• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 2,523 Views, 34 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 12: A Dalek in Celestia's Court - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and his companions return to 1002 and arrive in the middle of Canterlot. Meanwhile, a Dalek appears and names Princess Luna as its next target.

  • ...
5
 34
 2,523

The Doctor Interrogates a Dalek

Chapter 3: The Doctor Interrogates a Dalek

Canterlot Castle Dungeons, Underneath Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor slowly limped down the stairs that led to the dungeon. Derpy walked next to him and Monty walked behind him. It was a spiral staircase, which made it no easier for the slightly walking-impaired Doctor.

"Confound these steps!" the Doctor snapped. "Why did Celestia have to make this staircase descend in a spiral?!"

"Maybe she likes spiral staircases," Monty guessed.

"Well bah to her assumed fascination with spiral staircases!"

"Doctor, I think the Dalek's stun ray has made you a bit loopy," said Derpy.

"What?! Nah! I'm perfectly fine! I am a bit hungry though. I could eat anything right now...well, except for pears. Anything but pears!"

"Fine. We'll get some lunch after everything is sorted out."

"Thank you, Derpy."

They eventually reached the bottom of the staircase. The Dalek's screams echoed from down the dank hallway before them.

"Charming place," said Monty.

"Well it is a dungeon for heavens sakes!" stated the Doctor.

"I was able to work that much out for myself, thank you very much. Are you sure you're okay, Doctor?"

"No, I'm not okay! A Dalek has appeared and has tried to kill Princess Luna, I've been stunned and am currently quite famished, and I keep running into ponies that know me before I know them! If it were Christmastime I would have to say a catchphrase from my old friend Ebenezer Scrooge!"

"Who's Ebenezer Scrooge?"

"And what's Christmastime?" Derpy asked.

"Oh bother! Let's just find the Dalek already!" the Doctor snapped.

"I guess he gets loopy when he gets stunned," Derpy whispered to Monty.

"He must have grown out of it because that never happened when Opal and I traveled with him," Monty whispered back.

It didn't take them that long to find the Dalek. It was still trapped in its magical cage which had now been placed inside one of the dungeon cells.

"Hello, Dalek," said the Doctor as he approached the cell door.

"RELEASE ME! I MUST COMPLETE THE TASK! I MUST EXTERMINATE PRINCESS LUNA! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" the Dalek yelled.

"But why? Why Princess Luna?"

"RELEASE ME AT ONCE! MUST EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

"They really like the word exterminate," Derpy whispered to Monty. Monty nodded as he let out a great sigh.

"You have no idea!" he stated.

"I want answers, Dalek. Why didn't you kill me? Every Dalek in existence hates and fears me with a passion. Why not shoot to kill?"

"YOU WERE INTRUDING IN MY TASK! I SIMPLY PUSHED YOU OUT OF THE WAY! I NEED TO COMPLETE THE TASK! I NEED TO EXTERMINATE PRINCESS LUNA OF EQUESTRIA!" the Dalek shouted.

"A Dalek who puts killing somepony else over trying to kill the Doctor? That's not Dalek-like."

"IT IS VERY DALEK-LIKE!"

"No it isn't. I've faced off against the Daleks countless times ever since I first encountered your race back when I used to travel with Susan and her teachers. I know your race. Your race is built upon nothing but evil, purification, and the extermination of other species. I've been a thorn in your side for a long time. It would be any Dalek's dream to be the one to rid the universe of the Doctor. You had your chance to kill me. You had your chance to become a hero among your people. And yet, you put the task of killing a blue alicorn from Equestria over taking the chance to kill the greatest enemy the Dalek race has ever known. Now all I can ask is, 'Why?' I can obviously see that you're not like other Daleks."

"I AM THE SAME AS MY BRETHREN! I HAVE BEEN GIVEN THIS TASK FOR A REASON! I WAS THE BEST THAT THE DALEK FORCES COULD OFFER!"

"But what reason were you given this task?! Why are the Daleks so interested in the death of an alicorn from another universe? I can only guess that Luna has never even come across your race before today."

"IT WAS THE TASK I WAS GIVEN! SHE IS THE LAST ONE STANDING IN BETWEEN US AND THE DAWN OF A NEW EMPIRE!"

"Ah! Now we're getting somewhere! Now what exactly is this great, new empire of yours?"

"YOU SHOULD KNOW, DOCTOR!"

"If I did know I wouldn't be interrogating you right now."

The Dalek began to stutter slightly and sparks shot off its armor.

"I DO NOT UNDERSTAND! YOU SHOULD KNOW! YOU SHOULD KNOW!"

"But I don't understand!"

"I...YOU...DON'T...LUNA...YOUR...IT...WAS...YOU!"

"Pardon?"

"IT WAS YOU!"

"What are you talking about?"

"IT WAS YOU, DOCTOR, WHO EMPLOYED ME!"

"What?!"

"I REMEMBER CLEARLY NOW! YES! IT WAS YOU, DOCTOR! YOU WERE THE ONE WHO GAVE ME THE TASK TO EXTERMINATE PRINCESS LUNA OF EQUESTRIA!"

Canterlot Castle Throne Room, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

"And that's basically what happened, your majesty," Twilight finished. Luna let out a great sigh and nodded her head.

"I see. Everything makes sense now," she said as she approached the group of ponies. "Come. I think it would be best if we went to check up on my sister."

"I think Trixie and Spike already went ahead," said Rainbow Dash as she looked around for any sign of the magician and the purple dragon.

Canterlot Castle Hospital Ward, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

"And that's the gist of things!" Pinkie Pie finished. Celestia nodded.

"I see...it all makes perfect sense now," Celestia stated. "I guess Luna didn't have much time to consider any other options at the moment rather than protecting the others."

"Princess? Is something wrong?" Fluttershy asked.

"I haven't been a very good sister recently."

"Hello!" chirped a familiar voice. Spike and Trixie entered the hospital ward. Spike smiled as he said, "We were just coming to check up on you and the Doctor, your majesty."

"I'm doing better. Thank you, Spike. But I'm afraid that the Doctor is not here at the moment."

"He's not?! Well where has he run off to?" Trixie asked.

"He went down to the dungeons to speak with the Dalek. Derpy and some stallion named Montague are with him," Pinkie replied.

"Montague? Never heard of him. Does he know the Doctor?" Spike asked.

"It seems like he does," said Fluttershy.

"That stupid time traveling stallion! Running off before anypony could check up on him, and while under the effect of paralysis! I'm going to give him a piece of my mind!" Trixie snapped. She then turned around and strolled out of the hospital ward.

"Should we bring her back?" Spike asked.

"Let her go. She'll have her say and then she'll calm down," Celestia chuckled.

"At least it's only Trixie who's somewhat ticked off at him. Things could have been worse," Spike stated.

"How so?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Twilight could have been ticked off at him for something."

Pinkie and Fluttershy nodded in agreement.

Canterlot Castle Dungeons, Underneath Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor, Derpy, and Monty were speechless. What the Dalek was saying made absolutely no sense.

"You're insane! Even by Dalek standards! Why would I order you to kill Princess Luna?! Hell, why would I even work with you in the first place?!" the Doctor snapped.

"BUT IT WAS YOU! I REMEMBER! I HAVE THE PROOF!" the Dalek stated. The Doctor heard the sound of a button click and then a voice began emanating from the Dalek's speaker. It was his voice.

"I want you to kill Princess Luna. She's been a thorn in my side, as well as yours, for long enough. The time has come for this all to end. Kill her and don't let anypony stand in your way," said the Doctor's voice. The recording ended. It was definitely the Doctor's voice, but something had been different about it. It had sounded darker, gloomier, sadistic, and...somewhat empty. It was as if the Doctor in the recording had experienced more sorrow and agony than that of the present Doctor. None of this made any sense.

"That sounded an awful lot like your voice, Doctor," said Derpy.

"But why would I order a Dalek to kill Luna? Why? That seems completely out of character of myself!" the Doctor stated. The Doctor looked at Monty. He looked a bit uneasy, as if he were hiding something. "Monty, do you have any ideas?"

"Me? No! I'm just as stumped as you!" Monty choked.

"Are you sure? You look like you have something to tell me."

"I...I don't."

"I wouldn't lie to the Doctor if I were you," stated Derpy as she glared at Monty. Monty backed up. The pressure was too much.

"I can't say! I made a promise!"

"To who? And about what?" the Doctor asked.

"I made a promise to Opal...and to you, Doctor." The Doctor fell silent. Monty ran past Derpy. "I'll meet you upstairs!"

Suddenly, he bumped into somepony.

"Ow! Watch where you're going!" snapped Trixie the unicorn. She suddenly realized who she had bumped into. "Wait a minute. You're that clown that told us about the portable cage!"

Monty took a closer look at Trixie.

"Aren't you that unicorn who almost got a town destroyed by an Ursa Minor?" he asked. Trixie rolled her eyes and pushed him aside. She began walking towards the Doctor.

"Uh oh. It looks like somepony's not really happy with you," said Derpy.

"What the hell are you doing down here?!" Trixie snapped at the Doctor.

"Interrogating a Dalek. What are you doing down here?" the Doctor replied.

"To give you a piece of my mind!"

"Can it wait? I'm a bit busy here." The Doctor yelped as a hoof came out of nowhere and swiped across his face. "Oi! What was that for?!"

"For being a smartass! I should give you another slap for coming down here while you're still injured!"

"What are you? My mum?"

"Ugh!"

"I think this Dalek is making everypony loopy," Derpy whispered to Monty.

"Obviously," Monty replied. He turned around towards the doorway leading to the staircase and noticed something odd. "Not these again!"

Derpy turned around to see a dimensional rift situated just a few feet away from them.

"That doesn't look good," she squeaked.

"What doesn't look good?" the Doctor asked, attempting to distract Trixie. The dimensional rift began to stretch and bend. "Oh...this is not good." There was a flash of light and suddenly four Daleks were standing where the rift had been. "Oh...this is not good at all!"

The Daleks pointed their death rays at the four ponies and began advancing on them.

"WHERE IS PRINCESS LUNA! SHE MUST BE EXTERMINATED FOR THE DALEK EMPIRE!" the Daleks stated. "WHERE IS PRINCESS LUNA?! WHERE IS PRINCESS LUNA?!"