• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 3,061 Views, 40 Comments

Forgotten Son - loststone



1 of Lunas greatest secrets is revieled in this story of one of the people invoved in her banishin

  • ...
12
 40
 3,061

Chapter 4

"Now let's see what would be best to remove those pesky wings of yours'?" Luna found herself saying looking down at an assortment of knifes and hacksaws. "Its a shame really they are one of our favorite colors." She turned around and looked at the young colt strapped down to a table behind her. She giggled to herself before turning back around."Ahhh. I think this one will do just nicely."

She had picked up a butchers knife and walked over to the colt. Blood was running down his forehead already mixing with the tears pouring from his eyes. Luna took a position behind his head and whispered in his ear "Now we promise that this is going to hurt allot more than that first round we just finished Dawn Bringer." She giggled to herself again raising the knife above her head and bringing it down.

The cleaver did its job perfectly cutting through the skin and under developed bones with ease. Luna then moved to the screaming colts other side and quickly repeated the action calling forth another high pitched scream of pain. She then put the knife back on the table she had retrieved it from and replaced it with a much smaller scalpel knife.

Moving herself closer to his head again she spoke the last words in his ear."Don't worry we won't kill you nephew we are just going to make sure you cannot tell anypony of what you saw us do today, and we are not talking about this last hour we have been spending together." She then moved down to his throat positioned the scalpel just under his chin and pushed.


Luna shot straight up in her bed breathing heavily, looking around quickly. Her bed and coat were covered in sweat. She was shaking uncontrollably as the vivid scenes she had just witnessed flashed before her eyes. Looking at her hoof as she remembered the feel of the cleaver as it slipped through the wings of the colt she had tortured. Of the warmth of his blood hitting her face as it spurted out of his wounds.

Luna tried to calm down as she looked around her room. Her breathing slowed down but the tremors running through her body did not. She beat her hoof against her head trying to forget the horrible things she had just seen herself do. Feeling her last meal moving up her throat at an alarming rate she quickly dashed off to the bathroom.

After emptying her stomach she heard a knock on her bedroom door."Princess Luna a Miss Twilight Sparkle is here to see you." A guard called to her. After hearing this she felt allot better as she sorted out the mess she had made on herself. Telling the guard to let Twilight in she tried to put on a pleasant smile. She watched as the lavender pony entered the room.

"It's so good to see you again Princess Luna. Are you ready for the trip to Ponyville?" Twilight said as she entered the room with a smile on her face."I was so happy when you agreed to help me research the effects of Gallsahvien salve on the different trees of the Everfree forest."

Luna smiled at the little pony in front of her."It's good to see you to Twilight, but what did I tell you about just calling us Luna?" Twilight giggled at this looking in to the face of her mentor's sister. Luna was obviously having a bit of trouble not speaking how she used to a thousand years ago. They gave each other a short hug before moving to the door that lead out of Luna's room."Before we leave I wish to speak to my sister about something that is troubling me." She then turned to her guards before saying, "Guards, please escort Miss Twilight down to my carriage, I will be down there shortly."

Twilight said goodbye and left with the guards. Luna quickly turned and went down the halls that lead to her sister's study. They didn't have any windows in them, instead the walls were covered with the pictures of ponies that had done heroic act or great deed to help Equestria. Luna always felt uneasy when she past the pictures never looking at their eyes.

The Door to the study came into view as she rounded the last corner. Just as Luna was about to knock on the door to her sister's study, they opened and Celestia was standing there with a hint of fright in her eyes. "Umm, I take it you already know why I am here sister." Luna said in a shy voice.

Celestia looked at her sister for a moment then asked "The nightmares again?"

"Yes, but this time it was much worse."Luna said as she entered the study. She then sat down on one of the couches in front of the fire place. Celestia floated over a quill and parchment, sitting across from Luna as she wrote down what her sister could remember of the nightmare."...and that's when I woke up."Celestia then moved up to her sister who was on the verge of tears and wrapped a hoof around her.

"You know that I am always here for you Luna. Don't let these dreams eat away at you, nothing good will come of it. Now I do believe that there is somepony waiting for you down stairs." she then broke the contact between them. "Now go have some fun with Twilight, she has been looking forward t this for the last month. Oh...and don't worry about raising the moon tonight I'll take care of it."

Luna thanked her sister as she walked out of the study with a small smile, she always felt better after telling her sister of the horrible dreams that she had been getting. They had been coming to her ever since she was freed from Nightmare Moon. Every few months she would get a different dream of some past wrong doing she had done wile under the control of Nightmare Moon. But last night's dream was different she couldn't remember doing that and it was so much more vivid then all the rest.

She soon made her way out to the carriage that would carry her and twilight to Ponyville. Soon they were off and heading to the colorful town that was barely visible in the distance.

By the time they had arrived in Ponyville Celestia's sun had nearly set in the distance. As they walked around town Twilight and Luna soon noticed that something was off about their surroundings. Every house that they passed was dark and there was no other ponies walking around on the streets. Even if it was nearly night there shouldn't be such a lack of life in the streets.

As they neared the center of town they saw two ponies coming from the direction of the hospital. Luna quickly grabbed twilight and ran behind a house. Both of them looked around the corner as the two ponies came nearer. One was the unicorn Rarity, she was smiling wile talking to a dark colored stallion. Both of the hiding ponies gasped as they got a better view of him. He was the most massive stallion they had ever seen and his hair flowed like it was being blown in the wind even though there wasn't any. They also noticed three long scars on is side as he walked past them. He was smiling at the shorter pony nodding his head every so often as she continued to talk to him. But never saying a word back to her.

Twilight looked at Luna and asked if they should go out and greet the two. Luna only shook her head as she gave twilight a look that said 'let's see what happens'. They followed the two ponies till they stopped at the door of Sugercube Corner the bakery of Ponyville. Suddenly realizing what was about to come Twilight giggled to herself. The large stallion opened the door to the bakery and stepped inside slowly as he looked around cautiously. Just as he entered the room the likes turned on and the two hiding ponies could hear a loud "SURPRISE!" come from the bakery. The stallion suddenly fell back as he was suddenly startled, realizing what had happened.

After entering the bakery Rarity closed the door behind her and the two hiding ponies came out from behind the house.

"Who was that. I don't think I have ever seen a pony as big as him he is even bigger than you Luna." Twilight said looking at the princess.

"I don't know but he seems very familiar for some reason, I just can't put my hoof on it." Luna replied."But as much as my curiosity wishes for me find out I'm just too tired to find out." She let out a long yawn wile trying to keep her eyes open.

"Ok let's head over to the library then. I need to sort out some supplies for tomorrow anyway." Twilight said before getting up and heading in the direction of the library. Luna followed and they soon found themselves walking through the doors. Luna went straight up to the bed wile Twilight stayed down stares looking for the supplies they would need the next day to conduct the research she had mentioned before. She would need to buy a few things to be ready but since everpony was at the party she would have to wait till tomorrow morning. Walking over to the couch she laid herself down and fell asleep.






In the next Chapter I will be skipping back to the day before the party mentioned above, right before Bronze, Rainbow, Applejack, and Fluttershy enter Ponyville.