• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 366 Views, 75 Comments

Spectrum, Blue Skies, and Reggie - Spectrum Paxion



How we Protect Equestria as part of Luna's Nightmare Squad

  • ...
1
 75
 366

Heading Home

As I looked around and found Fracture laying in a puddle of his blood with a 8 inch spike sticking out of his leg. I turned to Reg and asked him “Get me two chairs.” He returned seconds later holding the chairs I told him “Give me one and help Fracture into the other one.” He looked at me confused “Just do it. Ok. I know what I’m doing.” He did and I sat on my chair stomach facing the back. Fracture just looked at me with not a sight of fear, but of shock.

“This is probably still sinking in… I understand. I guess it is hard to see a ghost.” I told him.

“You think that you’ve won! I’m still alive!” He shouted.

“Who said my job was to kill you. I was supposed to take care of you as I saw fit… and well you.. you fucked up. Also with that wound I feel that you got maybe a few hours eight at most.”

“I can heal this… it’s nothing… I’ll be fine.”

“See… that is the problem… you don’t understand how much trouble you are in. That shard in your leg is one that is caused by a sphere that was created in the void. It is made of pure corruption and it is so fine, yet strong… just picture powdered diamonds coursing through your bloodstream slowly tearing apart your organs as you experience pain that will push you to the point of suicide… However my old man taught me that you must always give someone a chance. So here is an antidote that will dissolve the powder.”
I turned to Reg “You and Blue get me string and a roll of duct tape, then start loading up the doctor and three stallions.” He nodded in return. After a few seconds he was back will a spool. “You got those smoke bombs.” He nodded again. “Here I’ll take them off of your claws.” He tossed them and continued to move the guard on his shoulder.
I opened the small sack and pulled out a smoke bomb. From there I removed that top and poured out the powder and picked up one of the spikes. I began to grind it to a fine powder and fill the bomb back up.
“Grab that Fracture.” I commanded.

“Fuck you.” He said as he spat in my face.

“You’ve got some spirit.” I replied will jamming the spike deeper into his leg.

“AAAGGGHHH!” He shouted and he slammed his hoofs to the metal canister. I began rapidly tightening his hoof over the safety. I then tied a piece of the string around the pin that armed it. A made a loop and hooked it on a shard twenty feet away.

“There you go. You pull the string that arms it, and it becomes incredibly difficult for you to become free. If that bomb does go off you will be both covered and inhaling that thing that is currently killing, but in that little metal sphere is enough in there to kill you before you hit the ground. Now the antidote is marked on this map. Have fun… Oh and the toxic flowing through you renders all non-earth pony abilities impossible to be performed. I would like to explain this to you; however you seem to have better things to do and you probably don’t want me to waste your time.”

“Let’s go Reg we got to be at station for the next train… See you in hell Fracture.”

“Why are you doing this?” He asked.

“Let’s see, you put me in a barren wasteland in my own puddle of blood with minimal chances of surviving… how is this any different? Oh right it’s not.”

As I walked away he kept shouting “I’m a God! You can’t kill me!”

“Even Gods bleed.” I replied while walking and I then noticed my ring which was in the same condition as before except a small hairline crack was now present. I began to twirl it around by its chain and whistle as I made my way to the train.

After I caught up with them at the train it had just stopped. We carried everyone onto one of the boxcars and the conductor began to start our journey home. After about thirty minutes had pasted the unconscious ones began to wake one at a time. The first and second told their story of being brothers who had tried every which way to make money ranging from stocks, to theft, and even honest labor, but how the jobs never lasted from more than a couple of months till they met Fracture. The next one was named Bone and he had quite a militarized history. He had graduate sixth best at West Point; he would later join the military and be requested to join the 1st Recon squad. After a miscommunication between radios, he and his squad would soon after cause a massive murder of mother and children at Sweetsprings.

The last one to wake was the masked doctor whose identity baffled both me and Reg.

As I asked “Who are you?”

A sweet feminine voice replied back.
“I’d asked the Griffon next to you. He knows more than anyone else does.”

I turned to Reg whose beak was wide open. “For the love of… Please tell me that is not who I think it is.” I asked with both an excited and exhausted tone.

“Ok.. I’ll bite who is she?” Asked Blue. Reg still being frozen by her voice left me the only one able to explain who she was.

“This mare is… an old friend… from Reggie’s past… from when he was for hire.” I said while trying to use the right words.

Reg finally snapped out of his state and explain in more detail. “That doctor right there” He said with pointing to her. “Was a contract given to me by a drug cartel to receive a mare and return her. After finding out her location in Marexico and that she was a stripper."

She coughed and said "I was a dancer. Don't let him fool you."

Reg began again. "Either way I found her and tried to take her, but she was... Persistent and didn't give me an easy job. When I got back to be paid it had been close to six months with her. As it turns out she was to be passed onto her father who was forcing her to marry an abusive drunkard with a cocaine addiction. I couldn't let her go she turned into a sister to me. So I took down the cartel's guards and I chased to save her. When I killed her to be husband I gave her half what I was paid and left. Shortly after I met my wife and five years later I met Blue, then Spectrum several months later."

Blue replied "Well that's nice to know and all, but a name would be just as good."

"Her name is." Reg started

"If you don't mind I'm perfectly able to introduce myself of you will let me... Thank you. Now Blue is it, my name is Midnight Drizzle former dancer current PHD in medical healing. Nice to met you." She said. "And you well I don't know your name."

"I'm Spectrum." I replied

"Now what is each of you history like." She asked.

"Go ahead Blue." I told him.

"I'm not just going to give away my past information to a complete stranger. "He replied.

"Well just for now if you drink or smoke keep your distance from Blue and join me or Reg for a good drinking night with poker, jokes, and good tales of our past." I told her
.
"Thank you for the offer. Now what your past."

"Uh.. Lets see I was born in Cloudsdale."

"Cloudsdale, now is the myth about the Rainbow Factory true."

"Yes, I've been there."

"Then how are you alive?"

"Do you know want about the exiles?" She shook her head.

"A long time ago everyone lived together and there were two types of ponies light ones and dark ones. After sometime dark ones began to be pushed to the ends of the world and later exiled to a place know as the Void where they are still living. Then Luna visited the Void and something attacked her and she was trapped by Nightmare Night... Anyway I'm a dark stallion who failed the test and was sent to the Rainbow Factory. So I was chained to the wall and they used a machine which was to steal my spectra, the problem is that the dark ones done have spectra we have an unknown black fluid that will contaminate any other liquids. I'm the reason that an entire batch was fucked up by them poking my heart and then my sister opened a portal to drag me into the Void. Since then I've lived at Dash's and now Luna's."

"We'll, where are we going?"

"You can go wherever you want, but I'm going home." At that point there was a huge flash and a thunderous bang that deafened me. Then I felt my back being fiercely thrown against a jagged rock and a sharp pain shocked the area around my left side.