• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 941 Views, 17 Comments

The Check-Up Blues - XSomeGuyX



The Cakes are trying to get Pinkie to her annual doctor's appointment but nothing's that simple when it involves Pinkamena Diane Pie. It will take the joint forces of her friends in order to drag her to that appointment on time.

  • ...
0
 17
 941

A Very Sticky Situation

A Very Sticky Situation

“Pinkie!” the rainbow-maned pony yelled through the closed apartment door. “Pinkie Pie!”

There was no response whatsoever as Rainbow Dash peeped through the small heart-shaped hole in her door. The inside was dark; the only light coming was from an open window in the room. Easy access for a pony with wings.

“Can’t keep me out so easy, Pinkie,” the blue Pegasus said to herself as she flew into the room through the window. “Hmm… still pretty dark.”

The daredevil went stumbling into the room, bumping into chairs and other barely visible objects scattered on the floor. It was close to impossible for her to even see her pink friend even if she was two hoofsteps in front of her. Where ever Pinkie was, Rainbow Dash certainly would be able to find in this darkness.

“Pinkie, come on out. I’ve got some new tricks to try out, can’t spend all day in here,” the Pegasus said as she continued looking in vain.

“Ok, you’re on Rocky!” Pinkie Pie whispered to the pile of rocks, her hair now completely flat and darkened.

“Pinkie was that you?” Rainbow Dash asked as she thought she heard hoofsteps scurrying away. Flying towards the origin, the blue Pegasus saw a light focused on a stool with an eerily familiar pile of rocks. “Oh no… not this again.”

“Pinkie don’t want to visit the doctuh!” the pile of rocks jumped to life.

“I’m not playing along Pinkie,” Rainbow Dash said as she turned her plot to Rocky.

“Hmm… I thought you were the bravest pony in Ponyville but I don’t see nothin’ but a chump,” Rocky taunted her.

“Nope, can’t get to me with that old ‘chump’ comment this time, Rocky!” the blue daredevil said as she pressed her nose into the pile of rock’s “face”. Again she turned around and was about to begin her search anew until the rocks spoke again.

“I didn’t know that chickens could fly!” Rocky insulted the rainbow-maned horse.

“What did you just call me?” Rainbow Dash stopped in her tracks.

“You heard me ya losuh! You’re nothing but a chicken!” the rock pile answered. “Maybe we need to call Fluttershy because it looks like her chickens got out again.”

“Oh, you’re going to get it now, Rocky,” the blue Pegasus said as she stepped closer to the stool. Suddenly, the Pegasus felt something thick being dumped on her from above.

“What the…” Rainbow Dash said as she tried to spread her wings to no avail. Using all the strength she had built through rigorous flying, the blue pony manage to open her wings ever so slightly, only to have them slap back to her sides. “What is this gunk?”

“It’s Pinkie’s extra special, sticky syrup, she eats it every day with her waffles,” the rocks said.

“PINKIE PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII…” Rainbow Dash growled as a second bucket syrup was poured on her. This second sticky shower dripped down to her hooves, making walking an incredible effort. Once again, she tried flying but her wings were even more closely glued to her body than before as she began painfully slow journey down to the Sugarcube Corner storefront.

“I guess this chicken can’t fly,” Rocky said as he watched the blue Pegasus walk away.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

“I hope Rainbow Dash is doing alright in there,” Fluttershy said in her usual quiet tone.

“Dontcha fret none, Fluttershy,” Applejack reassured her. “If any pony can get Pinkie out of there, it be Rainbow D…” Applejack paused as she saw Mr. and Mrs. Cake carrying the blue Pegasus back from inside the store.

“Rainbow, darling, what’s that all over your coat and mane?” the fashionista unicorn asked as she was about to touch the sticky substance.

“Wait!” the female baker pony stopped Rarity from touching Rainbow Dash’s coat. They couple then demonstrated how they were no longer able to remove themselves from the blue Pegasus.

“Pinkie Pie made this syrup for her pancakes one morning,” Mr. Cake stated as he continued to try to free himself from Rainbow Dash’s body. “It’s stickier than glue!”

“I was wondering what Pinkie was up to in her room,” Mrs. Cake said. “We were hearing all sorts of noises after Twilight left.”

“You were much too brash, Rainbow,” Rarity said.

“I was not!” the blue Pegasus responded. “She was ready for me. She had Rocky waiting for me.”

“Rocky…?” all the ponies and dragons present asked in unison. Rainbow Dash sighed, realizing that none of them had seen Pinkie’s “real” friends.

“Do you guys remember Pinkie’s surprise birthday party last year?” the blue pony asked.

“Yeah, but I don’ see what’s it got to do wit’ anything,” Applejack answered.

“Well, let’s just say Pinkie got a little lonely while we were trying to set up her party,” Rainbow Dash answered. “She found some new “friends” to invite to Gummy’s after-birthday party.”

“Are they anypony we would know?” the timid, yellow Pegasus asked.

“They aren’t really ponies…” Rainbow Dash responded.

“Well…” Rarity waited for the wanna-be Wonderbolt to continue. “Who are they?”

“I don’t really know their names, except for Rocky, but one is a bucket of turnips, another is a ball of lint and another is a bag of flour,” Rainbow Dash described Pinkie’s allies. “Oh, then there’s Rocky, he’s a pile of rocks.”

Rest of the group suddenly burst into loud laughter.

“Ok, I know Pinkie Pie is pretty cuckoo but that seems a little too crazy, even for her,” Spike said as continued to roll on the floor, laughing.

“HEY! I’m serious!” Rainbow Dash said, raising her voice. “She’s up there with them right now!”

“Oh, Rainbow Dash, don’t be silly,” Rarity said, still chuckling a bit. “It’s obvious that Pinkie just needs a more delicate approach. I’ll be out in just a moment with that stubborn, little filly.”

“Oh…” Mrs. Cake moaned as she watched the dress maker walk into the store. “Please be careful, Rarity, dearie…”

Author's Note:

Found the next two chapters, sorry for not finding the rest. I just got a new laptop about a month ago and I haven't moved all my work into it. So finding this chapters is taking sometime but the next update should have this story up to date with its counterpart on FFN. Thank you for your patience and continue to: Read, Comment (it doesn't feel the same, TT0TT) and Enjoy!