• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 366 Views, 75 Comments

Spectrum, Blue Skies, and Reggie - Spectrum Paxion



How we Protect Equestria as part of Luna's Nightmare Squad

  • ...
1
 75
 366

What we learned

As a new dawn broke though my window I felt the regrets of alcohol from last night. I got up to be surprised to see Blue in the living room just having a chicken sandwich. He quickly put down the sandwich and looked at me "Sorry I was just so hungry."

"It's ok you can have what ever you want."

He then proceeded to again run up and give me a hug. At which point I said "Calm down. You don't have give me a hug everyday."

"Oh? I don't."

"No. We're friends it a given that I help you."

I knew right after I said that he would get these big eyes full of happiness and he would want a hug. But something stopped him. I told him "You can have a hug."

He took up my offer of a free hug in a second and then Luna entered and asked, "Did we learn something about friendship?"

I replied, "Are we trying to be little like big sis." She simply blushed like yesterday. "Ok I’m going into town for some stuff anypony want anything." I asked Blue and Luna "Can I please get some quills and dark purple fabric." Asked Luna

"Sure." I replied. I turned to Blue who had just finished his sandwich.

"No I’m good." He told me.

I looked at him and said, "You want another chicken sandwich don't you?"

"Yes" He sighed in reply.

"Ok I’ll get you one." Then the eyes came back and he ran towards me. I stopped him and I took his hoof and put it up it. "Keep your hoof there." I told him, he did. "Now watch." as we clopped hoofs he was amazed. "Now we do that instead of hugs ok." He looked at me sadly "Fine you can still have hugs just not all the time."



I then went to Reg's room and asked him if he needed anything. He replied "Just some metal and gemstones." I got back to the living room to see Luna had left I got my bag and proceed to town. I went to Smelting Jack to get the metal and have a chat about the Mrs. Then it was off to Quill and Sofas store, they still had one sofa which was weird because I thought bought them all. Talking about Rarity that was I went next. The "problem" with Rarity is that almost every time I see her she gives a gift or makes me clothes or a new bag. Yes I know she is the element of generosity, but still maybe a hug or a kiss, hell anything not fashion related for god sake. When I got there she was working on a dress for Dash for her birthday in a week. "Hey Rarity." I said

"Hello?" She replied

"Hi, now all I need is a few gemstones and some dark purple fabric."

"Oh..No..No..No.. Spectrum you need a new style."

"No.. I'm fine so about the fabric and gems."

"Please."

"I'm sorry I can't."

"Come on. Please Spectrum."

"Ah.. Fine, but I don't want this take long."

"Oh it won't."

After an hour of her and constant judgment of colors, highlights, shadows, and contrast it was done. I'll be honest this gift was nice it was a jacket that was brown with a dark brown strap across the chest with patches on the sleeves and back. I told her "Thanks for the jacket."

"Oh it is quite alright."

"Can I please get a few gems and the fabric that came here for?"

"Of course darling."

She came back with half a bag full and some rolled up fabric. I said "Thank you for the supplies."

"Thank you being my model"

At that point I was leaving, then Rarity said, "I forgot something." "What?" I replied She ran up to me like Blue and gave me a hug and kiss on my left cheek "Thank you for all the help." I knew one thing that I looked like an idiot with purple gloss lipstick on my cheek. I blushed and excused myself. I quickly ran to though the door while smearing the lipstick off of me. I quickly got Blue's sandwich and flew back home. When I got back I gave him the sandwich and before he could thank you I was up the stairs and in my tower. Now the first thing I do when stressed or nervous is open and close the switchblade. If that doesn't work I do alchemy, and if that fails I have six shoots of vodka if those don't work well I’m fucked.



As I downed the last two shots a knock on the door the door sent me cold. Blue entered and said "Hey what wrong with you? And what is with the lipstick?" I replied "One.. Rarity. Two.. Rarity."

"Well go talk to her."

"Yeah.. No."

"Why not?"

"I don't want to hurt her."

"You won't."

"Fine."

I walked down the stairs to see Rarity in the room waiting. "Ok. I my have been a little rude when leaving." Were the first words out of my mouth. Rarity stood there. "I'm sorry for all that I did and never properly thanking you." Rarity replied, "No I was to strong and scared you away I just want to show that I was truly grateful, but I think I was a little to thankful."

"I appreciate the gesture even if unexpected."

"I hope were are still friends."

"Of course."

"Hugs?"

"Yes, Rarity all forgiven."

Then Reg came in to the room. "Hey Spectrum and hi Rarity. Spectrum did you get the jewels and metal I needed."

"Yes, here you go."

"Thanks and nice jacket. Bye Rarity."

"See you Reg." I thought why is he so nice. But I didn't dwell on it. By this point me and Rarity had made amends, Reggie got his gems and scrap, Blue his sandwich and Luna was just walking in. She too noticed the lipstick and giggle. By now I thought that I would never come off. I was right for six hours.



As Luna drew night over Equestria I thought of two things one we would leave in two weeks and would to get Dash. Then I got the idea that I should get her some sunglass, badass and Wonderbolt style. I rushed down to the work shed to see that Blue was there working on ideas and tinkering. When he saw me he was opening his mouth to apologize. "Hey were friends." He then put up his hoof I hit it and then began working. As the night went on I asked, "Where did you live before here?"

"A uh.. ten foot cube I really didn't like it."

"Why?"

"The bed was uncomfortable and I didn't like the color of the furniture and walls."

"Hey you can just stay here."

He began to lift his hoof. I pressed it down. "No we're family now." I put my hoof over his shoulder and pulled him in close. "Let's get started on this."