• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 367 Views, 8 Comments

As Dawn Comes - brony_sketch



Rainbow Dash meets a new pony in Ponyville, who is playing an odd new music. This Pony turns out to be a different pony entirely, and Rainbow Dash is forced on the longest journey she will ever take.

  • ...
 8
 367

Where am I?

Rainbow Dash awoke, feeling queasy. She wasn't in the forest anymore. She let out a huge sigh of relief.

"It was all just a dream... I must have fallen asleep at Pinkie's party. I bet I'm in her bed right now as she sleeps on the floor. She is so nice." Rainbow Dash looked over the side of the bed. Nothing. The room was dark, and she could not see very far in the darkness. Rainbow Dash waited for her eyes to adjust to the darkness. Nopony was there. "Hello?" Rainbow Dash called out, "anypony there?"

There was no response. There was loud clanging noise coming from a another room, then there was an explosion, and a bright flash of light.

Rainbow Dash tried to get out of the bead, causing her to get lightheaded and fall back. "What is wrong? Why am I in pain?" She put her hoof to her head and felt a bandage, covered in dried blood. "Was, what happened, real?" Rainbow Dash was now full of fear. "I need to get away from here now. This could be the place that Vinyl sent her friends. She could be in great danger. She tried getting up again, this time successfully. She felt the floor under her hooves. It was cold and hard, like a... tree. A tree? She was in a tree? Rainbow Dash, wondering where she was, staggered to the door where the light came from.

"Caw Caw CAW."

Rainbow Dash jumped, scared half to death. There was crow, a live one, right next her.

"Hello there Rainbow Dash. How has the flying been?" The crow cocked its head curiously.

"Oh god now I am seeing things." Rainbow Dash couldn't believe that she was this crazy. Talking to a crow, that is low.

"Rainbow Dash, I am real, don't be doubting me. I know you very well. I have been watching you for many years."

"What do you mean by years?" Rainbow Dash asked.

The crow cocked his head. "Long enough to know every single one of your secrets, embarrassments, fears, pet peeves, stories, loves, and friends. You could, actually, consider me as your second personality."

"So you have been... Spying on me?" Rainbow Dash was unhappy to hear that this crow knew everything about her.

"I wouldn't say spying. Think of it more as supervising you." The crow smiled. Well if the crow could smile, then that would have been the point where he smiled.

"Stalker? That makes much more sense." Rainbow Dash frowned, "But why have you brought me here?"

The crow laughed ferociously, "Oh no, have you seen how small I am? I would never consider dragging YOU anywhere. Just think of the pain it would cause me. I'd surely bust a wing, and maybe a leg."

"Oh well aren't you a funny crow..." Rainbow Dash felt a very insignificant hate towards the crow, "In that case, who brought me here?"

"Oh well that will be the boss." The crow cocked his head towards the door, "she is right through there.

"She?" Rainbow Dash felt a great deal of fear. Her heart started thumping faster. "As in Vinyl?"

The crow laughed, "No way that my boss is that pony... Who is Vinyl?"

Reassured, Rainbow Dash trotted to the door.

"Wait for me. I will come with you." The crow flew on to Rainbow Dash's back, and perched there.

Rainbow opened the door and looked through. Much to her surprise, a cloaked zebra stood next to a large glowing pot.

"Hello Rainbow Dash, I see you have awoken." Said the zebra in the middle of the room.

"Why does everypony know my name?" Said Rainbow Dash, almost annoyed.

"That is no thanks to Nathaniel, whom I see you have already met. Actually, I have known you for a very long time now." The cloaked zebra gestured towards the crow on Rainbow Dash's back, "I hope he has treated you well, otherwise..." She cut off before finishing her sentence.

The crow jumped off of Rainbow Dash's back, "Oh please, Zecora don't... I have been good to her, I promise.

"Ok if you say so." Zecora winked at Rainbow Dash, and mouthed, "Gets him all the time."

"So who are you? Zecora? Where am I? And, Why am I here?" Asked Rainbow Dash. She looked around and saw ancient artifacts hanging on the wall. She was indeed inside a tree, her kind of place.

"Rainbow Dash, I am pleased to welcome you to my humble home. I am Zecora the zebra, the savior of the ponies a millennium ago."

Rainbow Dash Stared in shock. "You were the savior of the ponies? I pictured differently... And what do you mean you have known me for a long time?"

Zecora smiled, "Too bad you don't remember me. I have visited you many times before. It just was starting to get dangerous, so I sent Nathaniel out to watch you instead. Rainbow Dash you really should go get more rest, but first. Welcome to your lost bloodline... Welcome... to the Basslars."