• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 368 Views, 8 Comments

As Dawn Comes - brony_sketch



Rainbow Dash meets a new pony in Ponyville, who is playing an odd new music. This Pony turns out to be a different pony entirely, and Rainbow Dash is forced on the longest journey she will ever take.

  • ...
 8
 368

The Encounter

Vinyl sat up quickly. It had been a couple of hours since they started listening to the music. "NO! I almost forgot!"
"Forgot what?" Asked Rainbow Dash lazily as she lifted her head. She had been laying in that position for hours and had not moved an inch.
"I have an interview for my job! In like." She looked at her watch. "Ten minutes! I got to go! Now! Bye!" She turned off the music, sloppily threw on a tie, and stumbled up the stairs without a moment to spare.
When Rainbow Dash emerged from the basement she found Octavia still lying on the couch and moaning. "Oh thank you lord. Thank you lord, the evil music has stopped. Those dreaded mechanical noises where haunting me. So cold."
Ignoring the distraught pony Rainbow Dash said, "Yeah Octavia that music is 20% cooler than anything I've ever heard." She trotted out the door and ran straight into Pinkie Pie. "Pinkie watch where you are going."
"Maybe YOU need to watch where YOU are going." said Pinkie, pointing her hoof at Rainbow Dash.
"Ok fine." Rainbow Dash said smugly.
Pinkie suddenly burst into tears, "Dashie I have been looking for you all morning! We were supposed to hang out today at the beach and go swimming! Remember? But I was there waiting for you, but you didn't come. I was all like 'oh Dashie is always fashionably late. She will be here soon.' So i waited, and waited, and waited, but you never came. so I decided to look for you! And her I am now. Why didn't you come? I thought we were friends..." Pinkie made a sad face and started to dig at the ground with her hoof.
"Of course we are friends Pinkie! I just got a little hung up, you know."
Pinkie started at Rainbow Dash for a while, as if she was trying to stare into her soul. eventually she said, "Okie dokie lokie. But since you couldn't come to the beach. How about I throw Party?!? Could you go tell Fluttershy and rarity? I will go tell Applejack and Twilight! It will be tomorrow. OOOOo I am so excited. See you there. Yippee!" She ran off before Rainbow Dash could even respond.
Rainbow Dash couldn't even remember ever setting up plans with Pinkie. The music must have really had a hook on her. Slightly confused, Rainbow Dash made her way to Fluttershy's cottage.