• Published 9th Jan 2013
  • 774 Views, 20 Comments

The Menacing statue - Prince Laviere



this story is abotu a changeling that was being used as a statue, as it was not born alive, and somehow ends up inhabited by a soul not from equestria

  • ...
8
 20
 774

Museum

Celestia is currently walking through the royal castle, her faithful student in toe behind her, along with the normal troupe of her Solar guards they have recently learned that Changelings have a chance of being borne without a soul, why does that matter? the soul inhabitants the brain and lets creatures live. most ponies would not think about that more than a second, however, after Twilight learned of this she was ECSTATIC! this meant that the Museum of sentient equestrian life could, in fact, be completed. what is this "Museum of Sentient Equestrian Life"? it is a Museum Equestria's solar princess Celestia has been wanting to catalogue every intelligent creature within the bounds of her kingdom. they have preserved bodies and ponyquinns of all sorts of things, Diamond Dogs, several different ages and sub species of dragons, one Pegasus, Unicorn, and Earth Pony, Timber wolves. however, for Timber wolves they are considered only sentient because of the ability to communicate with one another and to plan, but are not considered highly intelligent, and this is stated within the museum so nopony gets confused about it. Minotaur, and, now, because of the information Twilight Sparkle has uncovered, they are getting 2 different changeling statues, or, more acuratley, empty changeling bodies, one with the royal armor and one without. Celestia however would not inform Twilight as to HOW she acquired them, but has chosen not to ask to many questions on the subject, as there must be a perfectly good reason why she won't tell her.

Now, back to the what's happening, Celestia and Twilight are currently following a powerful and odd burst of magic, it is very late, or technically early, around 1:30 AM to be precise, that has gone through the museum, they are following it, through most of the museum. This is VERY unsettling to say the very least, as in the morning (at a more reasonable time) will be the opening of the museum. They follow the magical interference to the Changeling exhibit which has JUST been put in place, they're currently colorless, empty gazes looking out, "the eyes are the window to the soul" was actually made by changelings, because the color of their eyes name which type of class they are. as these are empty, they are classless.
Now, most ponies would have an odd interest in this, at most an unsettling curiosity, however, this is Twilight Sparkle and Celestia, the two most magical and intelligent minds in all of Equestria (evil-doers and Star-swirl the Bearded not withstanding) they are absolutely TERRIFIED of what could be happening. as they reach the room with the changelings in it, they are horrified, the unarmored changeling "statue"'s eyes are now colored, a light blue color, but has a pupil unlike normal changelings, and it is blinking, which, considering the fact that this creature had no soul to use to live a few moments ago, and was nothing but a husk, would scare most sensible ponies, and has Celestia unnerved. However, her Protege Twilight seems just plain fascinated.

"Princess, did we just witness a dead changeling that was borne dead... come to life?"said protege questioned, her eyes looking like they were about to squeeze themselves out of there sockets. Celestia however could not answer her student, because she was having trouble thinking at the moment.

The statue however did answer for her "I am not entirely sure who or what you are, all I know is i'm not dead. how to speak, breath, and otherwise not be dead. and am hoping I understand how walking works. I also would like to know why the guys in the armor are pointing sharp things I presume to be swords and spears at me...."

Unfortunately for him, they didn't notice him speaking nor did they care. To the guards, he was a menace and an enemy to the kingdom and all of Equestria, and they were going to stop him at all costs. The guard Captain tackled the new-to-life changeling to the ground before twilight pulled him off with her magic. to her dismay, he was unconscious.

Celestia finally spoke up "We have to study this, get it a room somewhere in the castle grounds, get me all and any doctors who know anything at all about changeling organs and such, or know anything about keeping them alive. And also make sure it doesn't escape, so if possible get a room without a window or balcony." The captain of the guard was slightly dumbfounded but did order the soldiers to do as such.

"Princess, do you think it is a spy or something? he seemed fairly nonchalant about it if he was. or is at least a very bad spy."

"no Twilight. I do not think he is either of those, but I also want to know everything we can about him, and how he came to be alive. and if Possible make sure he does not want to become a part of the changeling hive. you may want to get your friends, make sure they understand what happened though, we don't want Applejack or Rainbow Dash attempting to kill him"

"Yes Princess!" Twilight quickly bowed before teleporting to her room to send some letters. The Princes stayed behind and walked to where the still-a-statue changeling before nervously prodding it with a hoof. apparently pleased that it wasn't going to come to life as-well, she walked through the rest of the museum and through the castle, towards her own room, for it was still within her Sisters reign, and she was very tired still.

Meanwhile in Ponyville Applejack was up early(or at least earlier than usual) looking up to the stars, she sensed somethign was about to happen, or that something WAS happening to be more precise. and was now looking up into the night sky. if asked why she was outside she honestly couldn't answer, and if questioned about why she was looking at the stars, she would answer that it just felt right.

In the same town of Ponyville in Sugarcube Corner in her bed Pinkie was shaking about in some weird way, likely her Pinkie sense doing it's Pinkie sense stuff. if she were awake she would likely know that a being from another universe had just come through after it's untimely demise and was now inhabiting a beforehand empty Changeling shell. but, she WAS asleep and there fore didn't. after the shaking subsided, she awoke in a start "I swear something just happened. HMMMM-" and before she could ramble to herself about getting to the bottom of it she fell back asleep.

Author's Note:

I currently have no editor, so if there is any problems spelling wise. please inform me. I deleted the last story I had made, I had no more inspiration for it. if you have any Tips or anything like that, please put them in the comments. thank you very much.