• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 2,215 Views, 30 Comments

Her Candidates - Nyte-Blade



When their plane mysteriously crash lands in Equestria, a journalism club's investigative skills are put to the test while trying to find a way home, as they soon discover that the inexplicable plane crash might not be the only mystery...

  • ...
10
 30
 2,215

Whatever the Case May Be

~Previously~

After the encounter with the Shadowbolts, Mina was put in a temporary slumber by Princess Celestia so she could recover from her mental damages inflicted by the Shadowbolts. During this time, Jeremy took the time to reflect on his impatience, as he's forced to accept that this world is not his own, and he has to conform to the world's logic. Afterwards, the humans and ponies discuss what happened, wanting to know why Lightning Dust is working with the Shadowbolts.

Meanwhile, Lightning Dust takes the time to pay Spitfire an unexpected visit, but due to her actions, it doesn't take long for Spitfire and the Wonderbolts to apprehend her. However, the Shadowbolts would arrive just in time to free Lightning Dust from the Wonderbolts. It is then when the Shadowbolts suggest a change in plans by giving Lightning Dust a strange black and red shaded horn and recommending that they hunt down the other humans...


Trisha, after finding Twilight and the others, comes back to their room with the ponies.

"Huh... didn't expect to see them until a little later." Jeremy commented, coming off as annoyed.

"I thought we'd be able to figure something out if we put our heads together." Trisha said, walking back to her bed.

"Sorry, but how's yer friend there? She doin' okay?" Applejack asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." Mina answered, shaking off any drowsiness that remained.

"That's good. So, do you remember anything?" Twilight asked.

"No, I can't. It's kinda blurry. Every time I try to remember, my mind starts to go black or something." Mina awkwardly described, having trouble figuring out what words to use.

"I think Celestia might've purged that memory for you, since you... well, looked pretty bad." Twilight said

"Yeah, I heard." Mina answered, glancing at her friends. "They said It was like I was having a seizure or something."

"If anything, you looked like you had a nightmare; probably the worst one ever." Twilight surmised.

"If that's the case, I'm starting to see why that monster lives up to the name..." Jeremy griped, referring to Nightmare Moon.

"If we ever see the mist, we'll need to steer clear of it. It might even be dangerous to inhale it." Trisha surmised.

"And that brings us to the next mystery: Lighting Dust." Twilight started, "It's clear she's in with the Shadowbolts to capture you guys, but one thing's bugging me. I'm sure you guys figured out what it is, right?" Twilight asked, believing the humans are on the same track.

"Oh, i know! Is it a conspiracy?! Aliens? Other humans? Secret agents?!" Pinkie began guessing.

"Umm... not quite, Pinkie..." Twilight rolled her eyes.

"How about all of the above?" Kitsu chimed in.

"Are we really doing this?" Jeremy asked, scowling at Kitsu and Pinkie.

"No, I'm pretty sure Twilight means if this really ALL Nightmare Moon's doing." Trisha answered, diffusing the silly answers. "It's what I wanted to talk to you about, Twilight. I wanna know more about Princess Luna, regarding her seal."

"That's what I was thinking too. Something's just not right..." Twilight trailed off, felt uneasy.

"I thought the Shadowbolts were just Wonderbolt phonies Nightmare Moon made up to make me betray my friends the first time we saw her." Rainbow said.

"That's the thing! They shouldn't be exist! Princess Luna is sealed away, so Nightmare Moon shouldn't be able to create the Shadowbolts!" Twilight said, feeling agitated.

"Princess Luna did say that the seal isn't perfect either..." Trisha reminded.

"I know, but this still doesn't make sense. Even if the seal's not perfect, I doubt it'd be fragile enough for Nightmare Moon's power to leak out this much..."

"And that brings us back to the big question: Is Nightmare Moon really behind all of this?" Trisha asked. "She's supposed to be sealed."

"Can't we just ask that white Princess already? It's better than just sitting here wrecking our brains over this." Jeremy suggested.

"It's Princess Celestia." Twilight quickly corrected him.

"Whatever. Can we see her or not?" Jeremy asked.

"You don't have to be such a jerk about it. But I'm sure the princess wants to see us too! Let's go everypony! And... err... everyone!" Twilight beckoned the group to go with her to Princess Celestia's chambers. Before they could proceed down the corridor leading to the throne room, a guard walks up to Twilight in a hurry, bearing some news.

"Excuse me Miss Sparkle. Her Highness has just summoned you all and the humans to the royal dining room." The guard said.

"She's expecting us?" Twilight asked, as she wasn't expecting the sudden invitation.

"Yes she is. She sent me here to escort you. This way, please." The guard confirmed with a nod, and then led the way down the long corridor and down some stairs, to the royal dining room.

The room was amazing, as expected of royalty. There was a big round table with a silk table cloth on top, surrounded by well crafted wooden chairs. Up ahead is a large window with a view of the entire town, made only more beautiful by the sunset. After the humans checked their surroundings, Celestia finally graces them with her appearance.

"Welcome, all of you.. I'm glad you all could join me for dinner this wonderful evening." Celestia said, beckoning the group to sit at the table. On the table were a variety of salads and hay for them all, and water in well polished glasses.

"...Hay again...?" Jeremy griped, keeping his voice low key.

"A meal's a meal. We can't really afford to be too picky about what to eat here." Mina replied.

"We were just going to see you, princess. What's the occasion?" Twilight asked, taking her seat along with everyone else.

"I figured you would have to ask me some questions sooner or later, so why not talk over dinner?" Celestia

"She's totally hitting on us, dude... Ack!" Kitsu snarked to Jeremy, only to have his toe stepped on by Mina.

"Okay, well... let's get right to the point. It's about Princess Luna... just when did the seal happen? I need to be sure, because with all that's been happening, we're really confused." Twilight said.

"Well, it was two weeks ago, when Princess Luna came to me, feeling very ill." Celestia trailed off, answering the question.


"My sister... what could be wrong...?!"

My dear sister, was on the floor in my room, surrounded by an aura I'm all too familiar with. She looked as if she were in great pain, suffering from the inside out.

"Celestia... ugh... it's... it's... become... too strong... agh..."

"Nightmare Moon? But... how...?"

"No... time... please... call Cadance... and... seal me away... like last time..."

"But Luna..."

"HURRY AND SEAL ME NOW!!!" My sister howled in the Royal Canterlot voice.

It had seem that this was occurring for some time now, truth be told. She'd struggle with constant relapses of Nightmare Moon attempting to "imprison" her again. However, Nightmare Moon couldn't imprison my newly reformed sister so easily since she had come to known the magic of friendship and harmony. Her belief in her dear friends was enough to keep Nightmare Moon at bay when it repaired itself. However, My sister's will would not keep Nightmare Moon at bay, for it would slowly regain it's strength, until it was overpowering my sister.

And so... I alerted Cadence to help me with the seal. It was a sealing ritual I performed like it was yesterday.

"We really have to do this, huh?" I could see in Cadance's expression that she didn't want to see Luna gone again.

"Yes. Unfortunately, Nightmare Moon threatens Equestria once again." I revealed the grave news to Cadance.

"Can't we just use the Elements of Harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon again?" Cadance asked.

"Nightmare Moon is a prison that's proven capable of repairing itself. I think having to repeat that again and again would become painful for Luna."

It's as I surmised. I believe that my sister wishes for a way to rid her of Nightmare Moon for good this time. So it was then, Cadance and I performed the sealing ritual to seal Princess Luna away.


"Two weeks ago?! But... then, how..." Twilight suddenly stood up, now even more confused. Just how did Nightmare Moon bring them here?

"Is that everything you know? Or everything we NEED to know?" Jeremy asked curtly.

"Hey!" Twilight scolded.

"It depends on how you make use of it." Celestia answered briefly, causing Jeremy's eye to twitch. He then sighed and ate his salad.

"Wait, wasn't Lightning Dust able to use that same attack?" Rarity asked.

"Oh, OH! The one them Shadowbolts was usin'!" Applejack added.

"That would mean Lightning Dust was probably approached by Nightmare Moon at some point... Wait, it'd be impossible for a Pegasus to use the kind of magic that brought the humans here." Twilight surmised.

"I think... I might have an idea..." Fluttershy tried to give her input, but her voice didn't reach anyone.

"Hmph. Maybe she was the one who cut our plane in half." Jeremy said, still nibbling away at the salad.

"Yeah, that's right!" Eva bolted out of her seat, pointing at Jeremy with a fork. "There's no other way to look at it!"

"Hmm... did you, Mina, and Mia take a good look at the plane?" Trisha asked.

"Umm... excuse me." Once again, Fluttershy wasn't heard.

"Yeah, we did!" Eva answered excitedly.

"Well, I was the one who got a close look at it. It was definitely a clean cut." Mina answered.

"Well, I guess that means Lightning Dust is the ass we need to kick." Jeremy popped his knuckles.

"Guys, Fluttershy has something to say!" Twilight interrupted.

"She really should speak louder sometimes. Like me!" Mia bragged a bit.

"Umm... what about her suit...?" Fluttershy meekly asked, unsure if her input would contribute to the speculation.

"Suit? You mean her Shadowbolt suit?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh! Didn't that suit seem to be made out of that mist?" Twilight asked, then added. "When her mask was torn, it was leaking that mist!"

Twilight then glanced at Celestia, who silently enjoyed her food, all while having a smile on her face.

"Oh, don't mind me. I just found it a little entertaining to watch you all piece together this mystery. It's like watching a detective play." Celestia quipped.

"With all due respect Princess, it sounds like you already know the answer." Twilight suspected, squinting her eyes.

"Honestly, I'm not sure how Nightmare Moon could bring the humans to Equestria other than through Lightning Dust. In fact, it sounds like this Lightning Dust is the key to all of this." Celestia gave her input.

"Yeah. It still sucks that she had to turn to Nightmare Moon for revenge." Rainbow said, feeling bitter.

"Hey, didn't she say you snitched on her or something?" Jeremy asked Rainbow.

"I didn't snitch! I just told Spitfire how there's a difference between being reckless and pushing yourself as hard as you can, and quit the academy since it seemed to me that being reckless was rewarded!" Rainbow snapped.

"Huh. Then how the hell did she draw that conclusion of snitching?" Jeremy was confused since Rainbow's explanation sounded nothing like snitching.

"I don't know! She wasn't in the room when I talked to Spitfire about it! All I know is that Spitfire brought me back to the academy since she realized what I said made a lot of sense, and in return, she made me Lead Pony at the cost of expelling Lightning Dust." Rainbow gave a guess, her lips forming a frown.

"Sounds like there's some bad blood between you guys. But hey, we kinda got beef with her too. I'm pretty sure she's the one behind our plane crash." Jeremy said.

"Well, she's still my responsibility!" Rainbow chided.

"And it's her and her damn suit's fault!" Jeremy argued, unknowingly earning the stares of everyone else. "W-what?!"

"I forgot we were talking about her suit, but that's it! Her suit might be the source of her power!" Twilight surmised. "Alright, we're getting somewhere!"

"That would mean Nightmare Moon must've given her a suit at some point." Trisha added.

"Yeah, when she ran away crying." Jeremy and Rainbow said in unison, which caused them to scowl at each other.

"Speaking of that... when did that happen?" Mia asked, looking at Rainbow.

"Oh, that happened last month." Rainbow answered.

"Well, that settles it. A month's plenty of time for Lightning Dust to get in touch with Nightmare Moon somehow." Jeremy chimed in.

"Yeah, I guess..." Trisha agreed solemnly.

"What?" Jeremy scowled at Trisha.

"Well... is that really it? I still feel like we're missing something here. I can't put my finger on it. But..." Trisha sighed, pausing for a moment, then carried on. "I mean... so Lightning Dust gets expelled, and runs home crying... then wouldn't she have had to come here to Canterlot? I'm sure Princess Luna wouldn't go for some random stroll."

"Yeah, but Princess Luna can communicate with anypony through their dreams. It's safe to assume Nightmare Moon can do it too." Twilight added.

"Mmm... yeah, but... I still feel like we're missing something." Trisha said, folding her arms.

"Then the Crystal Empire might be where you'll find that answer, young human." Celestia chimed in.

"Crystal what?" Trisha was thrown off for a moment.

"It ties into the Nightmare Moon legend. And It so happens to be where your other friends are." Celestia said.

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?" Jeremy bolted from his chair and began shouting. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US THAT!?"

"Well, I was rudely interrupted, remember?" Celestia said, reminding them of the Shadowbolts.

"Tch..." Of course, Jeremy clicked his tongue upon realizing that his outburst may have been the initial interruption.

"It's why I summoned you all here, so that perhaps I could shed some light to the mysteries and be of some assistance."

"Well you sure have a hella roundabout way of doing that. Ugh." Jeremy plopped in his chair and folded his arms in frustration. "You're worse than Avu."

"Well, I think this means we should go to the Crystal Empire next. But really, I think it'll be best If we headed back to Ponyville first. We still have our jobs, so I think it would be best if we took care of that..." Twilight chimed in.

"Yeah, we gotta let our friends and co-workers know we'll be gone for a bit." Rainbow said.

"Wow, you guys have jobs too, huh?" Eva asked.

"Well of course, silly! We all work and get paid!" Pinkie answered.

"Yeah, them apples at Sweet Apple Acres ain't gonna buck themselves!" Applejack added.

"Pfft...!" Kitsu laughed to himself.

"Sure, the weather won't be on schedule since nopony else can do it fast like me! But I'm sure it'll be fine." Rainbow bragged.

"Good grief... You guys control the weather?" Jeremy asked.

"Well, of course. All the Pegasi can do that." Twilight answered.

"Mmm... well, I feel a little bad for getting you guys to leave your jobs for our sake." Trisha sheepishly said.

"Well, it shouldn't be too bad. All we need to do is beat the Shadowbolts and get you guys home. We have the Elements of Harmony, so how hard could it be?" Twilight said, feeling confident.

"Okay, well, as long as we don't burden you all somehow. I don't want that to happen." Mina stood her ground.

"Quit yer worryin' already! Ya'll were brought here against ya'll will, right? If anything'll be a burden, it'd be them darn Shadowbolts. Little rascals are more annoyin' than flock of fruit bats." Applejack said reassuringly.

"So we're going back to Ponyville first, right?" Trisha asked.

"Yeah, we just need to take care of some things."

"Yeah, fine. Guess I can go to. Now that I think about it, I wanna go check the plane wreckage." Jeremy grumbled briefly.

"Why? There's nothing else there except other clothes." Mina questioned, believing that it's pointless to go back.

Because..." Jeremy finally finished his salad and stood up. "I need a weapon." He then walked out of the room."

"Is he out of his mind? There's no way we'd have any weapons to use!" Eva said, flabbergasted. "It'd be impossible if we had to go through the airport!"

"No, but that plane was a private jet, right? There might be something we could use..." Trisha said.

"Weapons, huh... I figured it'd come to that." Twilight said, feeling uneasy.

"I kinda see where Jeremy's coming from though. He's basically saying, he doesn't want you guys doing all the work!" Mia said, defending Jeremy.

"Yeah, I guess..." Twilight said, then using her magic to quickly skim through the Book of Humans again. Once she reads the part about how humans have guns, she sighs, and closes the book.

Afterwards, the group say their goodbyes to Princess Celestia and board the train back to Ponyville.

During the ride on the train, Twilight is reading through the book of humans once more, locked in a deep focus with Trisha next to her. Trisha however, breaks that focus for a moment.

"Twilight, you've looked like that since the dinner. What's wrong?" Trisha asked.

"Well, It's just... I'm reading on how good and evil works in your world." Twilight said, showing Trisha the passage she's reading. "Oh, oops... I forgot, you can't read our language."

Trisha never got a good look at the medium-size tan-colored book before, but now that she looks at it up close, she notices that the edges of the cover look worn off and have traces of sand, and that there's nothing on the cover except for the words 'Humans: A Study of their Free Will' written in English. However, the text inside is definitely a language she's never seen before.

"Oh, it's fine. But I get what you mean. Is Equestria like that too?" Trisha asked.

"Well, considering you guys did get attacked today, I think that'd answer your question." Twilight answered, followed by a dry laugh. "Equestria has it's share of dangers too. It's just, when I read the part about guns, I just see that as something... really vile, you know?" Twilight said, feeling bitter.

"I guess you hate how guns kinda make murder an easy thing to do, right?" Trisha said.

"It's just... they instill a brand of fear into others just as quickly as the dangerous creatures! Fear, hate, chaos... It's just... there's some history about world wars as well... I'm beginning to wonder who even wrote this book, and how they know so much, and if Celestia actually read through it..." Twilight trailed off.

"I'm curious as to what Princess Celestia thinks of that book..." Trisha wondered.

"You know, even if there weren't guns, I believe murder's still possible through a variety of means." Mina, who was sitting behind Trisha, chimed in after hearing her.

"I know that!" Twilight answered quickly, but slowed down as she finished. "I know... it's just people instill fear into others with just weapons in general. Then again, it's also possible with magic, or being in control of dangerous creatures..."

"That just don't happen as often here in Equestria." Applejack added. "This place has love and harmony all around, ya know? It's just some ponies don't like followin' tha rules."

"I know. Some of the most dangerous enemies we've defeated, like, Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra..." Twilight listed off the various enemies.

"You guys fought a lot of bad guys huh? You really are heroes..." Trisha trailed off, feeling admiration for the ponies, but her eyes lowered, and her mouth formed a slight frown.

"What's wrong?" Twilight asked, noticing Trisha's expression.

"Ah! It's nothing! Really!" Trisha answered as she waved the suspicion away. "I was just admiring how you guys are pretty much official heroes and get respect for it." Trisha desperately explained.

"Mmm... I don't think being a Hero is the right term. We just do the right thing, to help maintain the balance of harmony, that's all. Being called a hero is a bit heavy..." Twilight said, giving a wry smile. "If anything, I'd prefer to just live my normal life, writing letters to the princess about every lesson of friendship we learn all the time."

"Well... we're friends, right? I mean, I'm sure you've questioned the credibility of that book from time to time, especially when you read some of the more crazy stuff about our species..." Trisha asked.

"Well, to be honest, I never thought about that... I just talk to you about the book sometimes because, it's as you think, I do question this book's credibility. But our conversations help me confirm a lot of things. So yeah, I'd like to be friends and learn more about your culture and your species! I'm quite curious about humans myself afterall!" Twilight said.

"Only an egghead like you, Twi." Rainbow snarked.

"Says the one who reads Daring Do every time a new book comes out!" Twilight quipped.

"Hey, Daring Do is a COOL book for cool ponies like me!" Rainbow declared.

"Well that makes me cool then too, because I love Daring Do!" Twilight retorted, which only resulted in laughter from everypony.

"What the hell is a 'Daring Do'?" Jeremy asked abruptly.

"Oh for the LOVE OF CELESTIA..." Rainbow groaned in annoyance at the question "How can you not-"

"Well excuuuuuuuuuuuse me for not knowing about your world's literature!" Jeremy quickly argued back, as he knew what she'd say.

"He's a human, and he's not from Equestria, remember? It'd be impossible for him to know that." Rarity said.

"Heh, well, that just means he's not even cool!" Rainbow retorted.

"I don't wanna be considered 'cool' by someone like you!" Jeremy said, resulting in him and the cyan pegasus exchanging glares.

"Well, to be fair, none of us humans know who Daring Do is." Mina said.

"Gotta resist..." Kitsu knew what kind of joke he wanted to say, but held back, all the while covering his mouth, muffling his laughter.

"Alright, before you guys go home, you guys will know just how cool Daring Do is!" Rainbow said boldly, then turned to Jeremy, "ESPECIALLY you, you uncool human!"

"Good luck with that." Jeremy snarked.

"Count on it!" Rainbow agreed, taking the challenge.


After a lengthy train ride, the group arrives back in Ponyville. By this time, the sun was steadily going down. From there, everyone began to split up for their own tasks.

"Allllrighty, now that we're here, time to go to that plane." Jeremy said, starting to walk off.

"You forgot what we said about the Everfree forest already, huh?" Twilight asked.

"Come on, I'm just gonna dash on through, get to the plane, and come back. How hard can it be?" Jeremy asked, giving an inquisitive look. He really did think it'd be easy.

"But it's almost night time!" Twilight warned. "It always becomes dangerous at night!"

"Bah! It'll be an hour till dark. I'll be back in thirty minutes." Jeremy said, starting to walk off, but is stopped by Rainbow.

"Once it gets dark, and you're in the forest, you'll never come out!" Rainbow warned in a condescending manner.

"Uuuuuugh!" Twilight groaned, feeling annoyed, knowing that Jeremy and Rainbow may argue again. "We don't have time for this!"

"I don't buy it. Like I said, it'll be an hour before it gets dark." Jeremy began walking off, but suddenly, Rainbow picked him up and flew him to the airplane, way faster than he could've gotten there by running.

"How do you like THAT? Ten. seconds. FLAT." Rainbow bragged.

"ARGH!!! No one asked you to do that!" Jeremy kicked the ground out of frustration as he yelled.

"I did it to see the look on your face!" Rainbow taunted.

"Goddamn show-off..." Jeremy grumbled. He then took a deep breath to calm down, and turned his attention to the plane that's tilted against the mountain. "Well, since I'm here..."

Jeremy walked into the open end of the plane and went up inside by climbing the seats. Entering the cargo hold where the majority of their luggage once was, he looks around to see that the area is pretty wrecked. To the left, he finds an open cage once held together by a chain. There's nothing useful except for a crowbar left behind, which was presumably used to force the cage open.

"Well, this is useful..." Jeremy picked up the crowbar, doing a test swing. "Nice..." He then takes the loose chain with the bent edges off of the cage and wraps it around his hand. "Makeshift brass knuckle... alright." He then looks over to find a few broken steel bars and chooses to pull them off, using the crowbar to help force them off.

"Hey, quit being such a slow poke in there!" Rainbow yelled at him.

"Finding useful weapons takes time, you jerk!" Jeremy yelled back at Rainbow. He opens his bag to place all the items inside, but hears a jingle inside. "Well, looks like I forgot about these..."

Jeremy then slides down out of the plane after slipping the weapons into his shoulder bag. He laid out a crowbar, a chain, and four steel bars, one more edged than the others.

"Hey, I found a little nice weapon." Jeremy said, picking up one of the steel pipes and swinging it like a baseball bat, which nearly caught Rainbow off guard.

"Hey! Watch it!" Rainbow chided.

"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just testing the weapons." Jeremy said, this time swinging the bar like a sword.

"Well test it on the Shadowbolts, you moron!" Rainbow snapped at him.

"Relaaaaaaax, I wouldn't do something so heinous as hit you with a pipe or a chain, or a crowbar..." Jeremy said with a smug expression.

"Then what's with that look!?" Rainbow noted the somewhat maniacal expression he was wearing.

"Oh, this face? It's how I always look!" Jeremy smiled, swinging the crowbar around this time, albeit a little wildly.

"Sounds like you're insane to me, big guy." Rainbow surmised, keeping her distance.

"Nah, I'm not insane. I'm just feeling useful in a way. I wanted to arm my crew. That incident back at Canterlot's got me feeling a little cautious." Jeremy said.

"Then shouldn't you arm yourself?" Rainbow said, breathing a sigh of relief since he stopped testing the weapons.

"Oh, I already had a weapon. I just pretty much forgot about it until now when I opened my bag to carry these things. See this chain? Trisha's an ass kicker, so she'd use it as a brass knuckle. Eva, Mina, and Mia... They can use some pipes. Kitsu can have that crowbar. But me?" Jeremy dug into his bag and pulled out some keys. "I have these..."

"Wait, what are those?" Rainbow asked, finding that his keys look vastly different from their own keys.

"Oh...well, I guess the keys in this world are more of the old ages... none of the modern-day stuff. But these are my house keys." Jeremy said, placing a key between each finger. "It'll hurt like hell if I don't be careful, but it's more effective than you think."

"You really are crazy..." Rainbow said, scowling at Jeremy.

"Nah... I just have a few screws loose, that's all, no biggie." Jeremy said, putting the weapons back into his bag. "So don't worry about it too much. You'll get a headache."

"I've got my eye on you then! And just so you know, you couldn't hit me even if you tried!" Rainbow boasted.

"Hmph. Yeah, well, I don't have wings to fly around like a butterfly all day. So you got one on me. I'd just have to getcha while you're sleeping." Jeremy looked away with a smirk.

"Alright, you're asking for it!" Rainbow moved into a fighting stance.

"Settle down, Skittles. I'm not gonna fight ya." Jeremy said, suddenly nicknaming her.

"Wha- SKITTLES!?" Rainbow was thrown off guard instantly by the sudden nickname.

"Yeah. Skittles. I think the shoe fits ya well." Jeremy said, walking off. "Whelp, time to head back to townOOOWAAAH!?!" Suddenly, Jeremy felt himself unexpectedly flying at high speed once again, feeling the heavy amount of wind slapping him in the face. Once he was dropped, he looked up to see Rainbow looking smug at him, which ticked him off as usual. "I SAID DON'T DO THAT!"

"You shoulda never called me Skittles! BLEEEEEEEEGH!" Rainbow stuck her tongue out and flew off.

"YEAH, YOU BETTER RUN, SKITTLES!!!" Jeremy stood up as he yelled into the sky at her, shaking his fist.

Once he turned around, he noticed Kitsu, Mina, Eva, and Mia there, waiting for him.

"You guys didn't hear that, did you...?" Jeremy asked, becoming embarrassed.

"Yep... so you went and nicknamed her. I thought you only did that for crew members." Eva wondered.

"HOW CUTE! Awwww, you don't hate Rainbow after all, do you?" Mia teased.

"Hey, the name was insulting! And it pisses her off, just like I want! HAH! Anyway, where's Trish?" Jeremy asked, since he didn't see her there.

"She went with Twilight. Those two really get along huh?" Mia said, then tilted her head in curiosity.

"With the way she's been curious about this world, she probably just likes asking the smartest pony in the bunch." Jeremy said.

"She is kinda the brains of their group, huh?" Mia asked.

"She's gotta be. At least she ain't a douche about it like Megan is though." Jeremy said.


Meanwhile, Trisha and Twilight are at the Golden Oaks Library.

"Welcome back, Twilight!" Spike greeted her. "I'm always shocked to see how many ponies love a good read sometimes!"

"Thanks for taking care of the place while I was gone, but, I'll be gone for just a wee bit longer!" Twilight said sheepishly.

"Aww, are you kidding me?" Spike's shoulders slumped as he griped.

"No, I'm afraid not. We have to go to the Crystal Empire to help the humans." Twilight explained.

"I was wondering why this little guy wasn't with you." Trisha said, looking at Spike.

"I had him watch the place while I was gone." Twilight answered, then turned back to Spike. "Well, I did say you could've asked Lyra or Bon Bon for help. What happened?"

"Well, I tried looking for Lyra, but I haven't seen her around all day!" Spike answered, albeit a bit agitated. "I couldn't find BonBon either!"

"Hmm..." Twilight began to think about the two ponies Spike mentioned.

"Lyra? BonBon?" Trisha naturally didn't know who they were talking about.

"Oh, Lyra Heartstrings. She used to be a classmate of mine back when I attended magic school at Canterlot. We're friends now, and she used to volunteer to help with the place whenever I was out saving the world. And Bon Bon is her friend. They're pretty much always together. I don't' know why they aren't in town though..." Twilight said, feeling that them being out of town this late is a little strange. "Now that I think about it, I haven't seen Lyra ever since I got this old book from Princess Celestia... she would've been excited to have a look through it..."

"How about we get the Cutie Mark Crusaders to watch the place? I mean, They'd do a way better job than me!" Spike suggested while he looked away. Twilight could tell from his face that he just wants to avoid doing his task.

"They don't know anything about being a librarian! And you're the only one who knows the job well enough to handle it for me while I'm gone!" Twilight said as she used her magic to clean up the library a bit by putting away some books.

"Come oooooon, Twilight!" Spike continued his complaint.

"Okay, okay, if you do as I ask, I promise I'll bake a gem encrusted cake with you when we get back, okay?" Twilight asked, making an offer.

"Mmm... I don't know..." Spike was unsure.

"Please, Spike! I'll make the cake as big as a wedding cake! So please??" Twilight begged, giving a pout.

"Mmm... I'm still not sold." Spike gave Twilight a deadpan look, unconvinced of her offers.

"I'll help make it so you and Rarity can eat some cake together!" Twilight added.

"Whoa! A gem cake, and a date with Rarity!? I'm SOLD!" Spike was ecstatic.

"Okay, thanks! Watch the place well while I'm gone, okay? I'll be back as soon as I can!" Twilight bid farewell to the little dragon.

With that, Trisha and Twilight leave the library and head back into town to meet with the other humans. Even now, Ponyville's still just a little busy.

"That little dragon likes Rarity? Like, romantically?" Trisha asked, curious about it.

"Yeah. It's pretty obvious actually." Twilight answered.

"Hmm... A dragon and a pony... is... is that even..." Trisha sounded doubtful, and also a little squicked.

"Oh! Uhh... right... you're talking about THAT. Well... it IS possible. It would explain how something like Discord came to be."

"Discord? Is he some Dragon-pony hybrid?" Trisha asked.

"Hard to say... his body parts aren't really that of a pony's. It's somewhat... strange though. But he's what's called a draconequus." Twilight explained.

"Umm... so... well, speaking of that, even though you all are umm... *ahem* naked, what about the umm... private... areas? How... haven't we seen them?" Trisha's cheeks gradually turned red.

"Geez, this is embarrassing... ah..." Twilight's cheeks became red as well, wanting to explain, but feeling awkward about it. "W-w-well... they... well... it's... invisible until... um... you know... it's... that time."

"I'm guessing... like when you have someone to love, right?" Trisha nervously guessed.

"Right... Oh, this is embarrassing... I never liked talking about that, yet alone thinking about it!" Twilight complained.

"I... see." Trisha said, feeling uneasy at the thought of a pony and a dragon mating. She then shook her head frantically the moment some images popped into her head.

Once Twilight and Trisha meet back up with their friends and thankfully shook off the feeling of embarrassment. Back together, they depart for the train station, hoping to take the last train to the Crystal Empire.

"So how'd things go with you guys?" Twilight asked her friends.

"Big Mac said he'd have few members of the family come on down to help with the apples. He'll also make sure Applebloom helps out a little more too, which is a relief!" Applejack said.

"I of course, already have a few fashionistas such as myself to help with my boutique! I told them to make sure the place remains fabulous in my absence!" Rarity said.

"I-I asked for a caretaker to feed my animals..." Fluttershy said, nervously.

"The Cakes already said they'll take care of the shop while I'm gone! I even brought my party cannon with me!" Pinkie said, standing next to a huge, pink cannon with a star pattern on it.

"What the hell!?" Jeremy looked at the cannon, which looked pretty lethal.

"Umm... there's no way to carry that on the train... here, let me help." Twilight used her magic to shrink the cannon to the size of her hoof.

"Ooo, a MINI cannon! Let's try it!" Pinkie tried to fire the cannon, but whatever ammo is in there, it shrunk too. "Aww..."

"I already got a few friends to help with the weather, so no big deal there." Rainbow said, waving off the worries.

"And well, you know us. We're all set." Trisha said.

"Not yet! I almost forgot!" Jeremy said, taking the items he got from the plane out of his bag.

"Whoa, I forgot about the tools in there." Mina said, looking at the crowbar, remembering that she used it to get a few items out of there.

"Yep. A chain for Trish, a pipe for Mina, Mia, and Eva, and a crowbar for Kitsu." Jeremy took each weapon and placed one on each hand of his crew.

"Wait, why do I get a chain?" Trisha asked.

"You used to fight, right? Use it as a brass knuckle! Or swing it around! Whipah! Wham, ya know? It's actually pretty thick and looks strong too, so if we get attacked, we can defend ourselves." Jeremy said, watching his crew place their weapons in their bags.

"Wait, you didn't get yourself a weapon... don't tell me you're using your keys again..." Mia said, sounding worried as she closed her bag up.

"Yep." Jeremy answered quickly.

"Don't blame me if you scar your fingers." Mina said.

"Maybe he wants to become the master of unlocking." Kitsu joked.

"Shut up. We gotta get going anyway." Jeremy said.

"Alright, we're all set, so let's get going!" Twilight said, beckoning the group to come with her.

Everyone began boarding the train to the Crystal Empire, but Eva stops for a moment when she notices a Wonderbolt putting up a poster...

"Hey, hurry up or you'll be left behind!" Jeremy called out to her before she could take a look.

"Oh, sorry!" Eva ran onto the train before it closed.

Once everyone took their seats and the train started to move...

"Okay, what was that about?" Jeremy turned around and asked Eva, irritated that she was almost left behind.

"I just saw a Wonderbolt putting up a poster over there! Look!" Eva pointed out of the window, looking at the train station wall to see the poster.

Rainbow looked outside as well, even opening the window quickly to glance at the poster. But the face she saw caused her to seethe with anger.

"You've GOT to be kidding me!!" Rainbow shouted.

"Whoa, what's wrong??" Twilight looked to Rainbow, confused as to why she'd be angry.

"The Wonderbolts were putting up a WANTED poster for Lightning Dust!" Rainbow seethed.

Author's Note:

I'm no good with the Royal Palace... But hey, when you have a place that big, it's best to pull some stuff outta your hat. And so that's what I did, and I don't regret it.

As for this chapter... I felt this chapter just adds more buildup to future events. That, and I finally take the time to describe what the Book of humans looks like, which is something i SHOULD have done back in the very beginning of this fic. But better late than never, right? The book, which is basically used as an excuse to exchange information between species... well, I don't wanna reveal too much about that book. ;)

As for the Lyra and Bonbon helping thing... Probably way off the mark. But I don't care. I kinda needed to throw a bone in there. Can't leave a hole like that open, even if jobs aren't plot related.

I think I'm practically going full on Persona 4 style of storytelling here. Action, then Speculation, then Character development and plot progression, then action again. kinda like that. I mean, I feel like these guys could be in a Persona game, and be awesome.

But I've no problems with that. I like Persona 4. Lots of people like Persona 4.