• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 366 Views, 75 Comments

Spectrum, Blue Skies, and Reggie - Spectrum Paxion



How we Protect Equestria as part of Luna's Nightmare Squad

  • ...
1
 75
 366

Family and Friends

As the night went on Blue and me got the design and base down. After about two hours I took out a smoke and lighter. Blue then asked "Hey Spectrum can you go outside?"

"Yeah of course."

I walked outside and leaned against the wall and took a ten-minute break. It was 3 a.m. when the gift started taking shape. They were a pair of black shades that would tell you, how fast you were going, how cool you are, and keeps scores and gives records to help flying performance. We got tired around 4:15 a.m. so I went to my tower and Blue went to his room, which was basic, it had a bed, bedside table, a lamp, and a closet which was filled with nothing yet. Mine had the same set up, but had pictures on my table next to my wallet and my bottle of vodka and glass on the opposite side my closet had all the clothes I owned and on the far left was the new jacket from yesterday I still think I have a purple hue on my cheek. Then I sat on my bed thinking about Dash and that I could protect her for about five months while looking over Equestria. Luna must have sensed my distress on the matter. "Spectrum what are you doing you." She asked.

"Me and Blue were working on Dash's gift for her birthday and can Blue live here?"

"Yes of course. But there are bigger problems aren't there?"



"Yeah. I fear that I can't protect Dash when I’m not here."



"That is ok you need to accept that you can't protect everyone."



"Goddamn it! I'm not trying to protect every one. I just was Dash to be safe."



"I understand your anger."



"Fuck you! I'm sick of ponies telling me to not worry about her. She's my sister nobody understands how important she to me."



"Calm down Spectrum."



I then flipped my table and the pictures, my wallet, and half a bottle of vodka went all over the room. Luna then grabbed me and wrapped in her wings. I began sobbing on her wings. I looked up and apologized "Sorry for the harsh words, I didn't mean any of it I just.. hate not being able help anyone especially Dash.

She replied, "I hold nothing against you. You were just trying to be a good older sibling, but you can't do everything for her.



"Thanks for all help even when I don't deserve it.” She unwrapped her wings from around me and I started picking up all my things. I got my table then put it back next to my bed and the bottle on the other-side of the room was now about now about a tenth left. So I took the swig and threw away the bottle. Now my whole room smelt like vodka. I picked up the picture of me and Dash was cracked. My depressed sigh called Luna again who repaired the crack. She told me "If your relationships cracks and breaks it just takes time to fix them."

I mocked "Luna the fortune cookie. You know that I could have gone to Rarity's for a new frame.

She smiled and said "Yeah Spectrum that’s why you would go to her."



"I don't now what you’re talking about."



"Sure you don't." Hinting towards my cheek. Luna then left to the moon to make it set so Celestia could raise the sun. I looked at the clock to see that it was 5:25 a.m. I decided to stay up and do learn some more recipes and read up on what to make and what I needed. The next task I had to complete was to create what is called a void ring that is a ring that gives the user the ability teleport. What this does is opens a portal to the void, which is a dark dimension, that matter can't survival without the ring. What happens is that you open a portal walk though and travel though the void. When ready to leave you create another portal to exit. Now the void has a slower time click and every step taken in the void is five in the normal world. So it seems to give them teleport, but it really just made you faster in a different dimension. To make this I need some void crystals and a darkness pearl.



So when Luna got back I asked her "Can I have a few void crystals and one of you darkness pearls."



Her reply was " Why Spectrum do you believe that I have such items?"



"You the Princess of the Night and Darkness. What the hell do mean why? ..I believe that my sarcasm is rubbing off me and on to you."



"Uh.. good reason. Well give me a minute I’ll get them."



I waited for her, but Reg entered with something metallic in his claw. I asked him " What the hell did you do now?"



He replied, "Remember when I asked for the metal and some gems?"



"Yeah, when I panicked about Rarity. Why?"



"This is what I used it for I created smoke bombs for you."



"Wow I surprised about that."



"That I could give you something as a gift."



"No, that you create them."



"Ha.. Good one. Anyway here you go." The bombs hit my hooves with a satisfying clink. Luna then came back and gave me the items and saw the smoke bombs that I held. She asked "New invention?"

"No, it was a gift." I replied "From a friend." Then came Blue though the doorway. He told me that he finished the gift for Dash. "Thanks for that." I said. "I have a idea, but I need to be alone for a while.



I went to Rarity's for some diamonds and of coarse she hugged and kissed me again. I made the joke "Rarity if you keep kissing me then I will turn into Twilight." She gave a light smile She said "Oh.. I'm sorry.. I got carried away."



"Uh.. yeah thanks for the diamonds... Uh.. and here." I gave her a kiss and she reacted the same way when she saw the crystal empire. She just hugged me and just was so happy that she fainted I took her bed and left. I went back to my mage tower to grab some aeternalis fuel to use with the diamonds to make dark matter. I then went to the foundry to craft the blade that Reg would wield though out his life. I took the dark matter and used dark pressure to fuse the dark matter in to a blade dark as the night yet giving off a purple aura. I took the blade and force it to be in a softer state and I got my etching tool and one side it read "The New Lunar Republic" I flipped it over to show the other side read Vivas Noctus "Long Live the Night" all of the letters were in a silver lining. I then made a sheath for it. It was leather with a titanium studs across the ridging.



I exited the foundry and entered the castle went up to Reggie's room. He was sleeping so I wrote a letter saying "This is what need for battle it is meant not to break and will carry the motto of this castle. Stay true to the creed and hold the power of the Blade of Darkness." I put it on his side table and left to sleep, on the way there I had a few drinks and no regrets about I did.