• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 940 Views, 6 Comments

Descent into Darkness - Raven Shadow



Why was King Sombra the way he is? Was he just EVIL to begin with? No hear the king's story as it should be told.

  • ...
3
 6
 940

Unbound and in love<3

Am I the only unicorn stallion to truly know so much pain? I know everypony feels a pain that is unbearable to deal with, but they have a family or friends to turn too. I had Princess Sapphire alone to confide in. I was truly greatful to know her. Oh where did I last leave off of? Ah I remember now how I was pulled off of the captain of the guard. Hahaha that would be five years from where I'm starting now, why? Because I'm telling the damn story that's why! Don't like it then go talk to your marefriend over there... she does remind of my Sapphire... no I'm not crying I just got some snow in my eyes! Please just go and give me a few minutes please...

The years after my brawl with the so proud captain, I earned my spot as the new captain of the Crystal Task Force. I felt alive , and I felt a new lease on life. Sapphire and I spent less time together... I wish it wasn't like this. My duty was interfering with my time with her.
Unfortunately for my soldiers I kept inspections up with a healthy dose of exercise if any of them failed. How many times was I out there, drilling my troops? Well most of the time I would glance up and see her, just watching me. Dear sweet Sapphire, you are an beautiful light in such a dab world. I just wish I had some time off.

Well you that saying don't you? If you really wish for something it will come to you. Or is it something else? A thousand years really isn't good for a memory when you've been a shadow. Well yes I remember where I was. I wished for some time with the princess.

She had requested me to the dinning hall, I swear I felt my heart leap inside my chest. I ran through the palace as fast. So many times I had done this. Just running my way in the palace. Until the dinning hall doors stopped me dead. I tried to compose myself as best as I could, that's when the door smashed in my face. Terrific. Whoever opened the damnable door was going to deal with me.

"What's the big idea about that?!" I nearly screamed with tears clouding my vision. A giggle that's what caught me off guard. Sapphire oh she was going to get it Hahaha. I hurled myself at her, causing us both to fall onto the floor laughing. She still had the most beautiful voice. We stayed there for I guess ten minutes, before her father called for me. Uh oh. Walking with as much pride as I could, I made it to the throne.

"Sapphire please allow Sombra and I to have a few minutes to speak my dear child." The king said.

"Father don't be to hard on him it was all in good fun please?" She still giggled about what just happened. The king merely nodded. Once Sapphire had left the room I noticed the vibe pulled a 180. He glared at me for what seemed like hours, before he broke into the biggest smile I've ever seen from him. And of course he broke the silence.

"I've seen how you two act, it warms my heart to know my daughter smiles when around you. So Sombra I offer my approval. You and my daughter are meant for each other, please take care of her." When he finished speaking my heart was pounding against my chest, it must have been loud because the king again laughed. Once he dismissed me I swear I flew. Down the halls and rooms, looking for my beloved. Once I found her I tackled her with a powerful embrace. She gasped then was cut off by my kiss, which she returned with equal passion. For an hour we stayed like that. Nopony bothered us as we were locked with each other. Sapphire then caught me by surprise, by whispering we will anouce this to the entire kingdom.

.....

"My dear subjects it is with great honor and pride to anouce my Coltfriend Sir Sombra of the Crystal Task Force. And the king to say a few words, father." Sapphire said with grace. Then the king's turn to speak caught me by surprise again. (I know how many times in a day could I be surprised).

"Well I am old and all my life I've watched my lovely daughter grow into the beautiful mare she is today. And Sombra when I first heard of you I knew you had many great things in your future. So I would like to say, Sombra I name you heir of the throne and this glorious kingdom and I offer you my blessing for marriage." All this to take in my mind spun at breakneck speeds so much so I collasped. The darkness closed in on my vision.

Author's Note:

Along awaited chapter. Sorry it took so long to write it, even though it is a short chapter I didn't think I could write this one because I wrote it still in a relationship. And my ex future wife to be left me in the cold. But I can finally move the story along.