• Published 8th Sep 2011
  • 3,299 Views, 45 Comments

Rarity: Behind Bars - White-pawPony



Will Ponyville's most beloved fashionista survive when she is incriminated and sent to jail?

  • ...
 45
 3,299

The Inquiry

In the dim light, two sapphire-blue eyes fluttered open. Where in Equestria am I? ...And why does my head hurt so much?

It was then that Rarity remembered the events leading up to this point, causing her to moan. She had been screaming bloody murder when two stallions had stuffed her into the back of a van, and her weak disposition had caused her to faint. Later on, she remembered being in a nearly drunken state, and struggling furiously as the stallions again had tried dragging her someplace. They had been talking about how full the female cells were, due to there having been a mob just hours before, and how she was to be placed somewhere with a less violent pony. At this point she had started to fight with full force, biting and kicking, when she felt a huge bang upon her skull and she once again blacked out.

Now that she was regaining conciousness, she began gathering her wits about her. She was bruised, but not bleeding, as far as she could tell. Her hair was still perfect, but...

A chair. She was tied to a chair.

The indignity! They tied me to... to a chair?! Oh, wait until my lawyer hears from me - just wait! I don't know who these ponies think they are...

And just about that time, Rarity realized that she was not alone. Sitting across from her was a black stallion with shades on. In fact, he was so much covered in black that one could hardly tell he was there. The mare in Rarity could not help but notice how handsome these men in uniform were, but she quickly shook off these thoughts.

"Where... where am I?" was all she could say. After all, she was still dazed. She could imagine Rainbow Dash being convicted of a crime, if any of her friends. Pinkie, perhaps, for extreme hyperactivity. But her? Rarity? This must have been one big joke - or even a nightmare.

"I'll be asking the questions here," he replied in a threatening tone.

In her most lady-like voice, Rarity pleaded with the stallion, "Oh, goodness. There must be some mistake here, Sir. I mean, can you really believe that I of all ponies would do such a vulgar thing?"

"Ma'am, please remain silent until I've finished asking my question."

Rarity shut her mouth.

"Now, then. Do you have any explanation for the concoctions that were found under the floorboards in your boutique?" he asked, flipping on a small recording device.

Smiling politely, Rarity answered, "No, Sir. I haven't the slightest clue. Now, if we could just discuss the terms of my release-"

"And you deny having anything to do with the making, storage, or consumption of these illegal products?" he continued.

"Yes, I do," she replied, smile dropping off of her face.

"Ma'am, what does the name 'Silver Brick" mean to you?"

Rarity had had just about enough of this ridiculous inuiry. "I am quite sure I don't know! I've told you every piece of information I have about this - zilch! Now, if you would kindly escort me out of here..."

"I'm sorry, Miss Rarity, but we'll have to continue questioning later; you are officially under arrest. The only place you'll be escorted to is your cell," the stallion stated.

This unicorn was done with being shocked for one day. "What ever do you mean, 'under arrest'?! You simply cannot arrest me! I am Rarity, premiere fashion pony! ...Don't I get my one phone call, at least? And where is my lawyer?! For the final time, I was framed!"

"Don't worry, Miss; if we don't believe you, I'm sure the judge will."

Dearest Celestia - make this nightmare stop!