• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,473 Views, 54 Comments

Harry Lefert's Drabble Bin - Harry Leferts



This is a place where I store tribbles, drabbles and ideas.

  • ...
5
 54
 3,473

Twilight "Indiana" Sparkle and Rainbow "Daring" Dash

I do not own "Indiana Jones" which is the property of George Lucas. MLP:FiM is owned by Hasbro.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

As she scowled at the wall of broken rock in front of her, Twilight could still hear the mocking laughter of Gilda in her ears before a shout drew her attention as Dash slammed her hoof into a rock. “DARN IT GILDA!”

She walked over as some pebbles bounce off her hat, the so-called 'Helm of Indy' according to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, before Twilight laid a comforting hoof on her Pegasus friend’s shoulder. “It’s okay Dash, we got the clue we need and all we got to do is get out of here.”

At that moment a slightly snide and arrogant voice spoke up. “Oh, sure Twilight Sparkle!” Turning, the two see Trixie as she waved her hooves around. “All we need to do is escape from a room, in a erupting volcano, that has no way out!” She seemingly folded into herself as lava leaked through a crack in the floor at the far end of the uncollapsed temple room. “Trixie cannot believe that this is how it all ends for Trixie… First her reputation is ruined… then there was the alicorn amulet... then kidnapped by those Diamond Dogs and that Griffin… and now Trixie is going to be baked pony…”

A rustic voice spoke up as Applejack spoke her mind on the matter. “Now the’. Tha’s no way to be lookin’ at things.” As she looked around, Applejack frowned. “I reckon that thar’ be someway out of here.”

Looking around herself, Twilight trotted over to the center of the room and spotted what looks like a vertical opening going down. She poked her head into it, she saw magma slowly rising through the shaft, and when she looked up, she could see another shaft right above it and at the end a very small window of sky far above. “Well, there’s a way out here I suppose…”

Rarity’s jaw dropped a little. “Twilight deary, have you forgotten that most of us here don’t have wings?!”

As she rolled her eyes at Rarity’s drama at the other side of the room, Rainbow took her Pith Helmet off for a moment ('I still can't believe that the Daring Doo was my Great-Grandmother!') and wiped some sweat off her brow as she leaned against the wall… before she suddenly noticed that it was wet and cool. “HEY!” She stopped for a moment before she looked above her and saw moisture. “Wait a cloud picking minute…”

She flapped up and she leaned her head against the upper part of the wall and closed her eyes in concentration as Pinkie watched in interest. “What are you doing Dashie?”

Holding out a hoof, Dash frowned. “Shhh! Give me a minute.” After a few seconds, she pulled away and looked at the water dripping off the rock. “Must be from that underground lake we saw…” Her eyes widened. “Wait! We must be underneath it!” Having heard Dash shout, Twilight walked over and asked what was going on, only for Rainbow to grab her shoulders in excitement. “That lake we passed? It’s right above us to the side, I heard the water and everything!”

Blinking for a moment, Twilight opened her mouth and then shut it before becoming thoughtful. “Wait… a lake's worth of water…”

Dash grinned as she gestured to the shaft. “Plus that shaft…”

As she looked at all the abandoned mining equipment including a crate of TNT, Twilight’s grin grew. “Dash… are you thinking what I’m thinking?”

Dash chuckled with a similar grin on her face. “Oh, I think so…” She then turned. “Pinkie, Fluttershy, I need you two to move that crate next to that wall.”

As Rainbow directed the two, Twilight turned to Applejack. “Applejack, I need you to buck two of the larger Stalagmites down.”

Rubbing her head in confusion, AJ nodded. “Wha’ ever ya’ll say Sugercube.”

She walked over to one and examined it before she bucked it down and headed to the next as Twilight turned to Rarity and Trixie. “I need you two to grab the most intact mine cart and as much rebar as possible, got it?” Confused, the two nodded as Twilight walked over to the first stalagmite and broke it in half with a spell. The other she jammed into the lower shaft. After a few minutes, she called the others over. “Girls, me and Rainbow need you to get on the top part of that stalagmite over there. Rainbow-“

Dash cut her off at that. “No way Twilight. You need me to keep you above it. We do this together.”

As she looked at her seriously for a moment, Twilight nodded. “Okay Rainbow. Girls?”

Having gotten a clue as to what was about to happen, Applejack opened her mouth only to find herself and the others besides Rainbow floating in the air and then placed on the rock along with the rebar and the mining cart. “TWILIGHT!”

She didn't get a chance to do anything else as the whole thing, with the girls on top, is propelled into the upper shaft where it got stuck. As Twilight turned, she spotted Rainbow with a stick of TNT in her hand as she held it near the nearest small stream of lava while the ground around them trembled and shook. “Let’s do this.” Rainbow grinned as she touched the fuse to the lava and lit it before she quickly rushed over to the wall and jammed it into the box of TNT on a ledge where the wall was wettest. After that, her and Twilight dove behind rocks as it blew, sending a cascade of water into the room which nearly swept the two off their feet. After she grabbed Twilight, Rainbow flew them into the air. “Hang on!”

Twilight nodded as she held her hat on her head as the room began filling with water. “We only got one shot with this Rainbow!”

Seeing her friend nod around the strain of keeping them both in the air, Twilight waited until the room was nearly full before she yanked the stalagmite keeping the bottom shaft sealed out. And then she jammed it into the hole that lead to the lake. As the water swirled and bubbled beneath them, Twilight teleported them onto the top of the other rock plug where their friends are. Dash didn't wait as she grabbed the mining cart and began dragging it into the center. “Come on! Everyone under this now!”

Once they're all under it, Twilight (with help from Rarity) anchored the cart to the rock using the rebar driven through the edges of the cart and into the rock as they also bent the rebar in the air so it would touch the surface of the rock. And just in time as the pressure of the steam below caused the plug to be propelled up the shaft and out into the sky. After landing in a fast moving river of lava, their raft was dragged down the mountain before it hit a projecting rock which caused it to fling the mining cart (with the mares inside due to the inertia) into the air where it landed on a train track which they flew down it at a high rate of speed. As she looked back at the now exploding mountain, Twilight blinked. “Well… that was unexpected though helpful.”

Dash started laughing as she hugged Twilight. “And totally awesome!

Twilight then spotted the train that Gilda was on as it chugged several kilometres ahead on another set of tracks. She then saw the rail switch for the one that they were on which would allow them to join Gilda's. Twilight grinned as she reached behind her and grabbed her whip. "And it's about to become even more awesome." She then cracked the whip ahead of them and hit the switch, which allowed them to start catching up to the griffin and her diamond dog minions...