• Published 25th Jan 2013
  • 2,043 Views, 259 Comments

End of the Rainbow (Factory) - alexanderhunt88



As Scootaloo was about to be finished inside the dreaded factory, a new light saves her.

  • ...
39
 259
 2,043

The Sad Truth

"Wha-wha-what?" Scootaloo stammered out in disbelief. "Her brother?"

"Yes." Soarin sighed under his breath. "The stallion I cornered and forced to tell me everything was a pegasus named Spirited Seed."

"Spirited Seed?"

"Yes. Though I only found out about his name after I figured out the full truth." Soarin said deeply. "I found out a lot of things after the full truth" He mumbled inaudibly.

"What did you say?"

"Listen Scootaloo" Soarin dictated unexpectedly. "Are you completely sure you want to know the whole truth. I'm warning you now, It's not a happy truth."

Scootaloo looked away from him for a few moments, thinking about what she has to say. "I know." Scootaloo replied sternly. "I know what I'm in for, and I want to know more. This is something I have to know I have to know."

Few a moment Soarin gave her look of shock, taken aback by the pony's response, before giving her a lack of satisfaction. "Smart kid." He said out loud. "And now it seems I have to tell you what I know, so, let us start then:"


Some years ago, in a shipping storage area.

"Oof!" A grey-skinned yellow-maned pegasus stallion spat as he was pushed towards the wall. Standing up, he was pushed back down by a set of hooves. This second pony was a light-skinned blue-maned stallion, but his face and most of his body was covered up in loose, plain clothing. Even his eyes were obscured by thick goggles.

"Now listen here!" The other stallion yelled with authority and un-rivaled anger. "Now you listen to what I say, right now, and then you answer, you got that?!" He said as he stared daggers to the other pony. The first stallion only weakly nodded in response.

"Good." The second stallion started in a much calmer tone. "Now tell me, what does the factory want with the machines?"

The first stallion looked away nervously when he was asked that question. "I'm not gonna repeat myself again." The second stallion forced out.

"Look look, I can't tell you, OK." He blurted out almost immediately. "I'd tell you if I could but-"

"Bulls!" The second stallion spat. "You know you could tell me, now use your backbone before I beak it! And don't give me any lip."

Gulping, the first stallion dared to stand up. "Please, you got to listen." He pleaded. "I can't tell you. I can't tell anypony! There isn't a way I can-"

"No! Now you listen here, there is a way you can, and you know it. It's a factory for rainbow's. Since when does that even need machines. Now you tell me now; why. Does. The. Factory. Have. Those. Machines?"

"To...to..." The first stallion mumbled.

"To?" The second stallion mimicked.

"To kill!" The first stallion exclaimed.

"...What?" Asked after a few seconds of disbelieved silence.

"Listen. My name is Spirited Seed. I'm a worker at that factory." The stallion now named Spirited Seed blurted out. "And I've seen what they are used for." Something about how Spirited Seed put emphasis on 'seen' made the second stallion feel uneasy.


"But I know what they are used for." Scootaloo said as she interrupted the story.

"True, but at the time I didn't. Now please, don't interrupt the story again." Soarin deadpanned.

"Sorry."

"Now, where was I?"


"And I've seen what they are used for." Spirited Seed just stood there, his body almost quivering. The other stallion just looked straight in his eyes. They now seemed dead to him.

"And what are they used for? To kill. What do you mean?" He asked almost cautiously. "It's a factory that makes rainbows. What use is their for these machines."

"It's not the same." Spirited Seed, said under his breathe.

"Speak up." The other stallion ordered.

"It's not the same!" He yelled unstably. "It's just...all changed now."

"What's all changed?" The still unnamed stallion asked quizzically. "And answer me clearly, what do you mean to kill?"

Spirited Seed let in a heavy breath, before answering "Look, I'm probably gonna die now for telling you all this already so now I've got nothing to lose." He stated.

"The reason of their being machines in the Rainbow Factory is because they have found a new source of making rainbows. One which they believe is a better source than the original."

"And that is?"

"..foals." Spirited Seed deadpanned.

"If you are joking with me-"

"I'm serious!" The other stallion practically yelled! "All foals that have failed the test are...committed to being a resource for the factory's own personal use!"

He just stared. The other pony, still with an unknown identity, just stared. And after a moment of awkward silence, a moment too long, he spoke up. "I see." He said, chillingly calmly, not even letting out a single sense of emotion in his tone. And after a second long pause, he turned around and walked away.

"Wait where are you going?" Spirited Seed blurted out in disbelief.

"I've heard enough." The other stallion called back.

"Just...before you go, can you promise me one thing?" And at that he stopped walking.

"I have a younger sister, she lives in Ponyville. Please, take care of her, she's all I got left Her name is Derpy Hooves." He pleaded.

"I will." The other pony promised without a second thought.

"What's your name?" Spirited Seed asked him as the stallion's wings came out from under the cloak.

"...Soar."


"And then I took off." Soarin finished. Scootaloo just sat there, dumbstruck. "See kid, that's how I knew Derpy. And I will forever keep that promise."

"...wow." Scootaloo managed to say. "That is just...wow."

"Scootaloo?" Soarin said to the young mare. "You OK."

"Ye-yeah yeah." She stammered. "It's just-" But she was interrupted by the sound of Soarin's hooves walking away. "Did they get him in the end?" She asked too him.

Peering around, Soarin replied, "No. He got himself."