• Published 16th Jan 2013
  • 7,176 Views, 89 Comments

Dragonball: Equestria Saga - thatoneguy911



Emperor Pilaf wishes Goku away with the Dragonballs. He finds himself in the land of Equestria, where a pegasus named FLuttershy takes him in.

  • ...
8
 89
 7,176

Meeting Rainbow Dash

The sun beats in through the window, illuminating the room and filling the air with the morning heat. Underneath the quilted covers, rested a small figure; completely motionless and oblivious to the world around him. A small sliver of light passed through the curtains, beaming directly onto the boys face. His eyes gently flutter open, his vision returns to him and he lets out a quiet sigh.


That was one of the most comfortable sleeps Goku ever had. This bed was soft, the blankets kept him warm and the pillows were fluffed. Goku was not used to sleeping conditions this nice; he was found constantly sleeping outside in trees, on top of rocks and various hard objects. Even when he slept at Kame House, the beds there were rock solid. He almost wanted to stay wrapped up in a bundle of warmth forever, but that simply wasn't like him. In a single swift motion, Goku tossed the covers off the bed and sprung to his feet, landing on the floor next to him. After slipping on his clothes and grabbing his power pole, he headed down the stairs.



“Fluttershy? Are you down here?” He called out. His voice was only answered by a posse of various forest creatures.


“Are you here?” He tried a second time.


She must not be home. That's a shame, she was really nice. Goku would have liked to at least say goodbye before he left, but he had no time. He had to get moving if he was ever going to find his friends again. Yamcha, Bulma, Puar, Tienshinhan, Chiaotzu, Krillin; they were all probably worried about him by now. What if another villain came around while he was gone? He just barely managed to defeat King Piccolo, and that was with Tienshinhan's help. Only two things were certain to Goku; He had to get much stronger than he was now, and he had to return home. He approached the door and swung it open, letting the sunlight of the outside world beam into Fluttershy's home. Several birds flew in and out of the doorway as Goku stretched his arms, letting out a satisfied grin. The sun was still part way concealed by the horizon, so it was probably earlier in the morning.


'Time for some morning training' Goku thought to himself.


He surveyed the surrounding area for some time before he saw something that made him smile. A giant boulder, roughly three times his size rested down in a meadow not too far from here. It was perfect. Goku rushed down towards the boulder with a huge grin on his face; he knew for sure that this would help him get stronger. He stopped a few feet from the boulder and began to stretch out his legs. Taking in a deep breath, Goku began to beat his chest like a war drum to get himself pumped up. Now that he got his blood pumping, he wrapped his arms around the giant rock as best he could; His arms didn't even wrap around half of the massive stone.


Goku's legs began to shake as he strained his muscles. His face turned a bright shade of red and several veins could be spotted popping out. This boulder must have weighed well over a ton, but Goku kept trying to lift it regardless. Finally, the boulder wedged itself out from the earth and was lifted above Goku's head. A massive grin trickled across his face in light of his achievement. Several cats, rabbits, squirrels and the like gathered around Goku; all of them awestruck by his show of pure strength. However the real show was about to begin. Goku tossed the boulder into the sky and flipped into a handstand. A few moments later, the giant rock came hurling back down. Goku was ready for this however; he caught the boulder with his feet. The force of the rock landing on Goku's feet nearly toppled him over, but he quickly found his balance.


This boulder was quite heavy, and even Goku almost buckled under its weight. Slowly, he began to trudge forward on his hands, all while balancing the boulder.


“Grr...Ughh... T... Twelve miles should do for my w....warmup.” Goku grunted.




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




The sky began to clear up from the morning fog. Birds were flying carefree through the sky and the world seemed much more peaceful than it normally was. All was quiet. That was, until a cyan streak zipped through the sky at blinding speeds. The source of this streak of color was none other than the one and only Rainbow Dash!


Zipping through the air at speeds few could ever hope to match, Dash preforms many death defying stunts. First, the Double Comet Barrel Roll, followed by her famed Buccaneer Blitz. It was truly a sight to behold!



Now normally Rainbow Dash wouldn't be up this early. Being as incredibly awesome as her is hard work, so she needs her rest. Today was an exception however, as she just got out of the hospital. That's right, she dislocated her wing yet again. As talented a flyer she is, it's sometimes hard to keep control while flying at breakneck speeds. She had been confined to her hospital bed for over a week, and Rainbow Dash was not one to be pent up for so long. Having way too much pent up energy, she couldn't get herself to sleep; so she decided to start her morning training session early.



Rainbow stopped momentarily to gaze out as the sun slowly rose above the hilltops. This was a sight she rarely got to see, but she had to admit it was nice. The colors were magnificent; it was a perfect blend of orange, red, yellow and blue. As much as she loathed admitting it, she could be a bit of a softie sometimes. Not that she'd ever admit that to anypony, she had a reputation to keep! That's right, as the local fearless daredevil, she couldn't let the other ponies know that she liked something as tacky as a sunset.




“Ugh, enough of the mushy stuff Dash. Time to get serious!” She muttered to herself.



With that, she shook her head. A look of pure determination overtook her face as fire roared in her eyes. Today was the day. For months now she had been attempting to perfect a brand new trick. In fact, it was this very trick that landed her in the hospital. What sort of trick could possibly give the most amazingly awesome flyer in all of Equestria so much trouble? The one and only Double Twister Barrel Sonic Rainboom. What is the Double Twister Barrel Sonic Rainboom you ask? You start with darting forward at blinding speeds, Then you create the largest tornado you can, then you finish by flying under the tornado and bursting through the top with a Sonic Rainboom! It will be Rainbow's crowning achievement, the move that will guarantee her a spot in the Wonderbolts!


The only problem was that she has yet to even pull it off once. She has gotten much better at preforming the Rainboom, but it's incredibly hard to get enough speed while fighting a full blown twister. Not to mention she tends to lose her balance quite easily about half way up the twister. Today was going to be different though, she could feel it in her gut.


“Let's do this” Rainbow Dash allowed a devious grin to take over her face.


As quickly as a bolt of lightning, Dash raced forward at top speed. Almost instantaneously, Rainbow pivoted her body to the right, causing her to spin in a perfect circle. While maintaining her impressive speed, the wind began to churn. It wasn’t long until an impressive sized tornado began to form. 'Steady... Steady...' was all Rainbow could think. What she had to do next was crucial. In one quick movement, she broke off from the tornado and went straight into a nosedive. Flying this close to the twister was quite difficult. Anypony with a wing power under ten would have been sucked into the large gust of wind. Fortunately for Rainbow Dash, her wing power was nearing twenty. The Instant before she rocketed face first into the ground, she made a sudden change of direction and was now inside the twister. She pushed upwards with all her might, until a cone began to for around her.


'Is this it? Am I finally going to....' Rainbow's thought's were cut off as she, once again, spiraled out of control.


“No no no no no NOOOOO!” She screamed as she rocketed out the side of the tornado.


She was so close, but now she was shooting towards the ground at dangerous speeds. She had to regain control, and she had to do it now. She struggled hard to regain her composure, but it was pretty much a lost cause at this point. As the ground got closer and closer, Rainbow allowed herself one quick peek at what laid below. She was on a crash course with a rather large boulder! She could have sworn that thing wasn't there a second ago! It hardly mattered now, as all Rainbow could do now is brace for impact. This was going to hurt.



CRASH!


“Ow....” was all Rainbow could manage to say.


Her ears couldn't stop ringing. She hit that thing hard, though she was lucky she didn't break anything. She was going to walk away from this, but she was sporting the mother of all headaches. She tried her hardest to get up off of the ground, but that wasn't going to happen just yet. She fell back down onto her stomach. She opened her eyes slowly, though her vision was quite blurry. To put it bluntly, she was practically seeing double. She reached her hoof up to her forehead, it was painful to the touch, causing her to wince with pain. Dash was going to feel this one for a while.


She glances forward and is not staring directly at the giant rock. Rainbow managed to leave a massive crack in the stone; she must have been going faster than she thought. She managed to get back on four hooves when she noticed something out of the corner of her eye. Something brown, something... Hairy?


“What the hay..” Rainbow mutters with a hint of confusion in her voice.


It was a tail! It looked to be a monkey tail, protruding from under the stone. This was bad, was some sort of animal trapped underneath the boulder? Rainbow quickly shook off whatever pain she was experiencing and attempted to lift the boulder. She was just praying to Celestia that the animal was okay; Fluttershy would never forgive her if she accidentally knocked a boulder on top of one of her pets. She pulled with all of her might, but the boulder would not so much as budge.


“Ugh, this thing is a lot heavier than it looks...” Rainbow sadly admitted to herself.


It was painfully obvious at this point that she couldn't lift the boulder, so Rainbow knew there was only one way she was going to free this animal. She was going to have to break the boulder. Rainbow had smashed rocks before; it was a great way to toughen yourself up before preforming a dangerous stunt. However, she's never attempted to break one this big before. Still, she had to try. She leaps backwards and takes position. This was probably going to hurt a lot, but she couldn't let something as lame as pain stop her now. She stomps her hoof into the dirt and takes a crouching stance.



“EEYYYAAAAAAHHHHHH!” Rainbow lets out a fierce war cry as she jolts forward at top speed.



She could never have been prepared for what happened next. The boulder simply exploded into a thousand pieces, and she hadn't even reached it yet. A small figure could be seen speeding through the rock with it's fist held high. Rainbow Dash was so taken off guard that her heart nearly jumped out of her chest. Worse still, she could not stop herself at this point; she was on a crash course with the small creature.


'Well buck...' Rainbow thought to herself as she braced for impact.



SMACK!


The two figures collided in the air with stunning force. They skidded across the hard dirt for at least ten yards before coming to a stop. Rainbow wearily struggled to stand back up, though she could feel a stinging sensation across her hind legs. She was riddled with minor cuts, though she's been through much more devastating crashes. She dusted herself off as best she could before she went to face the creature that she tried to save.


“Ouch! What did you do that for?” The creature spoke in a voice that sounded like a younger colt.


What Rainbow was staring at was definitely no colt. It was about as tall as she was, though it stood up on it's hind legs. It was hairless for the most part, except it has the most ridiculous mane cut Rainbow had ever seen. Stranger still, it had the monkey tail that Rainbow spotted earlier. Also, why was it wearing clothes? Rainbow wasn't exactly the zoologist that Fluttershy was, but she's never heard of an animal like this before. The creature began to spit out clobs of dirt from it's mouth; it looks kind of ticked off.


“Ugh, yeah... Sorry about that. I was trying to...” Rainbow was cut off by the creature.


“Why did you attack me? I was just minding my own business when you knocked me over! That rock almost crushed me!” It said, still rather angry. It took a step towards Dash, now pulling out some sort of red stick.


'Attack him? What the hay! I was trying to save him!' Rainbow Dash thought to herself, now getting a little peeved herself.


Rainbow took a step towards the animal, taking an equally aggressive stance.


“Hey, listen here! I was trying to save you if you hadn't noticed!” She yelled at him.


A look of confusion overtook it's face. It lowered it's stick and put it's hand behind it's head.


“Then why did you knock me over? I didn't need any saving.” It asked, sounding genuinely confused.


Rainbow maintained her aggressive stance. She had no idea if this thing was going to attack her or not, and judging by the way it blew up that boulder, it was probably dangerous.


“Um, sorry about that. I lost control of myself while I was flying, I must have accidentally knocked that boulder on top of you.” She explained, a little embarrassed.


The creature was still eyeing her suspiciously, until his face lit up in excitement.


“Hey! I know what you are! You look like Fluttershy!” It shouted excitedly.


Rainbow instantly lowered her guard and began to approach the animal.


“You know Fluttershy? Well that explains it, you must be one of her animals! Well, any friend of Fluttershy is a friend of mine” Rainbow grinned as she presented her hoof for a hoofshake.


The creature smiled as he met her hoof with his... Claws? Well, they kind of looked like what Spike had, except they were rounded at the end.


“The names Rainbow Dash” She said with pride. “You got a name small fry?” Dash asked with a devious grin.


“My names Goku.”

Author's Note:

Ugh, so almost five months later... So sorry about the wait. I guarantee that from now on updates won't take nearly as long. I've just been dealing with some very important things in regards to my future career, so I haven't had any time to dedicate to this fanfiction.