• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 5,047 Views, 124 Comments

Everypony loves Twilight - LankyLuna



The mane 6 are fighting over Twilight`s love. Who will win her over?

  • ...
14
 124
 5,047

Chapter 9

"No. NO. NO!!!!!!" Rainbow said, trying to run after Twilight, but failing, since she usually depended on her wings to be fast, and it didn't help that every step she took hurt her more and more.

I don't care what happens, I WILL get Twilight to love me. Even if it means hurting Pinkie's feelings.

Sorry Pinkie.


As the Cutie Mark Crusaders reached Ponyville, they hastily made their way to the club house.

"Okay, so now what?" Scootaloo asked.

"We have to get my sister and Twilight together. It can't be that hard. Then all we gotta do is slip them the potion!" Stated Sweetie Belle, eager to continue their plan.

Apple Bloom got some paper as the three girls began to hatch their plans for getting Rarity and Twilight together.


"So how about we tell Twilight that, uh, Rarity has a book about math or something smart like that at our house." Sweetie Belle pondered with her friends.

"Okay, and if that doesn't work?" Scootaloo asked.

"Uh...um...then we'll just have to wing it. Even though chickens aren't very good with their wings." Snickered Sweetie Belle."

Scootaloo rolled her eyes, and agreed with winging it, she just wanted this love potion business to be out of the way.

"Okay, so it's settled. Let's all meet at the library at three. I'll set up a romantic dinner at our house while you get Twilight." Announced Sweetie Belle.


Fluttershy ran home, but stopping herself quickly while seeing Pinkie and Twilight hugging each other.

She felt anger built up in the pit of her stomach. No, no, no. Pinkie didn't do anything wrong.

But she did steal Twilight from me...

The fiery anger continued to grow bigger.

I liked her before anypony!! I should've been the mare to ask her out!

Pinkie did do something to me. She stole my one true love.

Fluttershy's anger was burning so large inside her that you could practically see the fire in her eyes.

"TWILIGHT'S MINE!" The words seemed to get thrown out of her, along with the anger. But it was soon replaced with guilt and sadness as she looked up to find Pinkie and Twilight staring down at her.

"I'm sorry. Please don't hate me..." Fluttershy quickly ran off to her house.

"What? Where you dating her before me?" Pinkie's pupils started to grow.

"No I wasn't. I don't know what's wrong with her..." Twilight looked at the running pegasus questionably.

She looked at the clock. It was almost three, and Spike probably hadn't even had his lunch yet.

"Oh, Pinkie. I have to go to get lunch for Spike. The poor guy hasn't had anything to eat since lunch, and I promised diamonds." Twilight said.

"Okay Twilight. See ya later! Love ya."


As Sweetie Belle walked towards her house with, she noticed a lavender unicorn trotting towards the same place she was heading to.

I guess we're winging it. Thought Sweetie Belle, running into her house through the back door.

She climbed onto the counter, reaching into the cupboards to grab two cups, as the doorbell rang.

"SWEETIE ANSWER THE DOOR!" Yelled Rarity from her room.

Sweetie quickly jumped off from the counter, and poured the love potion into the cups, then answered the door.

"Hi Twilight! What a surprise to see you here. I was just making a drink for Rarity, and was wondering if you'd like to taste it?"

"Okay, Thanks Sweetie Belle," Twilight said, absent mindedly floating a cup to herself with her magic, and taking a sip.

"Mmm. That's really good. I'm sure Rarity will love it. Actually, I was here to see Rarity. Would you mind getting her for me?"

"No problem!"

Sweetie Belle rushed up the stairs to her sister's room, bucking the door open, all too excited to see her sister and Twilight.

"Twilight's here for you."

"Twilight? Is Pinkie with her?" Rarity almost yelled.

"No?" Sweetie Belle replied.

"Oh, that's great. How do I look? Good? Is my mane alright?"

"You look good." Sweetie Belle rolled her eyes.

Rarity rushed down the stairs, followed by Sweetie Belle.

"Hello, Twilight." Rarity said, smiling.

"Hey Rarity, I was wondering if I could get some gemstones for Spike?"

"Sure thing darling," Rarity said, levitating a treasure box towards them. "You can have them for free. My treat." Rarity said, looking into Twilight's eyes and blushing.

"Rarity! Rarity. I made a drink for you!" Sweetie Belle said, pulling her sister's tail lightly.

Rarity silently took the glass from her sisters hooves, never taking her eyes away from Twilight.

Sweetie Belle smiled widely, then sped up the staircase, peeking down from the top stairs at the two mares.

Twilight quickly picked twelve gems, and put them inside her satchel. "R-Rarity?"

"Yes, Twilight?"

"I um, was wondering if, I mean, if you aren't too busy or anything if you'd like to, you know...if you'd like to go on a date?" Twilight asked hopefully.

"Like a play date, or..." Rarity's blood rushed up to her cheeks.

Twilight smiled shyly.

"Yes! Yes! A million times yes!" Rarity screeched, "Ahem, I mean, yes."

Sweetie Belle giggled happily.


Applejack had walked home a while ago, bucking as many apples as she could to get her mind of Twilight and Pinkie.

"Ah can't believe she said yes!" Applejack yelled, bucking the tree behind her forcefully, knocking the branches and leaves off along with the apples.

"Now, Applejack maybe y'all shouldn't be buckin' apple's while you're mad." Big Macintosh said.

"How did yah know ah was mad?"

"Lucky guess." Big Macintosh said, looking at the trees behind them, and applejack followed his gaze to see all of the leafless, and almost completely branchless trees.

"Ah'm sorry..."

"Don't be. if anypony should be sorry it should be the pony that made you so sad."

"But it's not her fault." Applejack sighed.

"Who is this mare?"

"Ah don't feel like talking about it right now, Big Mac. Ah'm sorry."

"Never be sorry for being sad."

Big mac pulled his sister into a hug.


"Spike, I got your diamonds!" Twilight yelled as she entered her tree house.

Spike ran downstairs, drooling while he looked at Twilight's hooves, where she was holding the diamonds and he licked his lips.

He quickly gobbled down all of the gems, and looked at Twilight, raising his eyebrow.

"Why are you so happy?" Spike asked.

"Oh...no reason..." Twilight pretty much sang.

"Oh, oka-" Spike began.

"Except that me and Rarity are going out tonight! Romantically! I think...whatever! We're going out!" Twilight squealed excitedly.

"Jeez, Twilight. You're acting like Pinkie." Said Spike.

"Pinkie...oh Celestia...what will I tell her?...I know." Twilight ran past Spike straight to her papers and quill. She began writing.

Dear Pinkie Pie,
I'm sorry to say that when I said yes to you when you asked me to be your marefriend, I only said yes to protect your feelings. I love you. But only as a friend, Pinkie, please don't hate me for this. I'm such a foal sometimes. I...

Twilight bit her lip, then crinkled the paper up and threw it in the trashcan. She couldn't just send her a card telling her that she needed to break up with her!

Twilight thought of how sad Pinkie was when she thought that Twilight didn't love her...but she did love her. She just loved Rarity more.

But I can't break Pinkie's heart!

"Twilight, whats wrong?" Asked Spike sympathetically as tears dropped from Twilight's eyes.

"Nothing...just thinking about um," Twilight quickly thought up an excuse. "How Luna must've felt about the ponies shunning her beautiful night." Twilight smiled.

"Okay?" Spike said suspiciously.

"I'm gonna go for a walk." Twilight said while opening the door with her magic.

"So I can break up with Pinkie before me and Rarity's date... Twilight whispered to herself in a guilty tone.