• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 492 Views, 20 Comments

Mares in Black I - moondancer12



We are no longer part of the system. We are above it, beyond it. We are, the Mares in Black! A story written in collaboration with my brother, Brickguy213.

  • ...
2
 20
 492

Introduction

Mares in Black I

Introduction

Brickguy213


The moon glistened in the desert sky, as the old rickety farm cart rolled down the road. The wheels seemed to squeak with a rhythm, and the wagon creaked with even the smallest movement. The driver, an old stallion, was whistling to himself to calm his nerves. He had just crossed the Equestrian border, and his cargo was getting restless. The border patrol hadn’t caught them, so they seemed home free. Literally. Just then they came up to a guarded gate.

“Aww, shit.” Said the driver, annoyed at how things went wrong, just as they seemed fine. “Hold on guys. Be quiet.” The guard walked up to the cart, being sure to stay alert. He didn’t want to fall victim to an ambush.

“I need to see your cargo.” Said the guard simply. The driver knew he was caught, and slowly trotted over to the back of the cart. He opened the back slowly, knowing he would be thrown in prison for the rest of his life.

“Alright, come on out.” The driver said sadly. The illegal immigrants came out from their hiding spots in the hay bales.

“Well, well… What do we have here?” The guard said, looking at the driver. Suddenly, a strange machine that made a low humming sound pulled up behind the cart. There was a bright light coming from the front of the black thing. It had strange looking wagon wheels, only they where made out of rubber. Out stepped two beings, clad in fancy black business suits. One was a pony, a mare to be exact. The other walked on two legs, and had no fur. The moonlight reflected off of the shiny brown hair on his head. They wore black shades, and looked very mysterious. They both walked towards the wagon, taking off their shades in the process.

“Who are you?” the guard asked, trotting towards them.

The awkward looking one spoke first. “I’m Mark Thompson. This is my associate. We’re from the government, sector six.”

“Never heard of it.” The guard said bluntly.

“Never will.” The suited thing said. He walked up to the illegal immigrants that had since formed a line. He started speaking their language to them. “Looking for work?” He moved on from one to the next, asking simple questions in griffon. He stopped when he got to the end. There was a very ugly griffon. Mark had never liked griffons particularly, but this one was UGLY. Its face seemed badly deformed, and it hadn’t talked. “What about you? What if I smash your face?”

The griffon just laughed, a laugh that almost seemed mechanical.

“Your ugly. Very ugly.” Mark laughed along with the griffon, whilst the guards looked at him like he was crazy. The suited being then turned and spoke to the others that were lined up. “Welcome to Equestria. Get back in the cart, and enjoy the ride.” He said.

“Sir I can’t let you do that.” The guard protested.

“Son, you’re messing with things you don’t understand.” Mark said sagely. The awkward griffon started to walk towards the cart, but was stopped by Mark. “You don’t speak a word of griffon.” He said simply. He dragged him off the road, and into a clearing.

“I’ve never heard of sector six…” One of the guards said confused.

“There is no sector six! It’s bullshit.” Another guard said.

Meanwhile in the clearing, Mark and his associate was talking to the weird griffon. “Alright, give me the head.” Mark said. The ‘griffon’ grunted and then handed him the fake griffon head on a pole revealing an alien with four arms and an awkward head. “Mikey?! How did you get out of jail?”

The alien replied in a series of awkward tones, which only Mark and the other mare understood.

“Look I’ll have to send you back.” Mark said. The alien protested, but to no avail.

Just then one of the guards came over the hill and saw them. “The hell?” He said confused. The alien heard him and turned, the guard looking at him. The extraterrestrial ran towards him roaring, whilst Mark pulled out a gun. The mare had drawn one too, but it wasn’t working right, and had jammed.

“Mikey! Don’t make me do this!” He said, aiming at the roaring creature. But it continued to growl wildly at the armored stallion, reaching out for him with his four arms. Then a shot rang out through the night air and the alien turned to goo. The guard stumbled towards Mark, covered in the blue substance and muttering in shock.

“Tha-Tha-That wa-wa-wasn-”

“Wasn’t a pony I know…” The suited man said.

Meanwhile a large cart pulled up beside the machine on the road. A few suited stallions with shades on jumped out the back, carrying various equipment. They galloped down to where Mark was. “Ok I need some flames placed at key points within this six square foot perimeter.” He instructed. The stallions proceed to burn cacti and weeds, as the mare was quietly sitting on her haunches, ears splayed. Then the rest of the guards came running down the hill with their rifles. “Good evening.” Mark said pulling a small cylindrical chrome wand out of his pocket. “My name isn’t Mark, it’s K. Me and my associate S here, are agents in a secret organization that monitors alien activity on and off earth. And this is a standard neuralizer. It targets brain cells, specifically those for memory. Of course, you won’t remember that.” Agent K had put on his shades, while he was talking. “Now gentlecolts, if you would look right here.” He pushed a button and suddenly all the guards minds went blank. K had a story all ready for them. ”My you colts are lucky to be alive!”

“We are?” One of them said confused.

“Yes! You should really exercise more caution when discharging your firearms!” K said.

“Well, what happened?” asked another guard.

“You hit a gas line! Blew up this whole area!” K said, taking off his shades. “Now go get yourselves checked out with medical, and debriefed.” The guards went back over the hill to do that, while K walked over to the sad mare.

“I’m sorry K. I’m up to the job, but the rest of my body isn’t.” She said.

“Ehh, it happens to all of us.” K said reassuringly.

“They’re beautiful aren’t they?” she asked.

“What?” K said confused.

“The stars.” She said. “You know, we never just stop to look at them anymore.”

“Yeah.” K said sadly as he pulled out his neuralizer. He knew what the mare wanted.

“I sure will miss the chase K.” the mare said sadly.

“No S, you won’t.” K said, as a flash lit up the night sky.