• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 366 Views, 75 Comments

Spectrum, Blue Skies, and Reggie - Spectrum Paxion



How we Protect Equestria as part of Luna's Nightmare Squad

  • ...
1
 75
 366

A Long Train Ride to Nowhere

As we left the castle we knew as home we began talking about the train station and our trip. “So.. How long are going to be on this train?” Asked Reggie.
“About a day and half. We’ll stay the night at one of the stops” I answered. We continued for about a hundred yards until I realized that I had not packed my alchemical tome. “Damn it.” I said clearly pissed off.

“What’s wrong?” Asked Blue.

“I forgot my damn tome. Just give me a minute I’ll be back soon.” And with that I opened a portal to the Void and jumped in. I walked in the darkness until my dimensional lens informed me that I had reached a point where I could cross back over to the Over world. Before I did I began to see purple shapes of ponies acting like holograms. I noticed that Rarity was one of these entities. She was walking in Ponyville towards Sugercube Corner. A small glitch occurred and the hologram of her jumped to the inside of the building. There she was enjoying a milkshake with a stallion who I didn’t know. After this little experience that I couldn’t understand I returned to my task of getting the book. I opened the portal again to enter the mage tower that I called my room. I noticed that Rarity had just gotten up and begun her daily beauty routine to start the day. I turned and walked towards my neat bookshelves. There I picked up the heavy bound book and began to leave until I looked at my dresser to see my lock picking set. I went to take that as well when Rarity asked “Spectrum.. Are we a thing?”

“Well I never thought of us as being a thing.” I replied

“So is that no darling?”

“I guess it is. Do you want us to be.. together?” I asked her.

“Not really.. I have a this great friend that I am planning to met at Sugercube Corner for a date.”

“Well I hope you have a great time.”

“You know there is one thing I don’t understand about Spectrum.”

“I suppose that you are going to tell me what that one thing is.”

“I showed a lot of affection for you, which you returned, but I helped your drunken corpse into this room, placed you in that bed, and stayed to make sure you were ok. Then I awake to feel your forehoof across me keeping me warm and you are willing to let that all go?”

“Rarity.. I just want the happiness of others. No matter the cause or effect it may have to me.”

“Well then.. I have to go.. I’m on a tight schedule… Spectrum before you leave here that this to Reggie.” She then pointed to a heap of metal that was lying next to her. “Farewell darling.”

“Bye Rarity.” And with that I reentered the void carrying the pieces of metal and returned to my friends who were waiting for my arrival. I gave Reggie the gift from Rarity, which turned out to be a Titanium breastplate and a pair of braces from the same material. He quickly threw them on to se how the fit and we continued on, mostly chatting about meaningless topics. When we reached the town where we were to board the train we found that it was running a bit late.

“So what is so special about the book that you had to go back for?” Reg asked.

“Well, it is my alchemical tome that I read to understand new recipes and what each device does and the effects of them.” I answered.

“Like your ring and lens?” Blue asked cheerfully.

“Basically, but Reggie’s sword was also made using it.” I explained. At which point the train pulled up to the station were we and the bots boarded a cargo cart with a few windows and an overhead lamp being the interior. We all sat down in a circle and being asking each other question.

“So Blue Skies. How did you meet Dash?” I asked

“Well I was in a shack injured when she found me and helped me soon after. Now why do live with Luna?” He replied

“Oh.. uh.. Let me think about that.”

“ Why don’t you just ask about his life story Blue?” A sarcastic Reggie asked Blue.

“Ok. Spectrum tell me everything about you.” Blue then said while slyly smiling at Reg.

“Well… I was born about five years after my sister.”

“Wait, but isn’t Dash your little sister?” Blue asked confused by my answer.

“Kinda.. Sorta.”

“What does that mean?”

“She was my adoptive sister.”

“You were adopted.” Reg said with great bafflement.
“Just let me explain.” The silence told me they were ready to listen. “I was born five years after my sister, Platitos Rez, then when I was eight my mother was killed by a mugger, my father was sent to the hospital and later died from an amount of mortal wounds to his chest. Before he died he gave me a key to his dresser that housed this book. After that Rez was sent to our aunt who I know nothing about, while I was sent to an orphanage for about six years. There I met a nice little filly whose name still slips my mind today. I was her protector there ever since I saw her being attacked by two colts that by the end of that day were injured to an extent that they couldn’t hurt her for a while. When I left I was being adopted by a cyan pegasus and her parents. I looked at her as a sister and I showed a great deal of affection and protection towards her. When I was about seventeen Dash was heavily assaulted at Advanced Flight School by a colt who would regret laying a hoof on her.”

“What did you do to him that he would make him regret?” A cocky Reg asked.

“I stabbed him in his cold, cruel heart with a knife that I made from a eight inch long shard of glass that was wrapped in an old rag I found at Dash’s house.”

“Wait, you killed someone!?” Blue asked alarmed.

“In my defense.. He was a prick.”

“But,. but.. you killed him.”

“Ok this is what happened Dash for about six to seven weeks was being attacked at school by this guy. She sneaked around to make sure that no one knew this was going on. I also think that she became paranoid about someone learning about this. One day I noticed her forehoofs were completely covered in bruises.

“Well.. I guess.”

I interrupted, “No.. that not the only bit of info I left out. I found him at Canterlot in an alley, attacking a mare unicorn who never told me her name. Blue everyone in life has chances. Some has two, but most have one. The reason he is died is he had this idea that the abuse of mares and fillies was ok and nothing would happened to him.”

“Well why did you have to kill him?”

“No that was never my true goal. It was suppose to be simple. Beat him up, let him spend sometime in the hospital, and he will never do it again. Now with that I realized his brutal nature would only hurt him and those around him. “

“Well why weren’t you arrested for killing him?” Blue asked.

“To be honest I don’t really know, but since it has been five years they can no longer accuse me of the crime and I can’t go to prison for that murder. Now with that I’ll continue from me murdering him. So about two months later I had been out with a few friends in Canterlot. When it was around 2 a.m. I began heading home to Cloudsdale; on my way back I heard a mare scream. I rushed to see her being attacked by a stallion with a butterfly knife. I smashed into him with full force knocking him over and sending the knife flying out of his possession. As I held him down the mare ran away to get the Royal Guards. I then began to shout questions at him. I asked if he remember my parents, or me but of course he didn’t he was a drug addict who’s daily routine was larceny. I ended his life with a quick slash across his throat that caused my hoof to be coated in the warm, red liquid. I turned around to leave, but in my way was Luna… Ah… She saw what I had done and grabbed me with one of her wings and we started to walk away. As we did I turned back to see the body turning to black petals that they were flying into the sky. When I entered her castle she lead me to what is my room now. I then passed out on the bed in the room. I awoke to thank Luna for her kindness and I then began to leave. She stopped me and requested that I stay and become her student and she would be my mentor. I accepted the idea and she said that we would start training tomorrow. I awoke to her nudging me, she then lead me down to the cellar. When we reached there she set up door in the middle. She tossed me a lock pick set and said that I would get a shot of liquor for every time that I unlocked the locked door.”

“Why did you have to learn to pick locks?” Reggie asked somewhat interested in the story.

“She required I learn all of the skills that she did.” I replied.

“Ok let me rephrase that. Why did Luna learn to pick locks?”

“When Luna was fifth-teen she still lived with Celestia who had a fine collection of various amount of alcohol. At one point Celestia put a sturdy lock on it. To break that she studied hours a day and crafted her own “key” to enter the cabinet.”

“Ok final question. Why did she reward you with alcohol?”

“That was how she was rewarded and she saw fit that had most “authentic” Luna experience. Plus the more you pick, the more you drink, then the harder it is to keep your composure and concentration. After that I really just spent most of my time drinking and learning alchemy with the occasional “Luna Lesson”.

“What is a “Luna Lesson”? Asked Blue.

“Random things she said to follow and for the most part I listen to her and what she had to say.” I then turned to Reg “So who was that little mare that left you room.”

“I don’t know who your talking about.”

“Miss Six Hoofmarks.”
“Oh.. yeah.. That’s Desert Lily.”

“Marefriend.”

“Yep..”

“Well I’m glad you have someone in your life.”

“Thanks.”

“I have quick question Spectrum.” Blue spoke up.

“Shoot.”

“Well.. I mean.. if you want to.”

“Just say Blue.”

“Can I see the void?”

“Sure here.” I said while I tossed it to him. He then placed it over his shoulder and disappeared. He was thrown out of the same portal that he entered in, but a shroud of purple lighting was encasing his entire body. Reg and me ran to help him up and I ripped the ring from his neck breaking the chain.

“What the fuck happened?” Reg exclaimed about what he had just saw.

“Calm down.” I told him. I then went back to making sure Blue was ok. The lighting started to die down and soon after stop. I asked “Blue when you were in the void did anything happen? Explain what you did.”

“I entered, then I started to think about Dash and how see would love it. Then a thought of us being together danced in my mind, Dash was then in front of my I tried to walk up to her. Then as I grew closer an iron gate dropped in front of my keeping me from her. A stallion came from thin air holding a knife.. He then was about to force it into her heart.. I.. I had a mental meltdown similar to the one shown at the castle.”

“I shouldn’t have let you go in. There are two rules about the void that you must follow 1. Never go in without wearing dimensional lens 2. If you are wearing your dimensional lenses make sure there are not cracks, chips, fractures, and etc.”

“What did I see when I was in there?”

“You worst fear. The void is like a beast that feeds off of one’s natural fears no matter the victim’s mental or physical strength. The lenses protect this effect by preventing lies and false ideas from entering the mind.” I looked at my hoof to see my ring was being held tight there. I looked at it to see a small flaw on the gem. “Damn.”

“What?” Reg asked helping Blue calm down.

“Whatever Blue did really fucking damaged the void.”

“Wait.. Blue nearly took down a dimension.”

“No, but he did weaken it.”

“Ok.. by the way I think he is fine. Except for the purple lighting I still don’t know how that happened.”

“Well lets see the void turns most things that have a color into a type of purple depending on a bunch of factors that I can’t explain. When Blue discharged the lighting it was corrupted by the void and in turn that damaged it. “

“Well the hell are we going to do?”

“Make sure we stay alive.” I sat down with my tome in hand reading about the void ring. “So yeah it says right here: If a great power is released in the void it will damage the ring based of off how much it took. The more damage to a void ring the less time the user can stay in the void. If I did the math right the time that I am now able spend in the void continually is about 1.86 seconds.”

“I’m sorry Spectrum.” Blue told me while he began to embrace me. I wrapped my hoofs around him and told him “Blue I’m the one who should be sorry I sent you into a place you knew nothing about. I can’t tell you of what would have happened if what I thought would had occurred.”

“What do you mean?”

“The void it would have shown you this false life with you deepest fears and regrets in life. It would feed from the reaction that you would give it whether they hurt it or heal it. Then if you were able to kill it you would be trap in an empty cell, forced to roam it’s dark plains till death, but since you can’t die you’d be stuck for an eternity.”

“Wait.. How did you…”

“You would be surprised how the effects of alcohol have on a certain lavender mare unicorn.”

“So you know… Are you proud of that Spectrum? Taking advantage of those you care about.”

“Lets put it this way history repeats itself. My history is basically this vengeance, protection, and deception, while yours is failure to accomplish anything. Now would I love to rewrite my history? Damn right I’d love to not follow my traits of murder, hate, pain, destruction, and shadows, but I can’t break my niche anymore then you can get rid of your immortality….. I’m sorry.. Blue can you forgive me?”

“…”

“I understand.” I said preparing to sit down. Until he came behind me and wrapped his hoofs across me chest giving me a back hug.

“Yeah.. I forgive.”

“Good. .Now get off on me.”

“Nah..”

“Fine.” And with that I entered the void leaving him to fall on his face and chest and me to coming back to give him a lift back up. After the emotional time that we all had shared we just sat down and played poker until we hit the stop.

Author's Note:

Sorry about the wait. I didn't expect to continue this story so bare with the grammar mistakes.