• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 941 Views, 17 Comments

The Check-Up Blues - XSomeGuyX



The Cakes are trying to get Pinkie to her annual doctor's appointment but nothing's that simple when it involves Pinkamena Diane Pie. It will take the joint forces of her friends in order to drag her to that appointment on time.

  • ...
0
 17
 941

A Lady's Touch

A Lady’s Touch

“Oh Pinkie, you really must tidy up here,” the white unicorn thought out loud as she used the light from her horn to help guide her through the dark apartment. She saw the mess the pink pony had made, most likely to slow her friends down.

The mess certainly slowed Rarity down but for the sole reason that she hated to have such untidiness about her. Stopping every hoofstep to pick up a fallen chair or some trash lying about, Rarity had all but forgotten her original reason for being there. Her distraction only became bigger as she caught sight of Pinkie’s curtain choice. “Pinkie! UGH! We’re going to have to redecorate your entire apartment! These do NOT go with your choice of décor!”

“Alright, it’s Rarity’s turn, Madame Le Flour. You know what to do,” Pinkie said as she left the sack of flour sitting on a nearby table.

“Pinkie? Was that you?” the dress maker asked as she heard the scurry of hoofsteps behind her. “IS THAT WHAT I THINK IT IS?”

The unicorn rushed to the table to find a large bolt of silk, “IT IS! IMPORTED ARACHNE SILK! How did you manage to get your hoofs on this, Pinkie?”

“Well, well, well, if it isn’t the fashionista herself,” the bag of flour bounced on the table.

“Huh? Who was that?” Rarity asked as she did not see anypony around her. “Oh… I don’t think Pinkie will mind if I just take an incy, tiny bit of her silk…”

“Are you going to take it back to that shack of a boutique to make another one of your gaudy dresses?” Madame Le Flour bounced forward.

“How dare you call my designs gaudy?” the white unicorn responded to the sack, feeling insulted.

“You’re being quite kind to yourself; calling the jumbles of cloth you put together ‘designs’!” Madame replied.

“I wouldn’t be talking about fashion if I were in your position. Who chose your dress, a bag of potatoes?” Rarity asked, forgetting that she was now arguing with an inanimate object.

“My father has not chosen my outfits since I was small!” Madame Le Flour jumped in anger. Ignoring the sack, Rarity continued on, wrapping the silk around herself. Arachne silk was known to be the softest, smoothest, most durable material in all of Equestria that any designer wished to work with, and Rarity was no exception.

Rarity squealed with excitement as she felt the fabric hug her body. But the comforting feeling of the heavenly material faded quickly as the bolt rapidly circled her, wrapping her tightly in the fabric. Tugging at the silk with her magic proved futile as it was firmly tied around her, all but her head.

“Here is something that even you can call ‘the worst possible thing,’ little Miss Drama Queen,” Madame Le Flour said as the white unicorn let out a bloodcurdling scream.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Spike was pacing nervously outside after hearing Rarity’s scream, which even Celestia might have heard back in Canterlot. The poor purple dragon was nearly on the verge of a panic attack as he awaited the fate of his crush.

A small, hooded figure eventually came out of the apartment and ran towards the group, where Twilight Sparkle was still recovering from her long sprint and Applejack and Fluttershy were still trying to free the Cakes from Rainbow Dash.

“Rarity?” the young dragon asked, not being able to recognize the pony from under the hood. The figure only nodded.

“Did’ja find Pinkie?” Applejack asked. The hooded pony only shook her head.

“What’s wrong, Rarity?” Spike asked as he tried to remove the hood.

“NOOOO!!!” Rarity cried out. “I’M HIDEOUS!!!”

“What did Pinkie do to you?” Fluttershy asked, gliding over.

Rarity removed the hood covering her head but, to everypony’s (and dragon’s) surprise, there seemed nothing wrong with her. The dress maker then covered her head with her front legs as she began to cry. “I’M SO UGLY!!! ADMIT IT!!!”

“Umm… do any of ya’ll see what’s wrong wit’ ‘ur?” the apple farmer asked the dragon and Pegasus in a whisper.

“No…” the yellow winged pony replied softly.

“Me neither,” Spike also answered.

“Rarity, sugarcube, what exactly did Pinkie do to ya?” Applejack asked the drama queen.

“CAN’T ANYPONY SEE? SHE --- SHE…” Rarity basically screamed as her three friends closed in around her. “GAVE ME SPLIT ENDS!!!”

“YOU’RE COMPLAINING ABOUT A BAD HAIR DAY WHEN I CAN’T FLY!!!” the multicolor-maned Pegasus erupted, trying viciously to flap her wings only to have them slap back to her sides.

“That may be a terrible, Rainbow, but this,” Rarity paused as she grabbed the tips of her mane to show Rainbow Dash. “THIS is a tragedy!”

“I reckon I better put an end to this before any other pony gets…” the blond pony paused to look at the boutique owner crying over the ‘tragic’ loss of her perfect hair. “Hurt.”

Applejack trotted towards the dark apartment, leaving the yellow Pegasus and purple dragon to soothe the ‘poor’ white unicorn while the sticky, blue Pegasus steamed with anger.

Author's Note:

And there we go, now to find chapters 5 and 6 and I can say that it has finally caught up. Like I said in my "biography," I will be accepting ideas for stories and I will be posting "The Heartbreaker and the Cultivator" (a Spike x Applejack pairing story) as soon as I find the first chapter. I'm sorry, I'm really disorganized. Twilight Sparkle would frown... lol