• Published 16th Feb 2013
  • 2,770 Views, 42 Comments

WHY DO I HAVE HOOVES?! - Cydon



A magical mishap leaves Rainbow dealing with a new inhabitant of Equestria.

  • ...
9
 42
 2,770

Chapter 5 Perfect Angel

Chapter 5 Perfect Angel

The birds were chirping and the sun was shining on another beautiful day in Equestria. I tore through the sky at high speed feeling the wind in my mane as I plummeted towards the ground. A white cone began forming in front of me creating resistance to my fall. I smirked and pushed myself harder, 'Today is the day I do it! Nopony is faster than me!'

"Rainbow? Rainbow Dash wake up." 'Huh? That was certainly a strange dream.' A gentle prod on our side and I opened our eyes. The teal eyes of the kind hearted pegasus known as Fluttershy blinked in surprise. I was lying on a cloud, pink hair blocking my vision. "Rainbow?"

"Rainbow can't answer right now please leave a message after the tone. Beeeep." I said grinning. *Eep* I stand up carefully as Fluttershy backs away to the edge of the cloud.

"Hey, calm down Fluttershy it's just your friendly interdimensional alien friend Kevin!" I smile in what I hope is a friendly manner but I'm not used to muzzles so who knows what it looks like.

"O..oh sorry. We got worried about Rainbow when she didn't come back yesterday."

"Oh yeah, that. Uh don't worry, I talked to her and it's cool now." Fluttershy smiled softly.

"Um if you don't mind we should get back to the others. I mean if you want to that is."

"Why sure thing Fluttershy but uh, I don't know how to use these." I stretched out the toned wings on our back waving them about a little.

"Oh... well, how about I move the cloud closer to the ground. Then you can just jump down."

"Wait. You can do that? That's so cool!" Fluttershy blushed and shrank a little at the compliment.

"Oh it's nothing special really all pegasi can do it."

"But no one back home can!" Fluttershy gave me a small smile and flapped her wings, she grabbed the cloud and began pushing it closer to the ground. About a foot from the ground I jumped off landing with a *whump*. "Thanks for the lift Fluttershy! I'd be stuck up there until Rainbow woke up if it weren't for you."

"Your welcome." Fluttershy said as she landed on the ground nearby.

"Should we get going?"

"Y..yes this way." Fluttershy turned towards a nearby path and started walking. The gorge began to leave our view as we slowly trot over a hill.

"So Fluttershy, you said you were the local vet right?"

"Vet? Oh yes I guess you could say that."

"What's it like? Taking care of so many animals, it must be a lot of work."

"Oh it is, but it's worth it to see the smiles of all my little animal friends."

"That's wonderful Fluttershy I'm glad you found something you really love to do."

"Oh um thank you."

"Do you think I could stop by for a bit? See what all you do and stuff? I could even help out if you like!"

"Oh uh ok if you want too."

"Cool!" Before long we came upon the hill where we had the picnic.

"The others must still be out looking. Look there's Applejack now. APPLEJACK!" Fluttershy whisper yelled it was quite adorable and louder than I had ever heard her speak before but still too quiet for the orange mare in the distance to hear.

"Here let me try. APPLEJACK!" Applejack jumped at the sound of my yell and looked over in our direction. We waved and she waved back as she started trotting towards us. The sound of pounding hooves announced the presence of the other three coming over the hill.

"Rainbow! Kevin! Fluttershy! We were starting to get worried you weren't coming back!" Twilight said as they came to a stop in front of us.

"Just me right now Rainbow's still asleep."

"OH! OH! Hi Kevin! Did you miss us? Well you weren't gone that long but it was long enough for us to get worried so it must have been long enough for you to start to miss us bec-" Pinkie's latest rant was brought to a halt by the orange hoof now residing within her mouth.

"Shoo Wee sugarcube you sure do like to talk."

"Hey Pinkie I have a challenge for you." AJ removed her hoof from Pinkie's mouth.

"OH I like games! What is it?"

"I want to see how long you can go without saying more than five words in a sentence."

*gasp* "That could be fun! How do I win?"

"You have to last until I go home, and if you win I'll let you in on a little secret." Pinkie gave me a hard stare looking me deep in the eyes.

"Is it Dashie's secret?"

"Um uh what secret?" I said looking around nervously. 'Does she know something?'

"Okay then!"

"Well alrighty then. I gotta be gettin back to work now, make sure to stop on by now!" Applejack tipped her hat to us and left.

"Hey wait for me AJ!" Pinkie said as she bounced off after her.

"I should get back too, that spell won't finish itself."

"Yes darling and I must take my leave of you as well I have this marvelous idea for a new dress that I simply must get started on, tata!" Rarity and Twilight trot off towards town leaving me with Fluttershy and sleeping Rainbow.

"So..."

"Yes?"

"Well now's as good a time as any, can I help out?"

"Oh um yes?"

"Hooray! Just give me a task and I'll get it done."

"Well uh follow me." A quick trot down the path led us to a small cottage surrounded by dozens of small furry animals. We went over the bridge and up to the front door as Fluttershy let us inside. 'So much fluffy!'

Inside are a multitude of birds nests and other assorted homes for the smallest of woodland critters. As I step inside a carrot sails through the air narrowly missing Fluttershy and hitting me instead. Fortunately it was just a carrot so it didn't hurt much.

"Angel! That was very mean! I want you to apologize right now!" A small white rabbit with a scowl on his face crossed his arms and turned away from us.

"Angel Bunny you apologize right now mister!" Fluttershy got right up in his face and gave him a harsh glare of disapproval, a few seconds later he was on the ground quivering. Raising his arms in defeat Fluttershy backed off and he hopped over. He looked down as he squeaked something in bunny that I could never hope to understand.

"Uh apology accepted?" Fluttershy smiled as Angel's jaw dropped to stare. His scowl returned and he jumped up grabbing the amulet and backing away examining it closely. Fluttershy gasped and stood frozen unsure what to do.

"Hey! I need that to talk when Rainbow wakes up. Give it back!" Angel got tired of just looking at it and tried hitting it biting it and all manner of ways to get it to do... something. All the while he was squeaking away as dozens of other rabbits came to watch.

"Angel give it back." I said taking a step towards him. Angel stuck out his tongue and hopped under the sofa. I looked under the sofa to find... nothing. 'Where did he go?' Some chittering from behind attracts my attention moving quickly I spin around and spot Angel diving into the large group of bunnies that had gathered to watch.

"Come on!" I slowly scanned the crowd for the amulet hoping to be able to spot it in the- 'Aha! I got you now!' Having spotted the white menace I quickly leapt into action attempting to grab the elusive rabbit only for the crowd to scatter and my target to hop straight up. I land with an *Oomph* as Angel comes back down from his hop to land in our mane. After untangling himself from the rainbow colored mess Fluttershy snaps out of her shock and scoops up Angel into her hooves taking the amulet from him in the process.

"Heh thanks Fluttershy." Fluttershy frowns at Angel as she hoofs over the amulet to me. I look it over before putting it on the gem inside appears to be undamaged.

"Angel..." The disapproving glare he received was enough to almost bring the bunny to tears. 'That is the saddest looking bunny I have ever seen.' His ears dragging on the floor behind him as he slowly hopped over to a small door in the wall. He stopped and looked back one last time before going inside. As the door closed Fluttershy sighed.

"What am I going to do with him?"

"Does he normally act like that?"

"No, he usually calms down after he throws something."

"I wonder what got him upset?" She turned around and looked around at all the animals that had gathered to watch.

"Oh my you must all be so hungry, Kevin will you help me feed them?"

"Well I did come to help, just tell me what to do!"

Over the course of the next hour I spent my time running all around the cottage inside and out grabbing bowls filled with food for various animals and taking them to the hungry critter. Finally I came back to the cottage to see Fluttershy resting on her sofa. "Does this mean were done?" I said moving to take a seat beside her.

"Yes, that was the last one. Thank you for helping me Kevin none of my friends ever have the time."

"I'm glad I could help, it was fun, and you were right all those smiles just make me feel all fuzzy inside." Fluttershy smiled at me.

"Ya know I'm surprised Rainbow hasn't woken up yet. Does she normally sleep this long?"

"Only on her days off, actually she should be waking up soon." *Yawn* 'speak of the devil.' Rainbow blinks our eyes and stretches before looking around.

"What the hay? How did I get here? Fluttershy?"

"Hello Rainbow."

"Kevin? When did we get here?"

"This morning Fluttershy woke me up, so after talking for a bit I decided to help her with her animal friends so I did and now here we are."

"Oh." Rainbow went silent as she digested this information.

"Rainbow would you like to join me for lunch?"

"Sure Fluttershy, oh hay I just remembered I have to go home and feed Tank! Back in a flash Flutters!" Fluttershy nodded and smiled in understanding as we took off. Rainbow zoomed out the door and up into the sky off towards the cloud house she calls home. After landing in front of the door we quickly trot inside. Rainbow went to the kitchen and prepared Tank's food.

"Tank! Come and get it!" The buzzing of helicopter blades came from upstairs as the tortoise flew down the stairs and into the kitchen. Flying right up to our face he gave us a lick and a smile. 'Eeeew!' Which made Rainbow giggle and smile as he landed to eat.

"I'll be back later Tank." The tortoise looked over at us and slowly nodded his head while still smiling. Rainbow took off back out the door.

"Hey Kevin, watch this!" Rainbow flew straight up higher than I've ever seen her go before, so high that Ponyville was just a small patch on the sea of green below. Then with the air getting thin and the temperature dropping rapidly she stopped flapping our wings.

'Here we go again.' We began falling towards the ground. 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!' With wings pumping furiously we continued to pick up speed as we plummet towards the ground. A white vapor cone began to form in front of us as the wind began causing our eyes to water, with hooves outstretched she streamlined our body for one last extra bit of speed. And then something happened, The cone before us tightened and started changing colors before shattering in an ear wrenching *BOOOOOOOOOOOOOM* The air resistance faded and our speed increased exponentially as we shot towards the ground.

'Rainbow, I hope you plan on pulling up soon!' With a smirk we continued closer and closer until just a few feet from the ground she performs an impossible ninety degree turn bringing us level with the ground. We shoot towards Ponyville like a rocket flying down the road that led into town. We gained altitude as we approached town until we were above the tallest building. As we flew over town Rainbow executed a series of aileron rolls until we left city limits.

'Don't... do that... again. I'm gonna be sick.' She shook our head and finally began slowing down landing on a cloud. Looking back the rainbow streak that followed us was twisted like a coil from the rolls, we watched silently as it faded away.

'What, was that?'

"That, was my famous Sonic Rainboom." Rainbow took off again and flew lazily towards Fluttershy's cottage. 'This world is amazing!'