm very surprised at you Strum."

"Heh, well I guess I am in me, I've always....ugh" You pause as your stomach begins to bark a little. "...Sorry about that, anyways I'm surprised I haven't barfed ye.....URP!" You shut your mouth tight, Fiddlesticks giggles at your illness.

"Bucket?" You quickly nod as she hands you a bucket, you plant your face into the bucket and let out a hose full of decay and foul liquid breath. Fiddlesticks burst into a wave of laughter as she looks as your embarrassed, you've never felt so embarrassed in your entire life. You finish you ugh...performance and you push away the bucket of puke. You felt some chill come down your back and lean in closer to the fire for warmth. You stare at the kettle over the fire, what's in there?

"Hey Fiddlesticks what's in the kettle?"

"Just some coffee, want some? I figured you needed some due to that hangover you have, and that-" She pauses and gives a soft giggle. "performance."

"Sure I'd like some coffee, and what happened just now, is between you and me. By the way, what time is it?"

"It's about five in the morning, on family reunions we have brunch at about 9 am."

"Okay, and remember about what just happened." you remind

"What just happened?" She joked

"Good job." you compliment

Fiddlesticks giggled as she took out two mugs and poured fresh brewed coffee in both and handed you one. You take the mug but your hand rapidly shook, as you are shaking, you slowly drink the coffee, boosted with energy and caffeine, you feel more calm and less shaky. Fiddlesticks scooches over next to you and rests her head on your shoulder, you feel your heart skip a beat.

"Uhh Fiddlesticks, what are you doing?"

"Trying to woo you."

"Wait what?" What is she doing?

"Let me be honest with you, I like you, your cute, funny, and you play a string instrument. That's mighty great, and I think I'm in love with you."

"Well uh...I like you too." you said. Fiddlesticks leaned in closer to your face, she puckered up her lips. You liked her, but you wanted to be polite. You put your hand in front of her lips stopping her kiss, she pulls back and raises an eyebrow in confusion. "Look Fiddlesticks, I like you but, let's take things slow, I don't wanna get bucked in the face by hundreds of Apple stallions."

"Okay, but for now, can I snuggle with you."

You shrugged your shoulders. "Why the hay not?" Fiddlesticks places down her fiddle and rests on top of your legs in front of the fire. The two of you, felt peaceful, though still with a hangover, you drift off to sleep with Fiddlesticks on your legs. After several hours of hungover sleep, you woke up to find that the whole Apple family was setting up a massive brunch, they had, apple pie, cake, caramel apples, apple juice, apple cobblers, brown betties, apple sauce, deep fried apples, and the best part, apple fritters. You look around to find that Fiddlesticks had disappeared from your lap, you stand up feeling much better than before and walk around. You wanted to help but didn't know where to start.

"Hey you." You turn around, but you find nothing, you turn your head back and start to walk. "Down here." You turn around again and look down to find a brown filly with a short red mane. "Are you Strum?" she asks curiously

"Why yes, and who are you little filly?"

"My name's Babs Seed, my sister Fiddlesticks is talking all about you, if you're looking for her, she's frying up some fritters. Man she picked a handsome Stallion." she cooed

"Uh... eh heh heh, thanks, but shouldn't you be playing with the other fillies?"

"I was just about too." She blows on her mane and walks away, she finds Applebloom and runs towards her. The two fillies walk and talk together, they're gone. You look away from the two fillies and began the search for Fiddlesticks. You walk over to a tall stand that had plates full of apple fritters. You walk up towards the fritters and gave a big wiff. Man they smelled better than the MMMM cake the Cakes had made. You wanted to take just one, even though it was rude, you just couldn't resist. You reach out your hand towards the plate full of fritter, you were close to home base.

*THWAP*

"OW!" You scream in pain as your hand blisters from being whacked at. You looked over to your left to find Fiddlesticks with a frown on her face and a rolling pin in her hand. "What'd you do that for?" you said as you whimpered in pain as the your hand turned slightly purple.

"You were going to take an apple fritter!"

"But I got hungry." You whine

"Well that doesn't matter, you have to wait like the rest of the family."

"Okay." You give up unwillingly, no choice but to wait. "So, your sister Babs Seed, told me that you might need some help frying some fritters."

"Oh that silly filly always thinks I need help, but with you around of course." She offers a wink and you return the payment by frying fritters. After you and Fiddlesticks fry up all of the apple fritters, you bring them to the food table. Soon everypony sits down at their tables and Applejack gets up with a megaphone in her hand. She help the megaphone up to her mouth with an announcement.

"Attention Apple family, today is the last day of the reunion, now c'mon Apple family, let's celebrate with a brunch, after brunch we will partake in a special event, everypony will enjoy. Now let's chow down." Everypony (Including you) cheered as they grabbed their plates and headed towards the table full of food. You grabbed as much as you could and sat down at a nearby table, Fiddlesticks soon joined you but she had more food than you, man, this mare's got a stomach of a dragon. Fiddlesticks gives you a quick peck on the cheeks, you gave her a smirk and pecked her back. The two of you chowed down on your food like timber wolves. Two cowponies sat at the opposite end of your table, Fiddlesticks stopped eating and froze up at the two ponies.

"Mom, Dad." Fiddlesticks said in a nervous tone

"Hello dear, is something the matter?" asked the Fiddlesticks mom, Red Gala

"Yes honey is something wrong?" asked her dad Stud

*Gulp* "Uhh Mom, Dad, I'd like you to meet my new coltfriend, Strum." The two ponies lean over to you and give an icy glare at you, they looked around you at different directions, and they looked at different qualities of you, like you were being examined. The Father of Fiddlesticks leaned in closer to you, he put out his hand in arm wrestling position.

"Well, show me watchu got boy."

*gulp* You take out your hand and grasp it with Stud's hand. Fiddlesticks' mom got up and placed her hand on top of both your's and Stud's hand.

"Okay boys you know the rules, once I let go you start. Ready?" Stud nods as well as you. "Okay boys, 1, 2, 3, wrestle!" Red Gala lets go of her hand and the two of you use all of your mighty stallion strength to push forwards victory. You both have had close calls, Stud almost won, you almost one, eventually it became a stalemate.

You are nearly reaching your limit, not only you but Stud as well. You, couldn't let your new reputation go to rust, so you pull out whatever adrenaline you have in your body and concentrate it into your harm, and with all your might, you slam Stud's hand flat on the table. His eyes widened at his defeat, you gasp for air as you've never done that before. Fiddlesticks run's towards you and gives you a congratulatory hug. You got up from the table and reach out your hand to the defeated stallion.

"Good game sir."

The stallion gets up from the table and continues with his icy glare. He collides his hand with yours and shakes it with a hearty laugh. "Bwahahahaha, I haven't been beaten in years!" He wraps your head around his arm and announces to the whole family. "Oi This no blood, ain't half bad, he beat me in ahm wrestlin!" The whole family stands from there table and cheers on for your victory. Fiddlesticks runs up to you and gives you a victory kiss on the lips. You widen your eyes at the surprise but you close them and kiss back Fiddlesticks in celebration of a new friendship. Fiddlesticks' parents couldn't do anything but smile at the new couple.

You break the kiss and help Fiddlesticks close. "I love you Fiddlesticks."

"And I love you too Strum."