• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 2,719 Views, 164 Comments

Grounds for the Dead: A L4D2 Story - SCP Pinkamena



When the life you know was blown away, how will you cope waking in another?

  • ...
6
 164
 2,719

Myths Of The Dead (Or Stories Of Infected That Didn't Make The Cut)

Grounds For The Dead: Chapter Thirteen

Twilight Sparkle.

Proud student of Princess Celestia, wielder of the Element of Magic, and probably the strongest unicorn in the world (Magic wise). To say this to her, she would probably beam with pride. But now? Well, if you were to say those things to her now she wouldn't hear what you said at all. The reason for this? Her precious library had been destroyed again...

...by the same pony.

She stared at the remains of her north-most wall seeing the whats left of the door swing idly from side to side. Why the library? she would ask herself when some thing bad happens. But now she was caught asking a new question:

"Why me?"

__________________

"Ooooh my gosh! I'm so, so sorry! I-I didn't mean to knock him out with my stare! Ooooh~ What am I going to do when he wakes up? Will he be mad at me? Or worse? What if he's-" Fluttershy's worrying rant was cut off by Hunter, who promptly shove a hoof in her mouth.

He sighed a breath before turning to her. "Look, what you did was good. If he were to keep rampaging around town what would happen?" He asked her but didn't wait for a response. "He would have, possibly... hurt someone really badly, Okay? So, you did a good job stopping him for us," He said as he motioned toward the others pushing Tank back to the (what was once a) library.

He removed his hoof from her mouth where she sat their, wonder what would've happened if she did not intervene. The very thought made her shiver to her core. She looked up at Hunter's wings that where slightly matted, but not enough for the inability of flight. He looked over at her one last time and leaped his way to the others who were still pushing him. Fluttershy stifled a gasp when she saw underneath the hood of Hunter.

What she saw shocked her to her very soul. Hunter's eyes were... gone.

Nothing were in the hollow holes inside of his head. She wondered how a pony could live like that, with no eyes, no sense of direction. He could still see her fine though, so how could he know where everything with no eyes? Echolocation? No, he's not clicking or anything. Just peer luck? If that's the case he would find the lost city of Marelantis first. Maybe... vibration in the ground? That seems like a reasonable thing. Moles do it all the time, when the feel something close to them move they start to dig in that direction, hoping to be food and not the other way.

But as the started to push/roll Tank away, she began to wonder to herself:

'How could those ponies live like that, with scars and... oh my...'

______________

As they pushed Tanked into the... giant, gaping maw of the library, Hunter started to chuckle a little.

Smoker looked over to him. "What's so funny? I haven't heard a laugh come from you since we found Jockey," He said remembering how on Earth, when he and Jockey (and just about every infected Common or not) had the same ideal.

"I-I remember the Infected myths... you- hehehe... you remember 'The Screamer' right?" He said in a fit of giggles and snorts. Needless to say, Smoker found himself about that tale. The Screamer was supposedly a Special that would scream so loud not only would it blind the survivor's eyes, but also call a horde. The very thought was ridiculous. "Or Meat Wall?" The 'Meat Wall' was an infected that had a SERIOUS bloating problem. His job was like Tank's, but in a matter of defense, and when he died he fell on the nearest survivor and crushed him. Again he started to snicker because the thought of an Infected becoming as big as a small house was, once again, ridiculous.

"God Hunter... those were some pretty good stories -slash- myths huh?" He laughed. "Oh, oh, wait, remember the 'First' Charger?" With that said, Hunter began laughing as he clutched his sides in amusement. Charger, who had heard the story before, started to snicker a little to, because of the fact that he possibly looked that? It was to funny NOT to laugh at... even if it was thought of to look like him.

When they finally made it back to the library, they saw Twilight sitting their with a blank expression. She didn't move, she didn't speak, and from the looks of it she didn't breath. Witch looked at her with a concerning smile and slowly unfurled one of her six appendages and very quickly poked her rump. Twilight yelped at the pain burning in her behind, but she quickly shook that off and began looking at the damaged library again.

Two weeks...

That's how long it took her to clean after the Spike incident. Now all that time just... gone. A silent sob went through her mind as the other infected (even though Jockey was STILL with Pinkie and Tank was out of commission) stood there, watching her look at her library.

"That's what happens when we get... riled up..." Charger said putting his giant arm around her to comfort her. "That's what the 'Green Flu' does. Makes you go mad, and then makes you go after and kill anything not you. It's a sad tale, aye, but never the less, we didn't look at the bad things," Charger explained. He told her things like how Spitter's bio-luminescence made it easier for them to see in dark places. Tank's strength destroyed any and all blockades in their path, and Smoker always got them out of tough and close calls.

While showing Twilight the 'good' things of being infected, Jockey had slowly slid his way past the hole in the wall and joined the group. With his smile somewhat smaller, he still giggled softly in hopes that he wouldn't be heard. "What took you so long Jockey?" Aaaaaand there goes stealth.

Jockey sighed and started walking towards them; all aware of his presence. he giggled at seeing Tank all knocked ou-

Wait...

Tank knocked unconscious? When did that happen? He shook it off because he knew if he asked to many questions, Charger would beat him for it.

....It'll be worth it!

Author's Note:

Also, look at the Being Human chapters again, there's a surprise at the end of each one now.


Charger Alpha: (JESUS CHRIST THAT'S A BIG PICTURE)

Meat Wall:

Screamer: