• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 588 Views, 37 Comments

A scientist in equestria - Specter Atomis



A man comes to equesrtia and all hell begins to break loose when something takes his place, and that thing loves stairs

  • ...
24
 37
 588

Powers, discovery, and a reformed Draconequus

Specter was not having a very good time, having been throwing up for the past three minutes. When Celestia herself was beginning to feel sick from both the smell, and sounds he was making. She had finally had enough and decided to try a spell to see if that would work in the two ways she was hoping for. When Specter had a brief pause in his hurling, she turned him so she could look him in the eye and cast the spell.

Celestia was Seeing his memories, the very thing she thought held an answer, and it did. When she got to the point in his memories in which he had just woken up, her spell was countered, and all she saw was the menacing face, of King Sombra. In the brief moment she staggered backward from the counter, Specter opened his eye wide, and reflected the spell to Celestia.

Now it was HIS turn, to see HER secrets, which had filled his brain up to near the point of implosion with how many new cells had to form the nodes in your brain to form the memories. He saw events from Celestias life unfold around him, from nightmare moons defeat, to the two sisters banishing Sombra, and stoning Discord. It also showed the life she had before and after those incidents, her talking to her mother and father, seeing luna as a baby. Then there was the day that there parents disappeared.

The shock of the spell on his body was to much, and it broke before he could see more. He fell unconscious, with his eye wide open, showing a blue aura in the center. How he was able to counter the spell from an alicorn, AND use it, was a mystery. When Celestia had come to her senses, she immediately had him taken to the library. All she said to Twilight, who had to teleport him to the library, was " He should be watched, power like this in a pegasus is something that must be studied, and kept secret."
----------

Books And Branches library, Ponyville, 1624 (4:24)

Specter felt like a train just hit his head five times at the speed of sound, but then again, it could be worse. He looked around, and saw that he was in the library, but he had no idea what time it was. Out of the corner of his eye, he could see a wall clock, and it was about one third past the first big notch." Ok, so about four o'clock " he thought, "So i was out for about, six hours? Well, its close enough i guess" he continued thinking, just as the door opened.

When he looked towards the door, still not moving his head, he saw Twilight, wearing her element. She had a smile on her face, which he couldn't tell if it was a bad thing, or a good thing." Nice to see your awake Specter, i was wondering if you wanted to come with me and the girls for dinner at Fluttershy's cottage." She said to him, letting him know that he wasn't out for a day, but was in-time for the best part of the episode.

" Um, sure, why not. Besides, i need to get some fresh air after all that vomiting and, well, whatever i did to Celestia.", he said with a grin." So lead the way." he said, as he got up from the hard floor, and walked after Twilight, who was already back out the door, but not before sneaking his sonic screwdriver from the belt Twilight left it in, and hid it under his wing.
----------
"Ughh, i can't believe were having a dinner party with Discord!" Rainbow Dash said, even though the goup was not that far from the cottage.

" This evening is sure to be a disaster. Glad i didn't bother wearing my fanciest outfit." Rarity said, being no happier then Rainbow Dash.

Specter just stopped infront of the group and said," You know, you All should give the guy a second chance. He was only doing what he was ment to do. Though, maybe a bit to much." he said to the group, who all just gave him mean glares,"Fine then, be bias jerks." he said as he continued on.

"Fluttershy thinks this is the best way to reform Discord, and asked us to give him a chance." Twilight said, as she stopped in front of the door.

The door opened a second later, reveling Discord, who was dressed like some fancy waiter."Oh, our pony guests!" he said. He then literally rolled out his tongue into a red carpet, and appeared to come out of it when it finished unrolling."We are so delighted you have come."he said with a bow. He then teleported to the door entrance, with his body out of sight, and said,"Please, do come in."

The rest of the group was hesitant, knowing Discord was not to be trusted, but Specter just walked right in, and said,"Thank you good sir, and that display was rather a bit over the top, but nice more or less."

When the others finally decided to come in, they saw the nice decor of the dining room" See what a beautiful job he did helping. Discord set the entire table himself. I'm so proud." Fluttershy said in her normal, gentle voice. Specter just whistled in admiration for what a good job Discord did.

Discord then teleported into a hat rack, blocking one rack, and said," May i take your, uhmm, hats, ladies?" while reaching for Twilight's element.

She ducked, and quickly went backwards to the group, seeing as how she was ahead of the others. She then turned to them and said," Hang on to your elements girls, it gunna be a bumpy night."

After they had sat down, Discord served plates of potato and an apple fritter for everypony. "As you all know, Princess Celestia hoped that we could help Discord use his magic for good, instead of evil." Fluttershy said to the others, she then looked at Specter, who she had not expected to come, and said "And i'm so glad you could come to Specter. I suppose you want to know what went on while you were asleep?" to which Spec said,"I think it can wait untill after dinner." he said as he began to nibble at his fritter. Pinkie just dove into her food like a pig, getting mashed potato all over her face.

" Pinkie Pie, care for some gravy?" Fluttershy asked Pinkie." You bet!" she said in response." Allow me." Discord said.

With a snap of his fingers, Discord brought the gravy boat to life, all though it acted like a dog."Awwww, what a cute little gravy boat 'chu are. Yes you are, yes you are!" Pinkie said to the gravy boat which licked her face, before pouring gravy onto her potato.

"That's one creepy looking gravy boat if you ask me." Said rainbow Dash."Oh, come on now Dashie. Your not even giving this a chance!" Fluttershy said, in her standard, gentle voice.

The gravy boat then went over to Dashie, and spilled some of its very hot contents onto Rainbow's lap. She jumped up into the are to escape the menace, and yelled" Hey ,That's hot!"

"Oops, my bad! Hahaha i'm so sorry" Discord said." He did that on purpose!" Dashie said." Oh, well i don't know about that, mistakes happen." Discord said to rebuttal her accusation.

Specter just roled his eye and pulled out the sonic, but kept it under the table so nopony could see it. When the gravy boat came towards Specter to put gravy on his potatoes, he scanned it from under the table. The screwdriver was genetically and mentally locked to him, and told him the results in the form of morse code, in his brain though. What it showed was that Discord wasn't controlling it at all, it was moving on its own will!" Um, dash. I think that it just was mad that you called it creepy, its kind of cute though." he said as he slid the screwdriver under his wing once more.

Rainbow just gave Spec a glare, though he did have a point." Oh look everypony, dancing candles!" Discord said, as the candles began to wander around the table." Well, eat your heart out disney." Specter thought.

The candles were soon put out however, seeing as how Rainbow Dash didn't trust Discord in the slightest. Hovering over the table, near the candles she just put out, she said" I'm not falling for that! Discords just trying to distract us from, OW!" she had just been interrupted by the candles attacking her,"Hey! knock it off! i suppose that's another "mistake"?"

"No, I, think you just made them mad." Discord said, though he was only half lying." I think there's something fishy going on." Twilight said, before shortly being sprayed by a fish shaped taurine, which Specter hadn't the slightest clue as to what was inside.

The fish then sprayed Spike." Discord." Fluttershy said, in a slightly louder then normal voice." Well its hardly my fault if the soup taurine finds the term "something fishy", to be offensive." Discord said, to which specter just nodded his head, seeing as how the items got minds of there own when the were affected by Discord.

" Not the dress, NOT THE DRESS!" Rarity said, as the taurine sprayed her with hot soup. It then turned towards Applejack, and began to spray her," That taurine is only doin' what your making it do!" Applejack said, as she kept her right foreleg in front of her face, to shield her from the soup.

"Now lets not jump to any conclusions." Fluttershy said, as Discord was covering his mouth to suppress laughing. When Fluttershy looked towards him, he stopped and acted clueless."Fluttershy, cant you see what he's doing? He's playing innocent with you so you'll never agree to use the elements of harmony against him!" Rainbow Dash said, before shortly after getting sprayed by the taurine.

"Oh, well, that's a bit harsh, isn't it?" Discord said, playing innocent. The taurine meanwhile, was spraying the rest of the group from the center of the table, and just as it was about to spray Specter, Rainbow Dash covered it with a cover for hiding special dishes." You see what i'm saying, right fluttershy?" there was a small silence." Fluttershy!" Dash said again.

Fluttershy looked at her friends, and then said" You know what i see?" she then closed her eyes, turned towards Discord, motioned towards him, and said" I see that Discord is far from perfect," she then stood a bit and raised herself by pushing down on the table," but i also see none of you giving him a chance!" she then lowed her self a bit, looked towards Spec, and said," Um, well, except Specter, he's the only one he is really accepting Discord"

"Well, i do love chaos, and it is rather fun to be a bit annoying," Specter said" so i just naturally am used to this kind of stuff, all though the dancing candles are new." he continued. the rest of the group just thought that something was wrong with their friends, and the last thing that was said by them before Specter decided join Fluttershy." Whats gotten into you two? Why do you two keep cutting him so much slack?" Dash said, clearly very mad.

Spec and Fluttershy then huddled close to Discord, Fluttershy actually hugging him, and said in unison"Because that's what friends do!" which surprised Discord greatly. he looked at them both, and said "Were friends?" Fluttershy just hovered to eye level, and said" of course!" she then switched which side of Discord she was on," I cant remember my house ever being this lively before you came along!" she continued." Yea, and you are really cool for a god of chaos, and you really are good at keeping yourself from going on a chaotic rampage." Specter said.

Discord felt touched, and not the kind of touch that you are when someone remembers your birth day, even though you haven't seen them in forever,no, this was the kind of touched you feel when you see someone go through a bunch of trouble to help you, even though they are getting judged and perhaps insulted for it."Well I've.. I've never really had a friend before." he said, half confused, and half exited.

"Well now you do." Both Fluttershy and Specter said in unison. Discord was quite flattered, and the rest of the group was shocked like they were hit by thunder.

Then, the window on the right side of the room opened, and revealed Angle coming in a hurry. he jumped onto the table and jumped on the table and waved his arms like a mad-man." Now is not a good time angle," Fluttershy said."were having a dinner party." "Hold up, I-I think hes trying to tell us something." Applejack said.

Angle got an apple "Apple?" they all said in unison. He then pointed at Applejack,"Applejack!" they all said again, getting nothing but a frown and facepalm from the annoying bunny. He pushed a jug of apple cider, and threw the apple into it,"Oo, oo! Sweet Apple Acres?" Rarity said, with her amazing charade abilities. Angle jumped up and down with a smile.

"Flooding at Sweet Apple Acres! And we all know that now, don't we?" Dash said, as she looked at Discord."Who, me?" Discord said, as he formed a halo over his head." Oh, give it a rest, what do you think of your "friend" now Fluttershy?" Dash said, as she and he others, minus Fluttershy and Specter, who just looked at each other with concerned looks on there faces.
----------

Sweet Apple Acres, Ponyville, 1721 (5:21)

When they arrived, the orchard was compleatly flooded, the group had to go around in baskets that served as boats. "I've never seen the flooding this bad! They've built dams around here before, but, never like this. Whats goin' on?" Applejack said, seeing the dams that the beaver's built.

When Flutershy tried to reasen with the beavers, they just acted like old grandpas and shooed her away,"huuuugh, such language.Hugh, its no use, they wont listen to a word i say." Fluttershy said, having given up on trying to reason with them."You see Discord's behind all this, right?" Dash said, as she hoverd next to Fluttershy," Of course i do! Do you all think im a silly gullible fool?" she said to them all."wow! those classes she took must have been realy good" Specter thought. The others mumbled a bit, suprised that there freind had been acting all this time.

"I've just been trying to gain his freindship anyway i can, so he'd come to trust and listen to me." she said. " Hey there Fluttershy, want a turn? The waters great!" Discord called out to the group, while he was water skieing on his head, while being pulled by two fish turines.

He flipped so that he was on his feet again, let go of the ropes that he connected to the fish, and ran onto land, and stoped infront of Fluttershy "Fluttershy, there you are. A sight fore sore eye's." Discord said. Specter put his hoof over the bandage that coverd his left eye socket, which was still empty."As you can see, there is a big mess down there at Sweet Apple Acres." Fluttershy said." Oh yes, awfull buisness that, hmmm." discord said, as he dried himself with a towel he got out of no where.

"It IS awfull, this is Applejack home, and its being destroyed by innocent creatures who would NEVER be acting this way, if it wern't for your reckless behaviour." Fluttershy said. Discord stoped drying himself and looked at Fluttershy, while holding the towel infront of him." You need to fix this" Fluttershy stated

Discord thought for a moment, having not expected this curveball of a request."Well, yes, ugh, i will fix it! I only ask for one favor in return." Discord said, having come up with a clever plan."Yes?" Fluttershy said, glad to see he was willing to compromise."I ask that you never use your Element of Harmony against me, as a sign of our freindship." he asked her, while tapping his thumbs together, waiting for an answer.

Now it Was fluttershy's turn to be hit by a curveball. She wanted to be a good freind, but she needed her element. She looked at her freinds, who were all shaking there head, exept for specter, who was conversing with a squirrel. She looked back at discord, thought for a second more, and made her decision,"I will never use my Element of Harmony against you." Fluttershy said, throwing her element towards spike."Exelent!" Discord said.

Discord then snapped his fingers, and a flash of light temporarily blinded them all. When they opend there eye's, or in Specters case, eye, they saw Discord did anything but keep his end of the bargen."THERE, MUCH BETTER!" Discord said with a lot of pep in his voice. Discord had frozen the water and all of the area of Sweet Apple Acres, and even the squirrel that Specter was talking to ran into a tree to seak warmth inside of its comfy abode." I do much prefure ice skating to water skieing! Dont you?" he said, as he passed a random booth with three copys of him in it. Each one rose a card that showed the number ten on it.

Compleatly shocked, Fluttershy was basicly pissed." DISCORD!" she yelled, as she began to gallop across the ice towards him,"Thats NOT fixing it! Why i auta!" she then passed Discord, seeing as how her hooves could not stop her from sliding a little bit away."Were you going?" Discord said, as Fluttershy slid right past him.

Fluttershy looked like she was ready to kill a bunny with how frustrated she was." Whats wrong pall?" Discord said," Dont call me your pall!" she said to him, calming down a bit to avoid saying somethig she would regret." Ohh, come skating with me! And weal let by gones be by gones." Discord said, as he summond ice skates for Fluttershy.

Spike slid to the two, extended his claw, which held Fluttershy's element, towards her, and said,"Here you go Fluttershy. Game on!" "He fixes this, or he goes back to being stoned!" Twilight yelled." Princess Celestia will understand"

Fluttershy had to chose, keep her promise and take the skates, or break it and stone Discord? She was so stressed, but maneged to decide." I made a promise not to use my element against him, and im going to keep it!" she said, besides, a promise is a promise. She took the skates by the laces and walked past Discord, with her nose high in the air.

The group was so shocked, and Applejack just facehat'd." HAHa,you see? She wants to have fun with me because were freinds. She cant use the elements against me because were freinds. Im free forever, AHAHAHa!" Discord said,just to recevie about one thousand PSI to the face when Specter pulled out his sonic screwdriver and shot a pulse of pressureized air into the face of the draconequus, but lucky for Discord, he was a god basicly, so it was nothing more than a bruise.

"I wont have a freind who cant even treat another freind corectly!" Specter shouted to Discord, who just got up from the blast to the face." And I'M, NOT, YOUR, FREIND!" fluttershy said in a half yell, as she threw the skates away from her.

"Who cares! I could do whatever i want, whenever i want! Im Discord, the master of chaos!" Discord said, just before teleporting behind Fluttershy, with the length of his neck going over her body, and his face above hers." You think you can boss Discord around? You think i'm just going to turn all this back because you say so?Because if i dont, ill loose one of the only freinds i've ever had!" he said, and then it hit him like a brick wall,"i'm.. going to loose my freinds" he thought.

His mood was instantly dampend. He looked back towards the iceskates, which were lying on the ice only a few feet away."Hugh, well played Fluttershy,and spec, well played." he said, his eyes begining to tear up. He then sketed towards a nearby apple tree. He then sat upon it and folded his hands together over his heart. When he did, a wave of magic came from him,and eminated all across the orchard, removing all of the ice, the dams, and making the beavers kind again.

The orchard looked beutifull, and the group of element weilders couldnt be happier. The group huddled around Fluttershy and was cheering for her, seeing as how she showed Discord how much freindship ment to him."I liked it better my way, but, i guess when your freinds, you can't always have things exactly your way all the time, eh?" Discord said, before they all left to head towards ponyville to inform Celestia, all exept one, a petrified Specter, with his eye glowing with a blue aura in the center.
----------

Ponyville, near town square, 1234(12:34), the next day

Twilight had decided to wait till morining to get the letter sent to Celestia, and had gotten Specter back from the orchard, although he was still paralyzed. Discord had volenteered to let the mind probeing happen to him, seeing as how specter would remane paralyzed unless he mind probed. When Specter looked into Discords mind, he saw many thing he knew he should keep secret, such as his relationship with Celestia before he was stoned, and also what he was before he was the god of chaos, AKA, harmony.

When Celestia arived she asked a questian she wanted answerd, was discord ready to use his magic for good? Discord strolled up to the princess and said "Yes, princess, im ready to use my magic for good, instead of evil." he also added a bow, just for effect."Most of the time." he said in a quiet voice, so that celestia couldnt hear. As he rose, Celestia started to speak," Congraduations on your sucess ponies. I definetly sense a big change in Discord." Celestia then leaned close to Twilight and whisperd,"ill leave the Elements of Harmony with you Twilight, just in case."

Twilight nodded her head, besides, why shouldnt they have the elements, they might come in handy. Discord had heard what they said, as was a little shocked about Celestias lack of trust for him." You were right, when you said that Fluttershy would be the one to find a way to reform Discord. By treating Discord as a freind, she got him to relise that freindship, was acctualy important to him,and something that once he had, he didnt want to loose."

Fluttershy jabbed Discord in the leg, since she was small compaired to him, and said" Go on, say it." "Um, ugh, alright, freindship is magic!" Discord said very quicky. Fluttershy then held his right hand, or paw, and said," See, he can be a real sweetheart once you get to know him." Specter leaned close to celestia and whisperd," You know that better than anypony else, if you know what i mean." he said, giving her a wink and a nudge.

She was rather suprised to see that he knew about that, but then again, it could have been one of her thoughts that he had read."Oh, um Spec, i actually have a gift for you, something to help out with that little problem you have." Discord said, pulling out a hankercheif that was wrapped around something.

Specter took the hankercheif, and gently unwrapped it. Inside was an amulet, it looked a bit like a thunder cloud with a thunder bolt on a shield. And then it hit him, this was his lucky amulet"th-th- this is my lucky amulet! i've been looking everywere for it!" Specter said, being full of happyniss, this was the best thing thats happend in days! He gave Discord a great big bear hug, and even heard what sounded like a bone cracking, which he took as a sign to let go."Um, oops.."
----------

Ponyville, near Sugercube Corner, 1758(5:58)

Specter had spent most of the day wandering around Ponyville, mostly to learn were everything was. He was heading to Sugercube Corner because Pinkie asked him to come over at six, and it was almost six. He checked the windows, and saw that the lights were off,"Jee, i wonder why Pinkie called me over?" He sarcasticlly thought.

He walked throught the door, and was suddenly blinded by the light, and nearly made deaf from the amount of ponys who said supprise. As he had expected, Pinkie was throwing a party for him. A party hat was strapped to his head by a familier pink blur, and the defining sound of Pinkie yelling into his ear, saying" I told you i'd throw you a party!" He was right about one thing for sure, pinkie can throw you a party you'll never forget!

Author's Note:

POWER UNLOCKED: MIND PROBE: READ YOUR TARGETS MEMORIES: REQUIRES MAGIC ESSENSE TO USE.
(yes, i will do this for every power he gets, and i will explain essense as the story continues)
ITEMS GAINED:
SONIC SCREWDRIVER: PULSE WAVES OF ENERGY AT MACH-FIVE SPEEDS: REQIRES SOLAR ENERGY TO USE
LUCKY AMULET: GENERATES MAGIC ESSENSE FOR USE IN SPECIAL SPELLS: CAN BE EASILY HIDDEN
(same here)
ABILITIES:
SONIC SCREWDRIVER: CAN FIRE SHOCK WAVES CAPABULL OF KNOWKING OUT A DRAGON AT FULL POWER.
LUCKY AMULET:CAN STORE, ASWELL AS CREATE, MAGIC ESSENSE. ALSO PREVENTS BLACKING OUT WHEN A SPELL IS PREFORMED
(and here)