• Published 20th Jan 2012
  • 3,061 Views, 40 Comments

Forgotten Son - loststone



1 of Lunas greatest secrets is revieled in this story of one of the people invoved in her banishin

  • ...
12
 40
 3,061

Chapter 10

It was late in the day when Luna had approached the main doors that lead into the palace. Her head was hanging low from the shame of what she had done. The guard ponies that passed her could see bags under her eyes and dried tears on her cheeks, but none of them made a move to see what the problem was. They just stood there watching Luna as she passed them with serious looks on their faces.

Luna felt as if they knew what she had done as she passed through the big doors, never lifting her head for anypony. She walked through the palace slowly making her way to the study where she knew her sister would be. It took her a good five minutes to finally reach Celestia’s study.

As she neared the doors a fresh batch of tears started to run down Luna’s face hitting the polished stone floor below her. She stopped in front of the wood doors and put her hoof on them letting out a sob before opening the doors. Celestia was sitting on a couch near the fire place reading a book. She looked up at the movement of the doors opening.

“Luna you’re back early, how did it go wi-“Celestia stopped when Luna was close enough that she could see the tears running down her sister’s face. She dropped the book and ran over to her sister. “What’s the matter Luna!? Did something go wrong with you and Twilight?”Celestia said wrapping her sister in a hug.

Luna just dug her face into her sister’s chest causing Celestia’s coat to get matted down with her tears. They stayed like this for a full ten minutes before Celestia pushed her sister back and looked her in the face. She wiped away the tears on her sister’s face with one of her hoofs.

“Luna I can’t help you unless you tell me what is wrong. Now what is it that has put you in this horrid state?”

Luna just looked at her sister for a few seconds before letting out a new wave of tears. “I-I-I found him sister. I found the pony from my last dream.”

Celestia looked at her sister with confusion. “What do you mean you found him, how can that be possible.”
Luna then told Celestia of how there was a new pony in Ponyville, how he had the same dark coat and flowing mane as the one in her dream. That he was an alicorn that was missing his wings, horn and that he couldn’t talk. Finally Luna told Celestia of her visit to the hospital and everything Nurse Redheart had told her.

After Luna had finished she let out a loud sob. Celestia was trying to process what she had just heard. It was unbelievable, Luna had actually done those things, she always knew that Nightmare Moon was evil but not that evil. Also the fact that the young colt turned out to be an alicorn all along puzzled her to no end.

She was about to say something to try and comfort her sister, but as her mouth opened Celestia felt an immense surge in magic rising in the distance. She looked in the direction of the Everfree forest as the magic seemed to be heading towards them at a rapid pace. Luna had sensed the magic as well and her head turned to face the direction it was originating from.

Suddenly it hit the two princesses, their eyes started to glow as images of their pasts flashed through their minds. Luna was rolling on the floor screaming in pain holding her head in her hooves. Celestia just stood in place grinding her teeth together as her memories returned to her.

At the sound of Luna’s screams guard ponies burst into the room rushing up to the princesses. They only made it within five feet of the two before an explosion came from in between the sisters sending the guard ponies flying into the walls of the study. Luna and Celestia were also sent flying back into opposite walls making loud thuds as they fell to the floor.

Celestia was the first one to recover, getting up shaking her head. She looked around the room dazed and bewildered as she tried to find out what happened. There was a black crater in the middle of the room where she and Luna had just been.

A large grin spread across Celestia’s face as her eyes fell upon the midnight blue alicorn slowly rising on the other end of the room. She let out a giggle. “Why hello sister…long time…no see!”

----------------------------------------------------------

A blast sent Bronze flying back from the exorcist tree and the shock wave of the blast sent Twilight onto her back. He flew for what seemed forever before Nardien caught him in one of his massive knobby hands. Bronze let out a silent scream as his newly regained memories ravaged his mind.

He bucked his legs forcing Nardien to hold him down on the ground so he wouldn’t hurt himself. Tears ran down his face as he wriggled under the massive hands, the pain he was experiencing was unbearable for him. It was like a migraine headache on steroids that you could only get from being strapped to a chair and forced to listen to Pinkie Pie’s rambling for hours on end through a system of speakers turned up to the setting “Bleeding ears”.

He then felt something touch his head and the pain was replaced by a warm soothing feeling. Nardien had let go of Bronze as he looked up at what stopped the thrashing pony.He fell on his backside in shock of who it was before stuttering out three words.

“M-m-mistress Green Bark!”

Bronze looked up at what had rescued him from the hell that was just rampaging through his mind. It or should I say she was a creature that he could hardly believe he was looking at.

She stood tall on two hind legs much like with Nardien but in much better proportion to her body. She also had two arms similar to Nardiens but nowhere near as thick and they hung at her sides just below her hips. Her body was made up of light green vines that had a dark blue light coming from in between them. Her face was similar to a ponies but with a shorter nose and smaller eyes that radiated with a kindness that could tame any wild beast. Instead of having hair she had a mess of colorful flowers that shot out on either side of her head each ending with a single pink rose in full blossom hanging from a thin vine making them face downward.

Bronze couldn’t move as he watched her back away from him with such grace and beauty it would make Rarity and Fluttershy jealous. She smiled at him filling his being with warmth as she offered him a hand up. He gladly took it moving up on his hooves never taking his eyes off her, not even to blink.

Twilight was just now getting back on her hooves from the explosion that had pushed her away from Bronze. She gasped at how her surroundings had changed having a hard time believing that she was still in the same cave.

The sanctuary was now filled with life. The once dead grass underneath her was now green, there were rose bushes around the base of the hill, and a small moat filled with clear blue water behind the bushes. A small path made up of white marble stones ran down from the hill and ended at a little red bridge that stretched over the moat. Around the walls of the cave were an assortment of trees she had never seen before, their bark was pure white and the leaves they bore were like small gold coins. Hanging from the top of the cave where long vines covered with large teardrop shaped leaves. A small light blue wisp circled around the end of each vine filling the sanctuary with light. The air was no longer dry and filled with a bitter taste, instead it was moist and tasted sweet like honey dew.

The biggest change to the sanctuary was the Exorcist tree itself. No longer did it look like a dried up little sapling, instead it was a huge full grown tree that reached all the way up to the ceiling. Its bark had turned into a deep shade of purple and its maple shaped leaves were as white as snow. On each branch there was an assortment of glowing blue acorns that made it look like it was covered in party lights.

Her mind then turned back to Bronze and looked around for him. He was standing next to what she guessed was Lady Green Bark and they seemed to be waiting for her. She quick made her way up to the two and sat next to a smiling Bronze.

Green Bark then looked the two over before saying, “Thank you both for not only reviving me but also saving my beautiful Tol’kei,” Her voice was like a calm and cool slow moving brook but still had all the authority of a god in it. “and thank you Nardien my most faithful servant for bringing them to me.”

Nardien bowed putting his head to the ground as she spoke to him. ”Mistress I am not worthy of your praise, I took too long to find the source of the magic and if it wasn’t for Miss Twilight here you wouldn’t have been revived.” Lady Green Bark walked over to him and raised his head off the ground so she could look into his eyes.

“Do not fret about what you did and did not do, that is in the past now and you deserve a gift for your loyalty.” Her left hand lit up with blue light enveloping him in a tornado of rose peddles.

When the peddles fell to the ground Nardien had a new form much like his mistress'. He was slightly shorter than her now and the vines that made up his body were a dark gray color and his chest radiated with yellow light. On top of his head were two branches that shot out from either side that were shaped like the antlers of a deer. His face was narrow and looked as if it belonged to a feline of some kind.

He looked down at his new body. “Lady Green Bark, I am not deserving of such a gift.”

“Nonsense you have been wandering this for over a millennia and have earned this. Anyway I will need someone to help me retake my beautiful forest and purge it of the evil that has made home in it.”

Nardien was speechless as he looked at his master. Tears of joy started to form in his eyes before he quickly forced them away.

Green Bark then turned to the two ponies. “Do not think I have forgotten about you two. Both of you shall receive gifts for your service towards me and the forest around you.” She looked down at Twilight who was unable to move.

“Miss Twilight Sparkle for your service to me and the forest I give you the seed of Tol’kie.” She said lifting one of her hands up to pluck one of the glowing acorns from the tree, giving it to Twilight who put it in her saddlebag with care.”Plant it in a place where many ponies will be able to come to it so they can be cleansed of all harmful spells put on them. But remember it will only feed on magic so to get it to grow you will need to feed it constantly.

She then turned to Bronze with sadness in her eyes. “And for you poor Dawn Bringer, or as you are now called Bronze Night, I shall give you three gifts for your service to me and the forest. Now I shall restore unto you was taken from you so long ago.”

Her hands lit up with blue light making Bronze start to float in mid air. Suddenly a great flash of light came from him, illuminating the sanctuary. Bronze felt a throbbing sensation coming from his back and head.

When his hooves touched the ground again he staggered a little as he began to lose balance, it felt like there were massive weights on his back. When he looked back to see what was causing the difference in weight, his eyes saw a long purple thing protruding from his forehead. He looked at it for a few seconds before realizing it was a horn. His eyes then lowered to look upon two massive wings that had appeared on his back.

Bronze walked in circles to try and get a better look at his new wings before Lady Green Bark spoke up again.

“Now Bronze try stay still so I can give you my second gift.” He immediately stopped walking in circles and sat down in front of her. “Now lift you head so I can see your neck.”

Bronze obey her order and lifted his neck so that the scar under his chin was exposed. Green bark looked it over and slowly moved her long index finger towards it. The scar glowed with light as the finger came into contact with it. Bronze felt an itchy sensation in his throat and began to cough uncontrollably.

“Now speak so we may listen to you new voice”

At hearing this he looked at Lady Green Bark with disbelief, then he felt a hoof at his side. He looked down at the lavender pony who gave him a smile. “Go ahead Bronze I can’t wait to hear your voice.” Twilight said in a very reassuring voice.

He took a deep breath and opened his mouth, “I don’t know what to say.” Twilight face hoofed before noticing how pleasant it sounded. His voice was deep and rich like a silky chocolate.

“Well how bout you start with a thank you silly.” Twilight said giving him with a nudge with one of her hoofs.

“Oh sorry…oh I mean thank you Lady Green Bark, I love my new voice and I can hardly express my joy.” Bronze was blushing at this point but he still had a large grin on his face.

She smiled at him before her face grew very grim. “I’m happy that you like it so much but try and suppress your excitement for a moment. This next gift I shall give you is because your journey is not over yet, when the spell around you was broken so to were the spells placed around Luna and Celestia.”

At hearing this Twilight’s ears perked up. “What do you mean the spells around the Princesses were broken? I though Bronze here only had a spell put on him.”

“My dear Twilight Sparkle that is a story for another time that only Bronze here can tell you, but for now just listen. When the spells were broken Celestia’s and Luna’s old personalities returned to them I’m sure you know what that means Bronze. Luna will fail as she did before and that is where this third gift comes in.”

Lady Green Bark moved up to Bronze and embraced him by wrapping her arms around him. “I grant you all my knowledge in the field of magic so you will be able to do what needs to be done.”She whispered in his ear before moving one of her hands to the back of his head. She then extended one of her fingers and plunged it into the base of his skull where his brain stem was.

Bronze gasped in shock as the finger penetrated his neck. He tried moving back from Green Bark but she held him tight as she started to course magic through her finger. Suddenly a massive amount of information poured into his mind.

Learning all the spells that were coursing through his mind at the moment was like remembering something he had forgotten. It was like he already knew the spell and he was just being reminded of how to use them. Included in the mess of spells he was learning was a basic instruction on how to fly, what weather patterns he should avoid, and how to do a limited amounts of tricks while flying.

When Lady Green Bark was finished giving him this new information, Bronze doubled over and vomited. He couldn’t help it his body was in too much shock at the moment from all that had happened in the last five minutes. He then cast a spell that he had just learned to settle his stomach.

“Rise Bronze and return to your rightful place in this world. Now go time is running short and soon it will be too late.”

At this point Twilight was completely lost about what everpony was talking about, but she didn’t have time to ask questions because a green light had enveloped her and Bronze followed by a familiar pulling sensation. The two of them found them standing back at the cave where they had been at earlier in the day, the sun was low in the sky and was about to set.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nardien walked up to his mistress after teleporting the two ponies back to the cave and gave her a very concerned look. She was smiling while looking up at Tol’kie.

“My Lady if you don’t mind me asking, why did you give the alicorn all that information about magic?”

She looked down from the tree and looked at her servant. “Because my dear Nardien I have a plan to make sure my Tol’kie never goes hungry again.”

“And what plan would that be My Lady?”

“You will see in due time, but for now we must prepare for another guest.”



Dun...dun...DUN! Hoped you guys like the cliff hanger, and i hoped you guys liked the chapter. The next one was a bit hard to write but I think I did pretty good at it hopefully it will be out soon. As usual thank you for reading and thank you for sticking with me.