• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 2,212 Views, 30 Comments

Her Candidates - Nyte-Blade



When their plane mysteriously crash lands in Equestria, a journalism club's investigative skills are put to the test while trying to find a way home, as they soon discover that the inexplicable plane crash might not be the only mystery...

  • ...
10
 30
 2,212

Exploring Ponyville - Part 2

Once Twilight and Trisha arrived at the Golden Oaks Library, they were quickly greeted by Rarity and Spike. Spike tells Twilight that there's a letter from Princess Celestia. There's only one problem...

It's not for her...

"It's... for you." Twilight said, sounding very surprised as she levitated the letter to Trisha.

"Wait, WHAT!? Why? I mean, she may be a princess, but there's no way she could..." Trisha trailed off before putting her hand on her forehead, as she just remembered...

"[Friendship is magic.]"

"Could it have been her? This... Celestia? Don't tell me she's like this world's god or something... as if this world needs something like that..." Trisha began remembering the voice she heard when she was falling... until Twilight snapped out of her reminiscing.

"Trisha!" Twilight called out to her.

"Oh, sorry!" Trisha apologized. "What were you saying?"

"I'm asking you that! You just stopped mid sentence for some reason!" Twilight explained.

"I was... gonna ask, why does she know? Is she some sort of... god? Like, an omnipotent presence?" Trisha made sure she asked correctly, as she was sure that ponies wouldn't know of 'god'.

"No, she's not actually." Twilight said. "But you ask a good question... she really shouldn't know you're here... unless Princess Luna told her..."

"Princess Luna... you mean the mist we saw on the plane!" Trisha realized.

"Exactly! Maybe Princess Luna might know more of what's going on, but told her sister!" Twilight surmised.

"Wait, if they're sisters, then why didn't Princess Luna just write the letter herself?" Trisha asked.

"That's a good question... well, we may know if you read your letter..." Twilight said, beckoning the human to read.

"Right... but I can't read this." Trisha said, squinting her eyes in confusion.

"Huh? You can't read?" Twilight asked. For someone like her, she'd probably be just a bit annoyed.

"Well... you guys may speak English, but this... it's not written English. Is this Equestria's... written language or something?" Trisha asked.

"It is the Equestrian written language. Looks like I'll have to read it for you." Twilight took the letter and read it out loud.

Dear, Humans who have arrived in Equestria.

I apologize for your sudden arrival to such a foreign land to you.

In Equestria, magic is second nature to all of it's residents, including any creatures you may see.

If you wish to know how you got here, then I am certain that you have already met my student, Twilight Sparkle and her friends, and therefore, know of Nightmare Moon, for it was she, who brought you here...

"WHAT!?" Twilight's eyes widened with shock, but read on.

But do not fear. My sister Luna is innocent of any crime you believe to be true. It may not make sense now, but I pray you'll continue to believe in my sister.

She has a message for you to pass on to you and your friends, so I ask, that you come to Canterlot to see me after you all have spoken with my sister, and after Rarity has completed her task.

And my faithful student, as I assume you're reading this to the humans in question, I hope you're enjoying reading through the Book of Humans I gave you recently.

"So Princess Luna's coming here...!" Twilight grew excited, which quickly faded when she now knows that Nightmare Moon is back. "I... can't believe it... so she really IS back... but I have so many questions!"

"Ahem..." The white unicorn cleared her throat to get their attention.

"Oh, Rarity, sorry for ignoring you. I guess I'm just a bit mortified that Nightmare Moon is back, and she brought humans into this world." Twilight said.

"No need for apologies, Twilight." Rarity said.

"You're Rarity, right?" Trisha asked.

"Why, yes, I am!" Rarity said, introducing herself, speaking in a formal tone.

"I'm Trisha. Nice to meet you."

"Nice to make your acquaintance. Now, I'd like to know, just what ARE you wearing? That... shirt! that hood! that skirt! It just won't do!" Rarity commented on Trisha's clothing.

"Uhh... what's wrong with my hoodie?" Trisha asked, confused.

"A hoodie? Why, I've never seen something so... odd before!" Rarity said, looking at Trisha from various angles.

"You guys don't..." Trisha started, but decided not to finish her sentence. "Well, I guess it was wishful thinking..." Trisha trailed off.

"Oh, I didn't offend you, did I?" Rarity asked out of concern.

"No, no, it's not like that. I just... thought that since I see buildings and that you ponies are quite civilized... I just thought you all actually... wore something."

"What nonesense! We DO have clothes~! It's just that we prefer to show off our beautiful coats instead!" Rarity swayed her head a moment, showing off her mane.

"She must mean their fur..." Trisha thought. "I... see..."

"About that task..." Twilight said, remembering Celestia's letter.

"Of course! Allow me." Rarity said, using her magic to hold up the letter and read it.

Dear Rarity,

I would like to assign you a task that I'm certain you could handle with your exquisite fashion design. I would like you to make some clothes for some guests that you'll be meeting soon.

These guests are not suited for the dangers of Equestria, and I recommend that they wear some of your enchanted clothes.

"Oh dear, the day Princess Celestia requests a task from me, it's got to be the toughest task yet!" Rarity griped a bit.

"Well, you don't really have to... I mean, we did just get dragged to this world out of nowhere." Trisha said bashfully. "We're doing good that Twilight offered to help us find answers, really."

"Nonsense! I would've performed this task even if I hadn't been asked to. It's just those... clothes that need to go!" Rarity said.

"Oh come on, what's wrong with street clothes?!" Trisha asked, trying to keep her annoyance in check.

"Well, they lack that... fire, that elegance!" Rarity emphasized.

Trisha simply sighed, deciding that it's pointless to argue about street clothes. Why would she when she's in a world where there's no such thing? And so, she steered the topic back on track. "Anyway... umm... enchanted clothes though...? Um, is it like some sort of armor?" Trisha asked, picturing her and her friends literally wearing Medieval armor.

"Well... yes, and no. The thread and needles I, or anypony would use are all enchanted with magic so the clothes become tough, nearly impossible to tear!" Rarity explained.

"Soooooo... that still sounds like armor." Trisha lowered her eyelids, somewhat annoyed that her answer is becoming so roundabout.

"Still not quite. You could still get hurt while wearing the clothes, it's just you'll be able to take a bit more damage in a way. But we don't quite need them since we all have our own magic." Twilight explained.

"I guess..." Trisha still sounded unsure.

"Well, with that out of the way, I'll need a reference of some sort... please remove your clothes!" Rarity asked, like it was nothing.

"I don't think so..." Trisha backed away quickly.

"What's the big deal? It's just clothes!" Spike chimed in.

"It's a VERY big deal!" Trisha said, becoming a bit flustered. "It may be fine for you all to be naked all the time, but for me, it's NOT!"

"Hmm... well, I did read about that bit in the book about humans. For some reason, they don't like being naked. I understand that they need clothes to keep warm, but I read that they treat not wearing anything as something taboo." Twilight said.

"That book's a little too detailed... but well, it's not wrong either..." Trisha answered, but still felt unsure. "It's just, it's... indecent to be naked unless it's in privacy..."

"My word, that has to be the weirdest taboo I've heard in years!" Rarity was flabbergasted.

"I mean... okay, so maybe our ethics are a bit weird to you guys, but well... eh, maybe we're the first Humans to actually arrive here in Equestria..." Trisha said, then sighed again. "I feel like being in this world is going to be harder than I thought..."

"I think I'll have to study this book a little harder now that humans like you are actually here... There's so much I don't know about you all, and I'm hoping I could find out why this book even exists at all." Twilight said. "Anyway, we can save writing the letter for later."

"Right! Now about those clothes..." Rarity repeated her request.

"No! And besides, there are guys with me too!" Trisha said.

"Guys? You mean stallions??" Rarity asked.

"Umm... no, I err... mean human males... actual men. Just two, but still!" Trisha awkwardly explained, thinking of Kitsu and Jeremy, and trying with all her might to not picture them in her outfit.

"Oh, pardon me!" Rarity apologized, but griped. "Then how am I supposed to make clothes for humans without a reference? I'm certain that the clothes we wear wouldn't be suitable for you at all!"

"Yeah, umm... how about we wait for the others to come back to the town square? Mia and the others are probably at the wrecked plane, right? There might be a few magazines you can use, or clothes from our luggage that might be in tact!" Trisha said, still a bit flustered. She just couldn't imagine herself stripping down just because some ponies told her to.

"Yeah, but it may be a little while before they get back. In the meantime, let's go to Sugar Cube Corner! It's where Pinkie Pie lives, and it's where she holds her parties too." Twilight said.

"Alright. I'll get to catch up to Jeremy as well." Trisha said.

"And I'd like to ask a bit more about your clothes! Surely there's something more than these 'street' clothes you speak of!" Rarity said.

"Right..." Trisha agreed, but was still uncomfortable with the idea of just stripping down naked.


Meanwhile, Jeremy and Rainbow open the doors to Sugar Cube Corner, finding Kitsu and Pinkie Pie setting up the party she mentioned. Watching Kitsu place cups on the table and Pinkie filling them up with drinks, Jeremy's eye began twitching, as he was already annoyed.

"I should've known..." Jeremy said, clinching his fist.

"That's how Pinkie Pie always is." Rainbow said in a nonchalant tone of voice.

At that moment, Pinkie immediately noticed Jeremy and Rainbow there.

"Yo, Pinkie!" Rainbow greeted.

"HIYA, Rainbow! Ooooo, who's the human with ya, huh? Huh?" Pinkie asked, eyeing the dark skinned human in question.

"Oh, he's my boss you could say." Kitsu answered, giving off a grin the Cheshire Cat could be proud of.

"Ooooooh, you're his boss, huh? Well listen here, buster! This guy complains that you work him too hard and he just wants to party once in a while! But don't worry, I told him to invite you, so you're tooooooootally invited!" Pinkie started rambling on.

"..............................." Jeremy folded his arms, closed his eyes and said nothing, as he had no idea how to respond. He didn't want to respond. "Kitsu, could we talk outside for a minute?"

"Hey, you! Didn't I just tell you-" Rainbow

"I'm just gonna talk to him." Jeremy said in a calm voice, but Rainbow knew he was lying.

"You don't even look like it!" Rainbow retorted.

"I'm just gonna talk to him." Jeremy repeated himself, despite Rainbow's protests. He continued to repeat the same claim, much to Rainbow's annoyance. Before she could follow him and Kitsu outside, Pinkie began dragging Rainbow away, wanting her to help with the party as well.

"Pinkie, wai- let go! I gotta-" Rainbow struggled, but it was no use. Once Pinkie got in party mode, there was no use telling her 'no'.

As for Kitsu and Jeremy, they stop right behind the building near a window, and as Kitsu expected, Jeremy throws a fit.

"What the HELL are you DOING!?" Jeremy snapped, grabbing Kitsu by his shirt collar, and pinned him against the wall.

"Calm down, dude, we're just trying to have a bit of a party!" Kitsu said.

"A party...? In a world where only PONIES exist!? You want to party with these... animals!? Have you lost your bloody mind!?" Jeremy was furious.

"Dude, come on." Kitsu tried to calm him down.

"No, no! Don't you even start with that crap! Wanna know why I'm so damn irritated!?" Jeremy gripped Kitsu's shirt even tighter.

"No, but I have a good idea." Kitsu said.

"Didn't you guys decide to go on this stupid vacation because I've been 'working too hard' or something stupid like that? Well, LOOK WHAT HAPPENED. We got split up, and we don't even know if the others are still alive, and it turns out we got attacked by some FUCKING MONSTER, and you wanna act like this place is all sunshine and rainbows by having a fucking PARTY!?" Jeremy was serious...

It was then Kitsu sighed, opened his eyes, and said, "Jeremy, you're the one that's lost his marbles. I mean... come on."

"Ooooooh, I'm losing MY mind!?"

"Hey, do you wanna hear me out or not?" Kitsu's expression became serious for once.

"Make it quick." Jeremy said.

"Alright, well, it's simple. You're panicking. You, and the rest of us should know that we're not gonna get anything accomplished if we panic. I mean, look at you. You're standing there, mad at me for wanting to kinda lighten the mood a little, and you're acting like I'm doing some debauchery in there. Well, I have a simple piece of advice for ya, dude: Don't show Ruby that face you're making, alright? She'll probably cry and be scared if she saw how you are right now." Kitsu calmly explained.

Jeremy slowly and hesitantly let Kitsu go, who moved out of the way, revealing the window to the inside of the building. Jeremy looked at the window, focusing on on his reflection, to see a scary expression of anger. He was right. "......you win."

"I know Alice always told ya this one, but for her sake, drop that 'win or lose' thing you got going on already." Kitsu said, heading back inside. He turned around to Jeremy once more and said, "By the way, you're still invited to the party, dude. Once you have a clearer head, things may be a bit easier from here. Afterall, maybe we ended up here for a reason."

Suddenly, Rainbow came up to the window and opened it, poking her head out.

"Laugh it up." Jeremy said, gritting his teeth.

"Hey, no one's laughing at anypony." Rainbow said.

"Yeah. Any PONY. I'm a human, remember? So really, the term would be 'anyone'. Sooooo yeah!" Jeremy corrected.

"Look, it'd be kinda hard to laugh at that face." Rainbow said, pointing out that his expression had already shifted to a gloomy one.

"Heh... people laugh at the kind of face all the time in my world." Jeremy said.

"It's like that somewhat in this world too. Scootaloo used to make that kind of face until she and her friends formed the Cutie Mark Crusaders."

"Scootaloo? Snrrk...!" Jeremy couldn't help but laugh at the name.

"Hey, Scootaloo's a cool filly!" Rainbow said.

"Heh. I just find the name funny, and I tend to picture how who has it lives up to it." Jeremy said. "Just like you."

"Hey, my NAME is awesome! I'm known as the best flyer in all of Equestria!" Rainbow boasted. "Besides, I still don't know YOUR name!"

"Egh... It's Jeremy Zaccheo." Jeremy reluctantly answered.

"Heh, It doesn't live up to anything!" Rainbow remarked.

"Shut up. The names of people from my world don't go so far as to match your looks or talent or whatever. It's just... uhh... actually, I'm not sure how to explain it without going 'it's normal'." Jeremy felt a bit embarrassed for not being able to explain it.

"Jeremy?" A familiar voice called out.

The young man looked up to find Trisha standing over him. At some point during his chat with Rainbow, he had sat down against the wall on instinct.

"What's up? Wasn't that Twilight Sparkle with you?" Jeremy said.

"Yeah, but she went inside with Rarity to help Pinkie and Kitsu with the party." Trisha explained.

"Rarity!? Oh for the love of..." Jeremy thought to himself.

"Well, I'll do my part too! See ya!" Rainbow shut the window and went back inside.

"Heh. Maybe I'm beginning to see why you guys are so calm." Jeremy said.

"Well, I wouldn't say I'm 'calm' though... It's more like, I'm trying to not panic." Trisha corrected him.

"That's what Kitsu said... He made me realize I was panicking like a nutcase." Jeremy said.

"Alice and Mia told me you panic all the time though when things don't go right!" Trisha said.

"Because those two helped me calm down all the time, but this situation is just... way too bizarre. But Kitsu kinda helped me see myself and reminded me that I wouldn't want to make that little girl scared of me. I mean, come on. I got enough stupid girls at school who're scared of me." Jeremy said.

"You're always approaching them aggressively!" Trisha said.

"Women shouldn't be so damn delicate and meek. I hate that kind of shit. But you, Alice, Mia, Eva, and Mina are different from the rest of the ones at school. Ya'll ain't scared of me. And I respect ya'll for that." Jeremy said.

"Well, for me, it's because I can take care of myself. I mean, Mia and Mina did blab about how I used to get into a lotta fights back when we were kids." Trisha said, sounding slightly irritated.

"Eh, that's because you were in that stupid hero phase." Jeremy replied.

"Calling it a 'phase; doesn't quite do it justice." Trisha said, giving a wink to Jeremy. "Besides, it's a bit ironic, coming from you."

"I'm not in some Hero phase. The only people I care about are you guys and the ones we need to find. After we find Ruby and the others, we're gonna need to figure a way to get home. No offense to the ponies, but there's no way in hell I'm gonna settle down here." Jeremy said.

"Well, they're not bad. But I agree, we do need to find a way home. But It'd be nice to know the 'why' of this whole deal." Trisha said, still wanting answers.

"Huh?" Jeremy rose an eyebrow.

"I mean... like... why us? Airplanes take off every day, and we have had a few reports of planes crashing and all... but even so... why us?" Trisha wondered.

"Come on, when you put it like that, it's you're saying we're special or something. And to be honest, I sure as hell hope we ain't. I didn't agree to a vacation just to get roped into some crazy anime type shit." Jeremy griped.

"Well I didn't ask for it either! None of us did! But now I'm just curious! I need to know why we're even here at all. I feel like we'll find the answer during our search. And the ponies? They've been a pretty big help so far in figuring things out. In fact, I think I learned a little more when I talked to Twilight."

"About what? That Nightmare monster?" Jeremy asked.

"Yeah. I'll tell everyone about what I learned. Maybe we could come up with theories or something and solve this mystery." Trisha said.

"Ugh... so... we take a flight, encounter a monster, crash land in pony land, get split up, and now we have to solve mysteries. This trip just gets better and better." Jeremy complained with a bit of added sarcasm.

The window suddenly opened up, and Pinkie poked her head out.

"How long are you gonna stay out here? We're just about ready to have our party!" Pinkie said.

"Well... can we wait for the others to get back first? I mean, there are three more humans like us... it wouldn't be right if we started without everyone." Trisha suggested.

"Oh, you're right! Well they better hurry up though! A party is always best when it's fresh!" Pinkie said before closing the window and going back into her house.


Meanwhile, after escaping from the Timberwolves, Applejack and the human girls arrived at a cliffside at the edge of the forest with the smoke being just a short climb away, where Mina's suspicion is proven to be true: the back half of their flight was there, tilted against the cliff, tail up. After Mia caught her breath from running, Mia decided it was time to go to the climb the cliff and head to the plane.

"The plane's wrecked, but it looks like we can get our luggage!" Mia said excitedly.

"Well, an airplane doesn't tear that easily. Well, at least it shouldn't." Mina said.

The three girls ran up to the plane, only to stop dead in their tracks when they find a certain yellow winged pony there; her pink mane standing out. Her cutie mark displayed three flying butterflies.

"Fluttershy! There ya are! I was wonderin' why yer not home!" Applejack called out to her.

"Hi, Applejack. When I was feeding my animals, I saw this huge bird crash into this mountain, and I just had to see if it was alright, but... when I got here..." Fluttershy started to tear up a bit.

"Umm... that's not an animal... that's... some thing these here humans came flyin' in with." Applejack explained.

"Humans?" Fluttershy turned her attention to the strange creatures with Applejack.

"That's us!" Mia said.

"Oh no... were you three inside it's belly? It must've been scary in there..." Fluttershy said, examining the new... species.

"Okay, technically... we are animals, but-" Mina was cut off.

"It's okay, no need to be scared anymore. I'll do my best take care of you." Fluttershy made a bold claim with her reserved tone of voice.

"Umm... riiiiiiiight..." Eva said...

Noticing that the humans are feeling uncomfortable, Applejack whispered to the girls: "Sorry, Fluttershy's usually a lil' timid, but gets all excited at new animals. So for her sake, just go along with it."

"Yeah... sure." Mina replied.

"It was REALLY scary! I thought we were a gonner!" Mia said, going along with Fluttershy's claim.

"I would imagine." Fluttershy said. "Anyway, do you have names?"

"Yep! I'm Mia, and this is Eva, and the girl over with Applejack is Mina!" Mia said, pointing out the respective girls.

"My name is Fluttershy. So there's only three of you?" Fluttershy asked.

"Actually, there are eleven others. Three of them are in Ponyville right now, while the rest... are missing." Eva answered.

"Oh no, how awful! Are they okay?" Fluttershy asked out of genuine concern.

"Oh, well, the ones in Ponyville are fine... we're... not sure about the rest though. But I'd like to believe they're alive!" Mia said, trying her best to stay optimistic.

"I sure hope so." Fluttershy replied.

While Mia and Eva spoke to Fluttershy, Mina had other plans, as she began walking towards the plane.

"Well, I'm gonna go grab our items from out of there." Mina said, hoping to rummage through the plane.

"That thing looks pretty darn beat up..." Applejack said.

"Yeah, but look: the end we fell out of. It's a clean cut. The plane never exploded, so the smoke must be from this part of the plane crashing."

"Why don't I help you with that luggage?" Applejack asked.

"Ah... err, you don't have to." Mina said bashfully. "I mean, our being here is our problem."

"Yeah, and I can't let a newcomer feel untrusted. Ya'll may be a strange group, but I think it's safe to say that ya'll ain't that bad." Applejack said loudly, as Mina climbed the red velvet seats inside the messy plane to investigate.

As Mina climbed up the plane, she saw the hatches for their personal items were forcefully opened, but luckily, none of their carry-on items never fell out. she then grabbed the a black belt strap she saw first and pulled it out, revealing a maroon shoulder bag with pictures of anime guys standing close together as if they were lovers. "This definitely is Mia's bag..." Mina then put the bag around her shoulder.

"That's weird. In our world, you practically have to do everything to earn someone's trust and be friends. Not everyone's a kind person." Mina stopped her rummaging to reply to Applejack.

"Well, not everypony is nice either. I think some of'em might be a lil' weary of ya folks. But it wouldn't hurt ta show just a bit of trust, now would it?" Applejack asked.

"Guess not. But I mean, humans are capable of helping each other through a crisis though... so I suppose you're reacting the way a person would if they saw someone shipwrecked." Mina loudly said while climbing into the cargo area.

Mina then went through the broken door at the very back of the plane to enter the cargo hold, which was entirely dark save for the bit of sunshine getting in through the holes around her. The place was a total mess, just like the rest of the plane, with steel pipes and beams hanging around and several plane related supplies scattered all over the place. looking above, Mina could see the compartment for emergency supplies, and to her left, she saw a cage containing all of their luggage.

Since the cage was locked by a chain, she looked around for something to break open the cage open through all the rubble. After a minute of rummaging through the trash, Mina finds a black crowbar at her feet and quickly picks it up. After a brief examination of it and concluding that it's still useful, she uses the crowbar to force the chain of the cage off, breaking one of the chain links and forcing the cage open, gaining access to their luggage at last.

Looking around the caged area in a brief, yet desperate scan, she immediately found her suitcase which had a combination lock on one part of the zipper area. The large suitcase is made of a green fabric, having six parts to hold items in, all held together by zippers. One of the holding areas of the bag was locked off by a combination lock, which was the first thing Mina went for.

30... 12... 6...10

The numbers unlocked the combination and she immediately opened the zipper, only to grab... a vial with various pills inside and a water bottle. She opened the pill bottle to see that the pills are not broken, letting out a sigh of relief.

"Ah... thank god it's safe!" She muttered to herself, forming a smile.

"What's the hold up in there??" Applejack called out to her, as Mina was taking a little too long.

"Ah, sorry! I was just... doing a check!" Mina replied, not wanting to reveal anything about the bottle she held. She then puts one of the pills in her mouth, then takes a single swallow of water, gulping it all down quickly.

"Phew..." Mina sighed in relief, but then noticed that only seven pills are left. "Ugh... I'm gonna need to hurry and get home... they didn't approve of it for nothing..."

Mina then took her suitcase and let it slide on down to Applejack. She then looked at everyone else's suitcases in the cage, and noticed that it'll be a lot to carry, but went for them anyway.

"Hmm... well, I'll get everything out anyway. If we're gonna do this, we're gonna need some supplies..." Mina said to herself, before grabbing one suitcase at a time, sliding them down to Applejack.

"Whoo wee! This is a lot to carry! Just what were ya'll plannin'?" Applejack asked, watching the first three suitcases slide down in front of her.

"We were gonna stay in a hotel our friend reserved for us!" Mina replied.

"Well, this is a bit much, don't ya'll think?" Applejack said, looking at the large suitcases that slid down one after the other. "Ya'll remind me of Rarity!"

"Well, most of that stuff belongs to the girls! The guys didn't bring much, but some of it belongs to the ones who went missing!" Mina yelled out.

After sliding down all the suitcases from the cargo hold and eventually, a few shoulder bags and backpacks, Mina then looked around the plane for any extra items. Eventually, she remembers the cabinet for emergency supplies. Once she opens it, she finds a first aid kit.

"We'll definitely need that..." Mina said to herself. She then finds a flare gun as well. "This must be an extra one aside from the front end or something... but we're gonna need this too."

After a small while of gathering more supplies, Mina slides out of the plane with a few more shoulder bags, only to see that Mia and Eva are going through the luggage.

"We can't take everything with us. We'll only need to take what's important." Mina said upon coming out of the plane, but stopping in her tracks.

"Then what's all of that stuff you got with you, huh?" Mia asked.

"This is all stuff we may need at one point, such as first aid kits, lighter fluid, a box of matches, a flare gun, a compass..." Mina went on.

"Wait, Matches? Lighter fluid?? thought none of that stuff was allowed on the plane!" Mia said.

"Well... technically no, but this was a private flight. We can pretty much carry anything onto our plane, and this stuff was probably belonging to our pilot, or the guys who helped us pack." Eva explained.

"Eva's right. I found that stuff in an extra suitcase among ours. It probably did belong to the pilot." Mina said.

"Either way, good find!" Mia said.

"Uuugh... I brought so much stuff too..." Eva complained.

"Well, get rid of all the make up! We don't need it, do we?" Mia suggested nonchalantly.

"We don't... even though it does pain me a little to part with it." Mina griped.

"Same here... Mia's right. But do we REALLY have to trash it?" Eva asked.

"Well... we could always just leave it behind at the plane over there. We'll just come back for it when everything's over!"

"Well, you guys might wanna hurry and get ya'll stuff sorted out. It's gettin' late, and ya'll DON'T want to go through the forest at dark." Applejack warned.

"Ugh... Guess we'll have to be quick about it... I might have to leave some clothes behind too." Eva said, as she put her more fancy clothes to the side.

"Why are ya'll so down in the dumps about some clothes?" Applejack asked.

"Because we're girls..." Eva answered.

"Human girls. A lot of us care about what we wear." Mina said.

"I don't!" Mia said, jokingly.

"Shut up!" Mina and Eva said in unison.

"Okaaaaaay... ya'll are a buncha weirdos." Applejack tilted her head in confusion.

"You're weird for not wearing clothes!" Mina retorted.

Whaddya expect?! I AM a pony! Wearin' some weird clothes would just get in the way of buckin' the apple trees!" Applejack griped.

"Umm... guys...?" Fluttershy tried to call out to Applejack and the human girls in her reserved tone of voice.

"Wearing clothes just means you won't be naked! There's all kinds of clothes for any sort of job!" Eva snapped back.

"Uhh... they're here..." Fluttershy meekly said once again.

"Gimmie a break! Say if an outfit got caught on somethin? It'll slow me down!" Applejack responded.

"Timberwolves...!" Fluttershy said as loud as she could... but they barely even heard her.

"What?" Everyone asked in unison.

Fluttershy could only point behind them with her forehoof, which finally let them know that the Timberwolves are back, and preying on them.

"Guys get back!" Applejack said, backing away with the girls. However, Mina didn't want to step back.

"I have an idea!" Mina said, hoping to get to the lighter fluid she had set down by their luggage, which caused the Timberwolves to turn their attention to Mina. She ran around the luggage and climbed back into the plane.

"Wait!" Fluttershy called out, but Mina was already trapped in the plane.

"Mina!" Mia was scared, but grabbed a huge briefcase, ran up to the Timberwolves, and smashed one of them to pieces. However, this only angered the other two wolves, and they pounced on Mia instead. She tries to defend herself with the briefcase she has, but they're quickly breaking through her defense, causing her to panic when the back of her hand gets scratched. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! HEEEEEEEEEEELP!!!!! SOMEBODY!!!!"

Mia was scared for her life, but suddenly, Applejack kicked off the heads of the Timberwolves with her back hooves, saving Mia in the process. Mia backed away as fast as she could, thanking Applejack and Fluttershy.

"We gotta go! Timberwolves repair themselves all the time!" Applejack said.

Mina at that point, slides down out of the plane, picks up the lighter fluid, and pours a bit on the parts of the Timberwolves. Just as the Timberwolves are trying to come back to life, she then lights a match and tosses it on the wood, lighting it on fire quite easily. The only thing that could be heard were the pained cries of the burning Timberwolves.

"Ah..." Applejack cringed when she heard the painful cries. Fluttershy could only look away, as she knows that Mina just killed two Timberwolves... Even if they were hostile creatures, it's still sad to watch them die.

"You didn't have to do that..." Fluttershy mumbled under her breath.

Mina, completely out of breath, ended up slumping to the ground. "That was too much..."

"Mia, your hand! it's bleeding!" Eva gasped upon seeing Mia's hand.

"Ah... guess I cut my hand on that thing, huh? Hehehe...?" Mia tried to put on a brave smile, despite being in a sharp pain, causing more beads of sweat to roll down her head.

"I better patch you up!" Eva said.

"Geez..." Mia griped, as she didn't mean to get hurt. But she didn't protest it either since she knew she'd need first aid.

"I'm not as good as Jeremy or Mr. Martin, but this should be easy..." Eva said, using a few supplies from the first aid kit to patch up Mia's hand and stop the bleeding the best she could. After a deep sigh of relief, Eva meekly asked, "We won't have to do something like this again, will we...?"

Applejack wanted to tell them 'no'. She wanted to reassure them. But since there was that possibility that Nightmare Moon may be back, she just couldn't answer. There's no telling when she would attack, or how. Applejack felt bitter, knowing that she'd have to answer honestly.

"It's alright. I already know. We might have to fight for our lives again at some point. We can't just leave the fighting to you ponies. If you got hurt because of us, then that would just be... wrong. You don't need to protect us." Mia said, looking sullen, but reassured Applejack and Fluttershy that they can take care of themselves.

"Well... uhh... It had to be done, ya know...?" Applejack said, trying to console the girls.

"Y-you didn't have to do that to them! I... I could've calmed them down! They were just being mean, they didn't deserve... that!" Fluttershy snapped, mustering her courage to speak her mind.

"And if we just left them alone, they would've ate us! It's kill or be killed!! DID YOU WANT US TO DIE?!" Mina said with brutal honesty, causing Fluttershy to shriek back and fly to her home.

"Oh no..." Applejack felt really bad for Fluttershy.

"Let's get back to the others before it gets dark." Mina said, grabbing as much luggage as she could, with Eva and Mia helping her. It was hard for anyone to tell whether Mina felt bad about telling Fluttershy off or not...

"I'll help ya'll out with that stuff." Applejack said, as she couldn't stay silent. "I reckon I'm stronger than you all, since ya'll are strugglin' wit it all."

"Are you serious?" Mina was narrowed her eyes, confused.

"I'll talk to her, okay? Ah' know ya'll only did it to help yer friends, so don't worry about it." Applejack said, offering to carry some of the load still.

"Thanks." Mina said, with a slight smile on her face.

With that, the girls and Applejack made their way back to Ponyville through the Everfree forest before it got dark, and made it to the town square to meet up with Twilight and the others. Upon meeting them, Mia ran into Jeremy's chest, crying and holding him tight.

"Uhh... what happened...?" Jeremy looked mortified, as he, Trisha, and Kitsu could tell something happened in the forest, judging from everyone's expressions and looking at the bandages on Mia's hand...

Author's Note:

DAT BOLD.

Anything in bold text in any way, shape, or form, is the Flashback Text. So whenever i do a flashback for a character, It'll be exclusively in bold!

Fun, huh?

Anyway, I know. According to a lotta peeps, Timberwolves and Everfree is overused. But at least this didn't take place exclusively at Everfree. Instead, it took place at that ridge, since they needed to get to their plane. >_>

Also, you're learning a LITTLE more about the characters each day. Horray for HIDDEN DEPTHS. WHOO.