• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 941 Views, 17 Comments

The Check-Up Blues - XSomeGuyX



The Cakes are trying to get Pinkie to her annual doctor's appointment but nothing's that simple when it involves Pinkamena Diane Pie. It will take the joint forces of her friends in order to drag her to that appointment on time.

  • ...
0
 17
 941

Smooth Mirror Move

Smooth Mirror Move

“Applejack! Pinkie Pie!” Twilight shouted as she walked through the trash filled rooms. “APPLEJACK!!!”

The purple pony knew that her country friend had entered the apartment and as far as the others outside knew, she was still inside. Twilight patrolled the apartment with her glowing horn. After seeing what had happened to the previous attempts to drag Pinkie out, her paranoia was at a peak. She hugged the walls as she cautiously peaked around corners and constantly watched her flank.

“Applejack!” Twilight continued to call, worried about how her mission might be turned into search and rescue.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

The call had echoed through the apartment and reached the two earth ponies in Pinkie’s bedroom. Pinkie was busy wrapping her friend with a large length of licorice rope, enough to not allow the hard worker to escape. Applejack was unconscious; however her groans and moans were signaling her close awakening.

“Oh no! Twilight’s already here, Gummy!” Pinkie Pie whispered loudly to her pet alligator.

“Uh… oh… Pinkie?” Applejack woke with a bit dazed. “Pinkie, what in tarnations are you doin’?”

“I’m sorry, Applejack, but I can’t go to that doctor’s appointment! Not with all those pointy needles and cold stethoscopes, every year it’s the same thing…” the pink pony said with a shiver.

“Pinkie, it’s not all that bad…” Applejack said, trying to get the pink pony to come to her senses.

“I can’t…” Pinkie Pie said as she sat with her back turned to her friend. “It’s too scary…”

“But, Pinkie, are you the one who taught us to giggle at the ghosties? Don’cha remember?” the blond farmer asked her friend.

“Come on, Gummy,” Pinkie Pie ordered as her pet chewed on Applejack’s hat. “We have to get ready for Twilight…”

The pony turned around and tied two line of licorice rope around her friend’s mouth to serve a gag.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Applejack! Where are you?” Twilight continued to explore the dark apartment as carefully as she could. Hearing something move with a scurry behind her, the purple unicorn followed it. It moved quickly through the house before eventually trapping itself in the bathroom as it hid behind the shower curtain.

“I got you now, Pinki…” Twilight paused as she saw who she had been following the whole time was none other than her friend’s oblivious pet alligator. “Gummy?”

The alligator merely swam around in the bathtub and chewed on squeaky, rubber duck. It did not even acknowledge the unicorn’s presence. Gummy simply went about what seemed to be his normal routine as if nothing had been happening.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Applejack had been left alone, unguarded, except by a bucket of turnips that sat in a chair next to her. No matter how hard she struggled, the candy rope withstood all her attempts to break it. She had heard Twilight calling out to her but with her mouth silenced by the rope; she was unable to call back.

Then it hit the country pony, the rope of was edible. She bit through the licorice, even enjoying the taste. After licking her lips, Applejack tried to free the rest of her body by eating the remaining rope. Unfortunately, her mouth could not reach even the first strand of the rope that coiled around her body, no matter how she bent or twisted her neck.

“Twilight!” Applejack called her friend for help once she realized her efforts to chew her way to freedom were getting her nowhere.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Hearing the farm pony’s voice, Twilight had rushed, as cautiously as she could, to the source. The purple unicorn was shocked when she found her friend coiled in candy rope. Despite her best efforts, the candy rope was not budging as she pulled on it with her magic.

“Don’t worry, Applejack. I’ll get you out of there,” Twilight assured her friend. “Pinkie’s gone too far this time. It’s one thing to not want to go to her doctor’s appointment, but to hurt her friends...”

“Don’t be so harsh on her, Twilight,” Applejack replied. “I reckon she’s doin’ this for a reason. She’s scared, Twilight. The poor thing is practically shakin’ worse than Fluttershy when she sees a dragon.”

“You can’t be so soft, Applejack,” the studious unicorn said, still pulling at the rope. Her pulls and tugs led her nowhere as the rope only seemed to grow tighter with each consecutive try. Twilight continued until what seemed to be a large ball of lint fell onto her muzzle. “AHH-AHH-AH!”

“Uh… You ok, Twilight?” Applejack asked as she saw her friend’s head jerk back with every “AH”.

“CHOO!!!” the purple unicorn let loose an enormous sneeze, powerful enough to cause her to fly backwards and crash into the wall. Hitting with a good amount of force, Twilight bounced off the wall causing a makeshift cage that trapped her behind what looked to her to be candy cane bars. “Huh?”

“Now I’ve got you, Twilight!” Pinkie said, revealing herself. “Good job, Sir Lints-a-lot.”

Twilight simply smiled as she teleported out of her red and white prison.

“Uh-oh…” the pink pony said, realizing that she had celebrated too early.

“Sorry it’s come to this, Pinkie, but you’re going to that appointment one way or the other,” Twilight said as she concentrated her power into her now bright horn.

“Yikes!” Pinkie said as grabbed the closest to her to use as a shield against her friend’s spell.

Luckily for the party pony, she reached for a hand held mirror, an object she rarely used but exposed thanks to the mess she created to stall her friends. Twilight’s spell flash traveled rapidly across the room only to be reflected back to its caster. Twilight barely had time to lift her to see the spell had been rebounded. In an instant, the purple unicorn was magically put under a deep sleep and neighing.

“Twilight? Uh… Twilight?” Applejack called out to the sleeping unicorn.

Pinkie Pie slowly looked from behind her mirror shield to find that she had incidentally stopped the princess’s handpicked magic student. She was now free to celebrate. She had overcome what she considered the biggest hurdle to her avoiding the appointment. Of course, there was still one last pony to deal with…

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Come on… Fluttershy…” Spike said, trying to push the yellow Pegasus.

“But… But… I thought you said I could stay!” Fluttershy answered as her hooves dug into the dirt with every inch that the dragon pushed her through.

“Twilight’s taking too long, Fluttershy,” the purple dragon said as he took a break from forcing the Pegasus towards the apartment. “You might be the only left that can get Pinkie out.”

“But… I can’t go in there alone,” the yellow pony replied.

“Well, I don’t see Rainbow Dash going anywhere anytime soon,” Spike said.

“Hey!” the blue daredevil exclaimed from behind them, trying to separate her wings from her body but in vain.

“And Rarity, well…” the dragon said as both looked at the drama queen.

“Oh, woe is me. My hair, my perfectly groomed hair… ruined. I might as well be ba-ha-ha-hald!” the white unicorn cried.

“What about you? You can go with me!” Fluttershy said, ecstatically flapping her wings.

“Me? But I have to take care of Rarity!” Spike said as he stepped back from the Pegasus.

“All she’s been doing since she’s got out of there is cry about her hair, me and the Cakes can make sure she doesn’t drown herself,” Rainbow Dash said.

“You two just be careful, dearies,” Mrs. Cake said.

“Oh boy…” Spike whispered to himself as both he and Fluttershy reluctantly headed towards the apartment.