• Published 4th Feb 2013
  • 3,132 Views, 69 Comments

Two Strings Attached - Onyxfire408



You are a pony working for the apple family, you stay with them at Sweet Apple Acres with AJ, BM, and AB, on their family reunion you find the mare of your dreams.

  • ...
12
 69
 3,132

Chapter 2

Two Strings Attached

Chapter 2

You slowly wake up to the sound of... wait a minute...nothing? Strange enough you wake up to the sound of nothing, it was silent, normally you'd hear apple bucking, screaming, or even a sonic rainboom from the one and only Rainbow Dash, but it was quiet...to quiet. You hear some movement coming from under your sheets next to you. You quickly remove your sheets to find that Applejack, your boss was sleeping next to you. You were complete shock, what the hay did she do? But you were going to react in a calm and pleasant manner.

"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! AJ!?" Yea... so much for calm. Applejack shot her eyes open and was dazed, she looked to you a giggled with a lustful look in her eyes. *Gulp* She crawled over to your face trying to kiss you but you stop her lips with your hand, oh Celestia, please banish me to the moon you thought. "AJ, What the HAY are you doing in my bed!?"

"Wah Ah just like you Sugarcube."

"OUT NOW!!!" You pick up Applejack and tried to push her out of your room, she struggles back as she wanted to stay with you. When you finally got her out of your room, you quickly lock the door and slump to the floor both hands hiding your face. "Ughh. Note to self, lock the door, every time you go to sleep." Noted You quickly got up and take a hot shower, you put on your usual cloths and head out to the barn to have a quick talk with somepony. You walk over to the barn, looking around you find Big Mac taking a nap on a nearby tree, you approach Big Mac and tap him on the shoulder waking him up.

"Big Mac, we needa talk."

"Shoot pardner."

"Well..." You slowly and carefully explain to Big Mac, as well as avoiding a punch or a trip to the hospital. "And so all I'm asking is, can you please talk to her, I've tried reasoning, demanding, and begging, but nothing works, please tell her to stop."

Big Mac had an icy glare on you, your back felt a shrivel down to the waist. "Well I hafta admit, I'm a bit shocked mahself that mah sister would do something like this, but since it wasn't your fault entirely, I'll talk some sense into her."

"Thanks Big Mac" Things still felt quiet, and strange. "Hey Big Mac why is it so quiet?"

"Almost time."

"Almost time for wha-" You were interrupted as the ground started to rumble. Was it an earthquake? You look over to Big Mac who was completely calm and had a small grin on his face. "Big Mac, what's going on?"

"Time for the reunion."

You look over to the road and suddenly about thousands of ponies came galloping over to Sweet Apple Acres, all of them going "Yee haw" and all, god you didn't know what was worse, the yeehawing or the CMC yelling out their name.

"Welp, see you later, I gotta catch up with some family." Big Mac got up from the log and walked over to the whole family of Apples.

You tried to find something to do but you didn't want to bother nopony with catching up, you go into the farm house to grab something to pass the time. You enter your room carefully to avoid AJ, no sign of her, you look around the room and you grab your guitar. You take your guitar and take the strap and place it over your shoulder. You walk outside to see everypony chatting, laughing, and having fun. You didn't want to bother them one bit. You find a nearby log bench that's a few yards away from the crowd, you started to play your song till your fingers turn purple. As you continuously play the verse you were stopped by a the sudden sounds of a violin. You turn your head to find a yellow butter mare with a sapphire blue mane with a knot tied at the end, she was...pretty.

You were the first to speak. "Hey, what's up?"

"Nothin, who are you? I don't recall you here last time I visited Applejack."

"Name's Strum," You stick out your hand to greet her. "Yours?"

"Fiddlesticks," She reaches out your hand and shakes it in welcome. "but you haven't answered my question, who are you really?"

"Well, like I said, my name's Strum, and If your wondering, I'm not really Apple blood. What happened was-"

2 Years Ago

Applejack along with the CMC was walking along the road towards the western orchards.

"Thanks big sis for having my friends come along to help buck some trees." Applebloom gleamed

"No problem Applebloom, always available for some help."

The four ponies walked along the bath until they found something...strange. "Hey Applejack, is that blood?" Scootaloo pointed to a dry dark red spot that looked like a trail towards a nearby apple tree. "I think I see somepony."

"Yea who is that?" asked Sweetiebelle

The three fillies ran over to the strange figure, he had a guitar strapped to his back but was breathing heavily. Applejack soon followed along and examined the pony. He had a a few bruises on his head and blood escaping from his mouth. Applejack quickly ran close to the stallion she knelt down and held up his head, he was bleeding little from his mouth and nose. Applejack froze up to looking at his face. Gosh DARN it he's cute. Applejack thought, but now wasn't the time for that, now's the time for aid. She picked up the stallion and hurried over to the farmhouse, the CMC followed her hoping to have their cutie marks in life saving.

The stallion was in the guest bed, resting his beaten body. The Apple Family (along with the CMC) was outside the room chattering.

"So what should we do with him?" asked Applebloom

"Ah think we should wait till he wakes up." suggested Applejack

"Eeyup" Followed Big Mac.

Applejack came into the guest room, she found the stallion still unconscious on the bed. She sat next to him, she placed her hand on his forehead. "Temperature's normal, not sick but, what happened to you?"

You slowly wake up but still blinded what happened, you open your eyes, you look around to find you are in a bed and room. You look to your right to bind a orange mare with a blonde mane and a brown stetson hat. Your head still ached over what happened last night. "Hey, your awake. Finally, who are you?"

You struggle but you manage to say your name. "S-S-Strum...where am I?" You said in a weak voice.

"Wah your in Sweet Apple Acres, and we found ya bleedin to death near one of mah trees. What happened to you, and why'd you get so banged up?"

"Well, to tell you the truth, I'm homeless, and some stallion beat me up b'cause I couldn't find a job and they were sick of me begging for food and bits."

"Wah if ah find those stallions, I buck em towards Luna's moon."

You chuckled at the mare's gesture. "Heh thanks, but who are you?"

"Name's Applejack, proud owner of Sweet Apple Acres."

"Why are you helping a poor pony like me?"

"Wah nopony should be like this, Noopony. Your welcome to stay as long as you want, your only payment, hard labor."

You nod at the suggestion and Applejack walks out of the room.

1 Year Later

You have been working for Applejack your new boss to have a roof to sleep under and food to be filled. You were bucking some apple trees and loading the cart. AJ walked up to you with what looked like that she had something hidden behind her back. You raise an eyebrow wondering what AJ was hiding.

"Wha hi they Sugarcutie." Please stop with the nicknames PLEASE!!! "I got something for you." She pulls out what looked to be two shining tickets, they shun and glimmered like they were made with gold. You take the tickets and read them, no surprise you reaction was predicted to Applejack.

"TWO TICKETS TO THE GRAND GALLOPING GALA!?!? HOW'D YOU GET THESE!?!?"

"Well, mah friend is a real good friend of Princess Celestia, I was wonderin since I have two tickets, wanna go on a date with me?"

*Gulp* It was either be tortured for the entire night at Canterlot, or go to the biggest event in all of Equestria. You had a tough choice. "let me think about it AJ, when is the gala?"

"It's in 3 days."

"Hmmmm." You walk away with a disease plaguing your mind. "I guess I can go... eh buck it, I'll go, see what the Gala's all about."

---------------

You and AJ come back from the gala, problem is your running away from AJ who tried to kiss you at the gala, thank Celestia Pinkie Pie had caused a distraction making your escape. You quickly run to your room and lock the door blocking AJ's path. "Ah'll getcha one day." she giggles as she walks away. "Ah'll getcha." There was silence, she was gone. You gave out a heavy sigh take off your fancy smanshy clothes and slump on the bed, you think about what's going to happen tomorrow, if your going to survive AJ's lust.

The Present

"And after a few more months, Applejack thought it be a great idea for me to become family, so I gracefully accepted and yea, here I am." you conclude.

"Interesting, why don't you enjoy yourself with your cousin in laws?"

"Eh.... I don't really want to be a bother, plus I just like to play with old Clef here."

"Clef? You mean that guitar of yours?" She pointed at your oak wooden guitar, on the body of the guitar was carved a name Clef.

"Yea, it's name is Clef, why? Don't you have a name for your fiddle?"

"No, not really."

"Well maybe you can give it a name, how long has it been with you?"

"Well, pretty much all my life."

"Well, maybe you can think of a name, a special name for your instrument."

"Why should I?"

"Well, think of it this way, that fiddle has been with you all your life. An instrument is like a best friend, something that means something to your life, for example Clef has been with me all my life, like a friend."

"Hmmm, that is very true, I can think of a name later."

"It's alright, anyways I got a quick question for ya." Fiddlesticks raised an eyebrow. "Out of all the cousins here, who's your favorite?"

"Oh that's easy, It's Big Mac." Fiddlesticks stared down at your guitar. "So you good?"

"Yea, I'm alright. Wanna jam?"

"Wah sure, I've been looking for somepony to have a duet with."

"I've notice that you don't use your family accent that much."

"Yes, that's true, I have always tried to talk like the famous Octavia with her cello."

"Well, chase that dream. But anyways, I'll play a song and you follow up. Sound good?"

You play the song that you called "Time of your life." Fiddlesticks added some fiddle to the song, the two of you were flawless, soon everpony, and you mean everypony, started to circle around the two of you, hoof started tapping, rhythm was created, and the song, well that was the problem, you forgot about it it's been a while....wait....'while', you got it.

1:10- "For what it's worth, It was worth all the while.

It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right,

I hope you had the time of your life."

As you end off the song, everypony gives a round of applause and most throw their hat's in the air. "That was appmazing." One pony horribly punned. "Let's celebrate with some cider!" Another pony suggested. Everypony cheered at the cider suggestion and ran towards the barrels full of cider. After hours and hours and HOURS, of drinking, laughing, and chatting, everypony had a great time. Some of the Apple family wanted to meet you and welcome you to the family, you shared your story, while leaving out the Applejack parts, and they gladly consider you an Apple. You finally had a family you're willing to have. You continue to play "Time of your life" as young fillies and colts circle around you in awe, but was interrupted when you felt a tap on your shoulder. You stop strumming and turn around to find Fiddlesticks with a mug full of cider in her hand, she gestures her hand to follow her into the barn.

You strap on Clef, and follow Fiddlesticks into the barn, what could she be planning?

Author's Note:

Time of Your Life(Good Riddance) belongs to Green Day.
Video/ lyric video belongs to aad0dl on youtube.