• Published 7th Jan 2013
  • 1,826 Views, 66 Comments

The Cloud of Dusk - Goodbye1234567890



A human gets int a freak accident and dies, only to wake up in a certain purple unicorns room.

  • ...
33
 66
 1,826

Chapter 1

All I remember was falling. Everything was red, and then it was black. It was cold, so cold, as if the sun was gone. It was dark, darker than space. Suddenly a flash of light blinded me. I heard the most beautiful sound I've ever heard, as if it were a beautiful princess singing, but talking at the same time.

"Dusk Cloud," said the voice, "you are destined for greatness. You shall plunge our world from great darkness."

"Who are you? How do you know who I am? Where am I? Why does my face hurt?" I asked.

"All will be revealed in time."

Then I started to fall. I felt myself falling through clouds; gasps were all around me as I fell. I only heard them for a split second. I suddenly slowed down and touched solid ground. The last thing I heard was a female voice saying, "oh my god! Are you okay? Oh crap, he's fading! We got to get him somewhere safe! Hurry!"

When I woke up my legs wouldn't work. I was in a large room, filled with books. I tried to stand, but found I couldn't. I looked down to see my body was covered with a blanket. I slowly started to remember things. That my name is Dusk Cloud, I am 18 years of age (in human years), and I have an IQ of over 200. After about ten minutes of remembering, my legs began to work. I tried to stand on my two legs, but for some reason I couldn't. I looked down and saw I had no hands or feet, but instead were hooves. I followed those hooves and saw a light blue body, and an indigo colored tail. I closed my eyes and hoped it was a bad dream, and looked at my behind again. I had a tail.

"What the hell? I'm a pony?" I said quietly as I brought my hooves to my head to check for a horn, and my body for wings, "dammit, just an earth pony... oh well it was fun while it lasted," I punched myself in the gut. I didn't wake up, "maybe not hard enough?" I punched myself again, with no outcome but some baby barf. I was a pony. And what happened next proved it further.

"Oh, you’re awake! I knew you had it in you!" said the same female voice I so vaguely remembered.

"Okay, now I know this is a dream. There is no way the real Twilight Sparkle is right in front of me, talking to me. And no way I that I am a pony."

"Are you okay? Because you look like a normal pony to me," said Twilight.

"Yes, I am okay. I am in a dream, and that means that I can do this," I said as I tried to stick my hand through her. I couldn't, "uuuhhhhhhhhhh," I tried again, and everything went black.

When I woke up, Twilight was staring down at me, "Are you sure you’re okay?" she asked as I struggled to my hooves, "I am the one who found you. Well actually you sort of found me. You were falling when I saw you. I slowed you down and ran over to help you. You were bleeding pretty badly. I carried you to my house, which is where we are now."

"I can tell," I said, "never thought I'd be in here, in person."

"So where are you from? I don't think I know you, but yet you know who I am," she asked.

"I am from Earth, the land of the humans. There is actually a show about this place, about Equestria. You’re in it, so are the others? Everyone here is in it. Well almost everyone," I explained. I suddenly realized that I had just broken the fourth wall, and shielded myself. When I realized nothing was happening, I stopped shielding myself.

"Do you have someplace to stay?" asked Twilight, "oh, yeah, right. You can stay here with me. I don't have any open rooms, so you are going to have to stay here. There’s an extra bed in that closet, let me get it for you."

"No, I got it," I said without thinking. I opened the closet, saw the bed and concentrated on it. It lifted out of the air and floated into the room and to a wall. When I got back into the room, Twilight's jaw hit the ground.