• Published 21st Jan 2013
  • 6,744 Views, 93 Comments

The Dreams We Share - Silentpegasus



A pegasus stallion by the name of Storm Chaser has landed a job as a weather pony alongside Rainbow Dash. When the mare falls on hard times he will be there to help her in any way he can.

  • ...
14
 93
 6,744

Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It had been a few weeks since the incident at Sweet Apple Acres, since then Storm had gotten used to having Rainbow as his roommate. The two got along well, aside from the minor embarrassments which included when Rainbow tried to make pancakes and ended up nearly destroying the kitchen. He decided to suspend Rainbow’s cooking privileges for a few days. He had grown to know the rest of Rainbows friends fairly well. The two had stopped at Sugar Cube Corner for their usual lunch break.

“And that’s how Pinkie cloned herself.” Rainbow finished.

“Jeez that many Pinkie Pies...Now that’s scary.” he said as he took a bite out of his sandwich. They were soon approached by Applejack and Big Mac. “Hey guys what’s up?”

“Nothing much, just popping in for a quick bite. What about you two?” the orange mare said.

“Same. Grab some chairs and have a seat. I was just telling Storm about the time Pinkie cloned herself.” Rainbow said with a grin. The two farm ponies cringed at the memory of that day. Applejack nudged her brother who gave her a nod.

“Hey Rainbow can ah talk to you for a second? In private.” she said as she eyed the mare.

“Sure.” she said as she got to her hooves. The two mares trotted over to the other end of the bakery as Mac took a seat across from Storm.

“Ah’ve noticed that you’ve been spending a lot of time with Miss Dash.”

“Yeah, so?”

“Ah gotta ask are y’all.....together?” Storm almost choked on his food at the question.

“What? No. What gave you that idea?” he said with a weak grin.

“Well considering how much time ya spend with her and the fact that she’s slept over yer house the past few-”

“What! Did you follow me home or something?” he said as he started at the red stallion.

“No. AJ did.”

“Look Mac, there is nothing in between Dash and I.”

“Then why was she sleeping over?” Storm let out a heavy sigh.

“Alright fine, I’ll tell you. But you have to promise not to tell any-pony or Rainbow will kill me.” the stallion nodded. “Rainbow got kicked out of her house a month ago, she’s been living with me since then.”

“Oh, well that explains it. Why didn’t she just tell us?”

“You know how Rainbow is, with her pride and all. She didn’t want to look vulnerable and weak.”

“Ah can respect that and yer a good stallion for helping her. But ah know that there’s more to it than that.” he said as he stared at the stallion.

“Well...I don’t know. Rainbow’s nice, funny, hard working not to mention cu-” he stopped himself before he finished his statement. He looked at Mac who had a smug grin across his face, he opened his mouth to say something but was cut off. “Don’t even say it.” he breathed out, the stallion finished his lunch in silence.

“Alright Rainbow what’s going on between you and Storm?” Applejack asked.

“N-Nothing.” Rainbow said nervously.

“Then why whenever ah see him he’s with you?” she said as she raised an eyebrow.

“W-we hang out a lot, what’s wrong with that?”

“Does ‘hanging out’ involve you sleeping at his house?” Rainbow’s eyes shrank.

“H-how did you-”

“Ah followed you two one day.”

“Ugh! So you just decided to spy on me?” she said in a defensive tone.

“Ah did it cause ah was worried about ya. Ah don’t want to see you get hurt.” she said in a calm tone. “Are you and Storm dating?”

“No.”

“Then what is it?” Rainbow let out a sigh and looked at her friend.

“Promise not to tell any-pony?” the mare nodded. “Storm and I live together, I got kicked out a few weeks ago and I’ve been living with him since then.”

“Why didn’t ya tell me? I could’ve-”

“I didn’t want to be burden.” she said in a sad tone.

“Dang it Rainbow! Y’all gotta learn to set aside your pride.”

“Oh like how you did two years ago during Apple-buck season.” she said as she frowned.

“That was completely different!” she yelled.

“How?”

“.....Alright ah see where yer coming from.” she said in a sigh.

“And you won’t tell any-pony?”

“Ah won’t. On one condition.”

“What?”

“Ah want to see this new place of yours.”

“Umm....okay. I’m sure Storm won’t mind if I invite you over. Let me just tell him.” the orange pony nodded and the two mares trotted back to the stallions. “Hey Storm, AJ was wondering if she could see our house.” his eyes shrank at the question.

“Does she-”

“Ah already know sugar cube.” she finished.

“Oh good, alright then follow us.” he said as he and Rainbow got to their hooves and walked out of the bakery with the two farm ponies following close behind. Storm trotted up next to Rainbow and started to have a side bar conversation. “So you told AJ?”

“Yeah.”

“Can’t blame you, I kinda told Big Mac.”

“YOU WHAT!?”

“Hey, I had no choice. He was persistent and his original idea was completely ridiculous.”

“What was his original idea?” she said with a raised eyebrow.

“He thought that we were a couple.” he said adding a fake laugh.

“Oh...yeah. Really stupid idea.” she said with a weak laugh and a hint of disappointment in her voice. The two fell silent after that comment. The ponies came upon the house and went inside.

“Woo nelly! This here’s like one of them fancy mansions.” Applejack said in awe at the house’s interior.

“Eeyup.”

“C’mon I’ll show you around.” Storm said as he and Big Mac went down to the work out room. Rainbow led Applejack upstairs to her room.

“Golly Rainbow, this place is great.”

“Yeah it’s pretty awesome.”

“How did he afford all of this?”

“Don’t know. He just said he saved his money.” she said as she scratched her chin.

“Weird.”

“Yeah and that’s not the only thing, he hates the Wonderbolts!”

“WHAT?” the orange mare said in surprise. “Granted I’m no super fan, but those ponies are good.”

“I know! He just says that he doesn’t like them.”

“That’s not a good reason.” Applejack scratched her chin. “Which room is his?”

“The next one over but-” Applejack walked out of her friends room and into the stallions. “I really don’t think that this is a good idea AJ.”

“Why not? You know next to nothing about him and this is your way of finding out.” she said as they began to rifle through his closet.

“What the hay is this thing?” Dash said as she threw on a blue cape.

“Looks like some kinda cape.”

“Duh, I know that. But-”

“WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING!?” an angered voice said coming from the doorway. The mares turned around to see and angered Storm Chaser glaring at them with daggers in his eyes. “Take it off!” he barked. Rainbow quickly took off the cape and handed it over to him. Storm snatched it from her hooves and rested it on his back. “Rainbow why don’t you go show AJ the pool.” Rainbow lowered her head and left the room with AJ following close behind, as she passed the stallion he gave him an icy glare. Storm let out a sigh as he flopped the cape on his bed.

“Was that really necessary?” Mac asked.

“Was is necessary for them to go through my stuff?”

“Just saying, ya didn’t have to be so hard on em.” Storm let out a sigh.

“Yeah, I know. It’s just that....this cape is really important to me and I don’t want to see it get ruined.” he said in a low tone. Big Mac shrugged and left the stallion in his room.

Back downstairs Rainbow and Applejack trotted into the workout room, AJ was still angry at the stallion but her mind was too focused on the pool and hot tub in front of her.

“Wow, this looks amazing.”

“Yeah, it feels even better.”

“You’ve been in it?”

“Yeah, Storm said I can use it as much as I want.”

“So let me get this straight. He’s okay with you using a hot tub, but flips out when you touch some old cape?” Rainbow shrugged at the comment. “Rainbow, be honest with me. Does he ever hurt you?”

“WHAT? NO! He’d never do that to me!”

“Ah’m just looking out for you.”

“Thanks AJ but I’m fine.” she said as she began to walk back upstairs.

“Ah know that. All ah’m saying is that all of this just feels mighty strange.” Applejack’s eyes then fell upon the massive metal door. “What in the hay is that thing?”

“No idea. All I know is that sometimes he goes in there and doesn’t come back out for hours.”

“You’ve never been inside?”

“Nope. Rule number one: ‘Do not open that door.” she said as she made quotation marks with her hooves. Applejack trotted up to it and gave it a hard kick. The door didn’t even budge an inch.

“Celestia, that things strong enough to stop a freight train.” she said as she rubbed her sore hoof.

“That’s because it’s Iron made in the dragon kingdom. Nothings getting through there.” Storm said as he trotted over to the mare’s. “Hows your hoof?”

“Fine.” she said ina cold tone. “C’mon Mac we’re leaving.” she said as she walked past the two pegasi. Mac nodded goodbye and closed the door behind him. Rainbow avoided eye contact with the stallion and let out a heavy sigh.

“Look I-” Rainbow began.

“I’m sorry.” he breathed out.

“What?”

“I’m sorry I yelled at you. It’s just that this cape is really special to me.” he said as he withdrew the garment.

“What was it for?”

“It was my dad’s. It’s the last thing I have of him.” he said in a sad tone. Rainbow came over and gave him a hug.

“I’m so sorry, I had no idea.”

“It’s fine. It happened a long time ago.”

“How long ago was that?”

“I was around ten.” he said as the tears came pouring out. Rainbow brought him in closer and rested her head against his shoulder. “All I ever wanted to do was be like him, I’m not even a fraction of the stallion he was.” he said as he hung his head in shame.

“Hey, don’t talk like that.” she said as she looked up at him. “You’re one of the nicest stallions I know, you’ve let me live with you and I can be a real pain sometimes, remember the oven incident?” she said with a small laugh.

“Any-pony else would’ve done the same for a cute mare is distress.” Rainbow’s ears perked up at the word.

What did he just say?

“Y-you think I’m cute?” she said as she began to blush. Storm’s brain had had just exploded and his face turned bright red.

“I......um.....you see-” he was cut off by the mare grabbing his face and pressing her lips against his. Storm’s eyes shrank at the mare’s action, he felt her tongue start to penetrated his lips and explore his mouth. She tasted like a mixture of blue berries and pomegranate.

What the buck is going on?

A hot mare is kissing you stupid! If you let this one get away I will kill you! he thought to himself. As she broke the kiss he noticed that both of their wings were standing at attention. He sat there dazed at what just happened. Rainbow was looking at him with a worried look on her face.

“S-Storm?” she said in a sad voice.

“........” he was still getting over the shock.

“A-are you ok-” she was interrupted by Storm locking her in a passionate kiss. Rainbow’s eyes began to flutter, she felt her hooves turn to jello in the stallions arms. They were both panting heavily as they broke the kiss. “Wow.” was all she could muster.

“Ditto.” he said. “So what do we do now?”

“I can think of some thing.” she said in a seductive voice. Rainbow trotted past him and let her tail tickle his chin as she walked towards the upstairs. Storm stood there stunned for who knows how long with a bright blush on his face. “Well are you coming?” Storm snapped back to reality and followed her voice. He walked into his room to see the cyan mare laying on his storm cloud bed with the biggest pair bedroom eyes he’d ever seen. His jaw hit the floor at the sight, Rainbow began to chuckle and reposition herself in the bed until her parted legs were facing the white stallion who’s wings were standing at full attention. Storm gulped and made his way over to the bed. Rainbow grabbed him and climbed on top of and pinned him to the bed. “Now I think it’s about time I paid my rent.” she said as she leaned in for another kiss.