• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 3,006 Views, 52 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 3: Aliens Among Us - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor and Twilight arrive on the planet of Eugora in 1899 and come across an army base in need of a doctor as well as two enemies that have dark goals in mind.

  • ...
4
 52
 3,006

The Angel's Plan

Chapter 4: The Angel's Plan

Outside the Laboratory Building, Fort Rice, The Forest of Shadows, Eugora, Autumn, 1899 C.E.

The Doctor, Twilight, Florence, and Vincent made it out just as the alarm began to go off. The Colonel's voice then began to ring throughout the facility.

"We have an intruder! Look for the unicorn called Jean Locke! She has been killed and her body is now being used as the host for an extremely dangerous creature. Get her into custody or, if capturing her fails, kill her!" he ordered.

"Florence! Vincent! Do you know where the source for the protective barrier is?" asked the Doctor.

"Yes," said Vincent. "It's in the basement of the fort. We can access it through the library."

"Right! Let's go!"

Library, Fort Rice, The Forest of Shadows, Eugora, Autumn, 1899 C.E.

The library was dark and quiet. Florence tried to turn on the lights but they refused to turn on. Twilight and Vincent lit their horns up to create some form of light source. Twilight normally liked being in libraries but the current situation made goosebumps flow through her body.

"Where's the entrance?" asked the Doctor.

"It should be towards the back," Florence replied.

"Okay. Everypony be careful. Jean could be hiding in here and, from what I've seen, she's not a pony to trifle with. Also, if any of you see a statue with wings...don't take your eyes off of it."

"What do you mean?" asked Twilight.

"I mean don't take your eyes off of it. Don't look away. Don't blink. Just keep your eyes on the statue if you see it."

"Okay. Sounds simple enough," said Vincent. The four ponies then began their trek into the dark depths of the library.

It was certainly spooky. The towering shelves of books looked like giant hungry monsters in the darkness. Twilight kept looking around and far off creaks, groans, and footsteps echoed throughout the building. They eventually made it to the back of the library where a door leading down to the basement stood. Florence was quick to unlock the door with her set of keys. The door flung open revealing a dark staircase.

"After you, Florence," said the Doctor.

"Doctor!" cried Vincent. The Doctor, Twilight, and Florence turned towards Vincent to see that he was staring at something. They looked down the aisle and at the very end there stood a statue. The Doctor's face fell. It was true. One of them was here. The statue had its arms reached out and its face was showing nothing but pure rage.

"Don't blink. Don't turn away!"

"What is it?!" asked Twilight.

"It's called a Weeping Angel. It can't move or hurt you as long as at least one living being is looking at it."

"What do we do now?"

"Florence and I will head downstairs to protect the protective generator. Twilight! You stay here with Vincent and help him fend off that Angel!"

"Okay!"

The Doctor nodded to Florence and they headed down the stairs.

Twilight stood next to Vincent and focused on the statue.

"We should take turns," she said.

"Right," said Vincent as he turned away. Twilight kept her eyes on the statue. Just then, a bug flew past her face. She swiped at it and rubbed her eyes. When she opened them, the statue was now several feet closer. "I thought you said that you'd watch it!"

"I'm sorry! There was a bug!"

"Wait...do you hear something?"

Twilight listened carefully. She could hear footsteps reverberating throughout the library.

"Ready yourself, Vincent. I think we have extra company."

Then she arrived. At the end of a separate hallway, there was Jean the puppet. She laughed as she slowly approached them.

"It seems that the Angel has finally found you," she laughed.

"What do you and the Angel want?!" snapped Twilight.

"It's simple, isn't it? The protective barrier stops my people from invading this fort. However, the Angel has the ability to get through the barrier. Weeping Angels turn to stone when seen by any living being...except a living being that's a member of my people. The Angel is who brought me through the barrier."

"Why can't it freeze when your people see it?"

"Why indeed. I think it's because one member of my people touched it as soon as it appeared in our world through the rift in time and space. We made a deal with the Angel. It agreed to destroy the protective barrier for us...if we helped attract the attention of the Doctor."

"What? How would the Angel know that the Doctor would even come here?"

"The Doctor always comes when there's trouble. Whether he comes intentionally or unintentionally matters not. The point is that the Doctor is finally here and our deal can finally be completed. Here's what's going to happen. I'm going to kill you two, the Angel's going to head downstairs, the Angel's going to kill the Doctor and shut off the barrier, and my people are going to invade this fort."

"Just try to get past us!" said Vincent.

"If you insist."

Jean proceeded to charge at the duo at lightning speed. She jumped into the air and flew towards them. Twilight aimed her horn and shot a blast of magic at Jean. Jean was knocked out of the air and into a nearby table. It didn't take long for her to recover though.

"I'll take care of Jean. You watch that Angel!" Vincent ordered. Twilight nodded and Vincent launched himself at the pony puppet. Twilight turned her attention back to the statue to see that it had jumped forward another few feet.

The Basement, Fort Rice, The Forest of Shadows, Eugora, Autumn, 1899 C.E.

The Doctor and Florence raced down the long staircase until they reached the very bottom. The basement was a large, vast layout of tunnels, rooms, and labs beneath the fort. It was a practical maze.

"So where's the barrier generator?" asked the Doctor.

"It's just down this nearby hallway," said Florence. They turned towards the hallway Florence was referring to and ran down it. The sound of their anxious footsteps echoed through the tunnel as they ran. "You know, I've read countless stories about you."

"A friend of mine told me that some of those stories are completely fictional."

"Well obviously. I mean the main writer was the Great and Powerful Trixie so that's a clear sign."

"Who is this Trixie?"

"I think Ms. Sparkle can tell you more about her than I could."

"She's already got to tell me about Discord but she won't tell me any more until I tell her about the Time Lords."

"Ah. The Time Lords. I remember reading a story about them. I'm sorry for your loss."

"Yeah. I am too."

They soon came to a fork in the road. One of the hallways was pretty short and it led towards a large brown door.

"That should be it," said Florence. The Doctor nodded and they quickly ran for the door.

Library, Fort Rice, The Forest of Shadows, Eugora, Autumn, 1899 C.E.

The possessed Jean was proving herself as an extremely formidable opponent. Vincent found himself pushing his body to the limit as he dodged every single one of Jean's attacks. Twilight was having trouble watching the Angel. Her eyes were drying up and she found herself having to blink every minute or so. Each time she blinked the Angel would move four to five feet closer.

"Why won't you just die?!" snapped Jean as she tossed Vincent into a nearby wall. The pony then charged at Twilight and Twilight turned away from the Angel to face the oncoming Jean. Vincent hit her with a bolt of magic which knocked her down into the basement. Twilight turned back to the Angel to see that it was now towering over her. Vincent helped Twilight up and pushed her towards the door, while keeping his eyes on the Angel.

"We can't let Jean stop the Doctor or Florence from protecting the barrier! Go after Jean. I'll handle the Angel," he said.

"Vincent!" cried Twilight.

"Just go!"

Twilight turned back to Vincent one last time and shut the door behind her. Vincent leaned against the door and found himself literally pinned in-between a rock and a hard place.