• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 2,523 Views, 34 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 12: A Dalek in Celestia's Court - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and his companions return to 1002 and arrive in the middle of Canterlot. Meanwhile, a Dalek appears and names Princess Luna as its next target.

  • ...
5
 34
 2,523

Awkward Encounters

Chapter 2: Awkward Encounters

Outside Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

Celestia's head was ringing. This pain she felt, it was beginning to feel more along the lines of a psychological pain rather than a physical one. Her mind wanted to tell her something. Something was hidden away deep within her subconscious. This creature was the key to her unlocking the source of this pain...but this creature was also after her sister.

"EXTERMINATE!" cried the Dalek as it edged forward.

"Run, my sister!" Celestia groaned. "It is after you!"

"No! I'm not running away!" Luna stated. The Doctor jumped in between the two Princesses and the Dalek.

"Looks like I'll never be able to be rid of you, will I?" he asked as he aimed his Sonic Screwdriver.

"STEP ASIDE, DOCTOR!" the Dalek ordered.

"A Dalek telling me to move rather than threatening to kill me? That's strange."

"STAND ASIDE! MUST EXTERMINATE PRINCESS LUNA! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!"

"But why Princess Luna of all ponies? Why her?"

"YOU SHOULD KNOW, DOCTOR! YOU SHOULD KNOW VERY WELL!"

"But I don't! I don't understand! When did your species become so confusing?!"

"STAND ASIDE, DOCTOR!"

"I'm afraid that I can't do that, Dalek."

Without any warning, the Dalek shot a beam of energy at the Doctor. The Doctor felt a searing pain rush through his body.

"DOCTOR!" cried Twilight and Derpy. The Doctor fell the ground, expecting to feel the sensation of regeneration come over him...but no such feeling occurred. He quickly realized that all the ray had done was temporarily stun his legs.

"I can't walk," he stated as he looked up at the Dalek. "You paralyzed me!"

"ONLY TEMPORARILY! YOU WERE BEING A NUISANCE!" stated the Dalek as it began approaching Luna. "MUST EXTERMINATE PRINCESS LUNA! MUST EXTERMINATE!"

"A Dalek shot me...but not with the intention to kill. Something's not right here."

Luna produced a force field around the Dalek but the metallic beast managed to phase its way through the magical barrier.

"Impossible!" Luna exclaimed.

"USE THE CAGE!" cried a voice from nowhere. The Doctor looked towards the front gate. A white stallion with a red mane and a smiley face cutie mark was standing on the other side. He was dressed up like a clown and was waving his forelegs frantically in the air. "USE THE PORTABLE CAGE!"

"A Dalek didn't try to kill me and now a clown pony is yelling at me about cages," the Doctor sighed. "Is this some sort of drug-induced dream or something?"

Celestia, however, knew what the clown was walking about. She produced the metal canister given to her by Matilda and gave it to Luna.

"What is this?" Luna asked.

"A portable cage," Celestia responded. Another surge of pain rushed through her head and she passed out.

"EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!" cried the Dalek. Luna, with a sense of urgency, grabbed the canister and tossed it at the Dalek. Just before the Dalek fired at her, the canister struck its body and instantly trapped the Dalek in a steel cage surrounded by an odd, magical barrier. The Dalek fired through the cage bars but the magical barrier simply caused the death blast to fade away. "WHAT IS THIS?! WHAT IS THIS?! EXPLAIN! EXPLAIN!"

"I'd never thought I'd say this but I actually agree with the Dalek here," said the Doctor as Twilight and Derpy helped him up. "I would like an explanation to what's going on here."

"I think we all would," said Luna.

Canterlot Castle, Canterlot, Equestria, Gaia, Autumn, 1002 C.E.

The Doctor and Celestia had been taken to the hospital ward in the castle. The caged Dalek was taken down to the dungeons until further notice. The Dalek continued to scream and holler for Luna's extermination while Twilight explained to the Princess exactly what happened five months ago. Derpy, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy went to keep the Doctor company in the hospital ward.

"Too many things aren't adding up," said the Doctor as he lied on one of the hospital beds.

"Do you think there could be more dimensional rips at work here?" Derpy asked.

"Maybe. We'll only be able to learn the details once we interrogate that Dalek."

"How are your legs feeling?" Fluttershy asked.

"Better. I have some feeling back but I won't be able to walk normally for a little bit."

"I broke my leg once while I was playing with Carrot Cake. She accidentally brought a bookcase down on it. It didn't feel so good," said Pinkie Pie.

"That's an...interesting story."

"I have others! Do you want to hear the one about how Equestria was founded?!"

"It's not what you think. It's just the story of how she got her cutie mark," Fluttershy whispered.

"Maybe later, Pinkie Pie," the Doctor replied with a smile.

"Okie-dokie-lokie!" Pinkie exclaimed as she bounced over to the sleeping Celestia. "I wonder what happened to the Princess."

"That's another thing that puzzles me. Why did Princess Celestia pass out?"

"The Dalek must have had something to do with it," said Derpy.

"But how? The Dalek didn't even shoot anything at her," Fluttershy added. The Doctor began scratching his head and thinking when, suddenly, the door to the hospital ward burst open. Fluttershy nearly jumped for the sky. "Oh my!"

In walked the clown pony who had told them about the portable cage.

"Hey Doctor! How're ya feeling?" he asked as he trotted over next to the bed.

"I'm not sure anymore," the Doctor replied as he rested his head down.

"Good thing I was there to remind you about the portable cage, eh?"

"How did you know about what the portable cage was anyway?" Derpy asked.

"The Doctor should know that. We've only used them several hundred times whenever we've had to face off against the Daleks!"

"Do I know you?" the Doctor asked.

"Do you have amnesia or something? It's me! You know! Monty!"

"Who?"

"Monty! Full name: Montague. Sometimes known as Monty the Masterful! Ring any bells?"

"Nope."

"You must have it bad. Did you forget Opal too or something?"

"Opal? You know Opal?"

"Oh so you remember my wife but you don't remember me. Nice, Doctor. Real nice!"

"Wait...you're Opal's husband?"

"Yes! Well, we were only boyfriend and girlfriend the last time you saw us but, as you can see, we finally got hitched. We even have two children now. Twins, they are. Francis Capulet and Julianna Capulet. We took the last name from somepony on Opal's side of the family. Juliet, I think her first name was."

The Doctor thought back to the last time he saw Opal. He did remember her mentioning that she had a husband and two children.

"I have a reason for not knowing you, Monty," said the Doctor. "The adventures I had with you and Opal haven't happened yet for me."

"Huh?"

"I've only come across Opal twice so far. Once in 987 and once in Ponyville here in 1002."

"More of the wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff?"

"Pretty much."

"So...this is the first time that you've ever met me?"

"Yeah."

"This must have been pretty awkward for you."

"A little bit."

Monty cleared his throat and took a few steps back.

"Sorry about that."

"Don't worry about it. I've had plenty of awkward encounters in my life. This is not that different from others."

"That's good."

Monty then turned to the others and cleared his throat again.

"I guess you're friends of the Doctor too?" he asked.

"Yes indeed!" chirped Pinkie Pie. "I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"I'm Fluttershy," said Fluttershy and she slightly hid behind Derpy.

"Fitting name," Monty chuckled. He then turned to Derpy. "And you are?"

"Derpy. Derpy Hooves," she replied.

"Oh."

Monty then proceeded to give the same, melancholy look that Opal had given Derpy when she had first met her.

"Is something wrong?" Derpy asked.

"Oh! Uh...nothing. Nothing's wrong...at all."

"Whatever you say," said a suspicious Pinkie Pie. Just then, Celestia began to stir.

"Princess?" Fluttershy asked. The Doctor tried to get up but he hadn't regained full control over his legs yet.

"Luna...where's Luna?" Celestia asked.

"She's fine, your majesty. She's with Twilight and the others," said Derpy.

"And what of that creature?"

"It's down in the dungeons," Pinkie Pie replied.

"And the Doctor?"

"Right here!" the Doctor replied as Monty helped him out of bed.

"You're luck you're not dead, Doctor! Come to think of it, why didn't the Dalek kill you?" Monty asked.

"I don't know. That's what I want to find out. Help me down to the dungeons. I have a few questions for our trigger-happy friend."

"Wait, Doctor," said Celestia. "You owe me an explanation."

"I'm afraid that will have to wait until after I've gotten some answers from the Dalek."

"Then at least answer me this one question."

"Okay."

"Why did you appear in my bedroom two years ago?"

Everypony turned to face the Doctor. The Doctor turned to Monty, let out a sigh, and then turned back to Celestia.

"I'm afraid I don't know yet, your majesty, for that hasn't happened to me yet."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm a time traveler. I live events out of chronological order. The Doctor who visited you two years ago was the future version of myself."

"A future version of you...in the past?"

"I know it's complicated. Why don't we discuss this later, your majesty?"

Before Celestia could ask anything else, Monty helped the Doctor limp out of the hospital ward. Derpy was right behind them.

"We'll stay with you, Princess Celestia!" said Pinkie.

"Are you two able to explain to me about what happened five months ago?" the Princess asked.

"We'll try our best," Fluttershy replied softly.