• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 2,329 Views, 70 Comments

Tickling Somepony's Fancypants - TheTalentlessPony



When Rarity decides that enough is enough and it's time to get her own special somepony, she heads to Canterlot, calling upon her friend Fancypants to help her find someone perfect. Will she always be blind to the truth?

  • ...
14
 70
 2,329

Relaxation?

"Keys?"

"Check."

"Design Plans?"

"Check..."

"...And what about-"

"RARITY!"

Spike impatiently tapped his foot as Rarity smiled sheepishly. The two were standing outside of Carousel Boutique, and the white mare had been heckling Spike for what felt like hours, checking to make sure that everything was right in the world before she took off.

Don't get her wrong though; Rarity really did trust her assistant. She wouldn't of been doing all this if she hadn't. However, as she always said, "One can never be too cautious or too fabulous; though, I come pretty close in the latter. Ha~"

"I know, Spike, I know. But-"

"-Rairs, c'mon; that fancy-guy is waitin' for ya. I got everything under control, promise!"

Rarity stared at the dragon with a shaky hoof, then nervously turned around, a stunningly-white carraige waiting for her only a few meters away.

"Well..."

Upon thinking for a moment, she stood up straight with a sudden burst of confidence and nodded to Spike.

"Alright; I trust you," she told him with a small smile. Spike just nodded in reply and gestured towards the carriage with a claw, not wanting to delay her any longer. Though hesitant, she eventually picked up her luggage and walked towards the carriage, the driver looking over at her with a smile.

"Shall we be on our way, Miss Rarity?" he asked.

"Ah." Rarity paused at first, then nodded. "Y-yes. Yes, of course!"

With that, she hopped into the carriage, and it took off. Rarity waited until Spike was out of view, then finally let herself breathe a deep sigh.

"Something troubling you?"

"E-eek!"

Rarity jumped a bit, glancing over to the other side of the carriage. It was Fleur De Lis, Fancypants' star model.

"O-oh, Fleur... you frightened me!" Rarity said in surprise.

"Sorry, Rarity." Fleur De Lis giggled a bit. "But you seemed so distracted. It's not like you," she told her.

"Why are you even here?" Rarity asked, completely straying from her friend's question.

"Fancypants didn't want you being alone for the whole ride, so he asked me if I could hop in the carriage right before it left to get you.

"O-oh... that was nice of him..."

Fleur De Lis nodded, then chuckled a bit, knowing that Rarity had still not responded to her.

"So?"

"...So...?"

"Your sighing, dear! What's troubling you?" Fleur De Lis asked, sliding her hooves over Rarity's foreleg in an insistent manner.

"Ah... that,"

"Yes. That."

"Well." Rarity took a moment to breathe before answering any sort of question. "Honestly, it's a bit complicated."

"Tell me anyway." Fleur De Lis was persistent.

"Firstly... I don't know if Fancy's-" Rarity took a short pause as her friend giggled at Fancypants' nickname. "-told you at all, but I'm looking for my one true love; a stallion who can completely steal my heart away!"

Fleur De Lis made a face that Rarity couldn't place, but she continued on with her explanation anyway.

"Ponyville's absolutely overrun with stallions who are already taken, so I decided to talk to Fancypants about moving up to Canterlot for a while; just until I find somepony. He was kind enough to let me stay in his wonderful abode, but..." The purple-maned mare looked downwards, mindlessly caressing the seat with a hoof. "I don't know. I always try to stay confident and fabulous-"

"Of course," Fleur De Lis cut it with a giggle.

"-but I worry that I'll become a burden for him if I stay too long. Not only that, but what if I can't even find a nice stallion? I left Spike with taking charge of the Boutique, and if he has to stay there for weeks on end, he'll get overworked. Then-"

"Rarity," the pink-maned mare interrupted, sounding a bit strict.

"Y-yes?" Rarity squeaked, a bit surprised at the sudden tone in her friend's voice.

"Forget about all that for now, alright? I know that I'm not as close to you as Fancypants is, but I do know that you're an extremely generous pony. You give so much, and have been doing nothing for yourself lately. Maybe it's time you relax, stop worrying, and start thinking about what's best for you."

"You... you think so?"

"Mmhm. Absolutely."

Rarity leaned back against her seat, staring at the ceiling. Thinking about it, she realized; she felt tired. She was exhausted. Her hair had split ends and she had been working so very hard lately. The workload she had been giving herself had been too much; she was just too giving to notice.

Finally, she let out a sigh and closed her eyes. "I think... I think you're right, Fleur."

"Good." She felt a gentle hoof pat her foreleg as Fleur De Lis spoke to her. "Now, how about getting some sleep?"

"Mmm. Sleep sounds... nice." Rarity let out a tired groan and laid down on the seat; the best bits could buy, she assumed, as it was fuzzy and comfortable.

"Now rest... I'll wake you when we arrive in Canterlot."

"Yes... Canterlot... My... my perfect stallion."

There was a small silence, but Rarity was drifting off so quickly that she hardly noticed.

Fleur De Lis' voice of mixed emotions was the last thing she heard.

"Yes... your perfect stallion. You'll... you'll find him."