• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 940 Views, 6 Comments

Descent into Darkness - Raven Shadow



Why was King Sombra the way he is? Was he just EVIL to begin with? No hear the king's story as it should be told.

  • ...
3
 6
 940

What doesn't kill you...

That night I rested in Canterlot, if you can even call it rest. My heart filled with sadness, how long was I out? My little girl wouldn't even know me... I was alone. I was powerless to do anything at this point in my life. The hell of war forever stained into my mind, my daughter calling that other stallion daddy.... talk about tear jerking. I just laid in the bed made for two wallowing in sorrow. Celesta and Luna would check on me every now and then, and each time they'd find me looking over the balcony. My back turned to them so they wouldn't see the tears falling.

About a month later I walked outside of the castle, just walking without reason. The princesses didn't know I was up and about, they had there courts to attend to. One night I sat alone in the garden, enjoying the peaceful silence. Or I was until Celestia snuck up from behind me. Instead of trying to scare me she laid a wing over me, comforting me. I can only assume what she wanted to ask me. But we just sat there for an hour. My eyes closed still fighting tears, head facing the ground.

"Sombra. Please talk to me. I'm here to help." I felt the warmth radiating from her. I looked up to see a loving smile. Only to jerk away from her.

"I want my daughter. To hold her and tell her I LOVE HER. Keep her safe. But she won't know I'm her real father. But I can't take her away from her mother, even if she didn't wait for my return".

"Sombra that's very thoughtful, you would've made a great father". Those words stung I would have? No I should be! So I snapped back at her.

"Would have? Would have? No oh no, I should be there now! Not here with you". As I said this I saw Celeatia shrink back as though I spit at her. Maybe I did I can't remember every detail. Seeing her cringe as I spoke was fun, but wrong. "Celestia, I'm sorry. Just make me one promise please".

"Yes Sombra?"

"Just watch over my daughter, keep her safe?"

"Yes Sombra I will". When she said that I left her presence. I returned to my room, instead of sleep I chose to practice my magic again. Through the night I endlessly kept up my magic practice. Until I remembered the war and that stallion. It filled me with anger and hatred. Things I had long forgot, but this time was different. My magic turned blackish purple, and as the morning sun rose I felt, I felt free! The door to my room opened and there in the doorway was Luna. I didn't have time for another heart to heart, I had magic to hone. But she walked to me, covering me with her wings as she embraced me. I felt her crying. Why was she crying? Wait I didn't care. I wanted to make myself more powerful. But she wouldn't let go of me. This was getting me no where fast. So I pulled away from her, staring at her. She wept even more? For the love my flank. So I finally asked her what was eating at her. What she said caught me by surprise.

"Sombra I want you to know from the moment you became a stallion I felt like I needed you. I know this sounds crazy but Sombra I think I love you". My anger intensified, all the will I had gone. Purple mist began to flow from my eyes, the whites of my eyes turned green while my iris turned red. What I didn't know at the time was I just invented dark magic. Dark magic fueled by my rage and sadness made me strong, stronger than I was before! Oh the power! But this mare in front of me was a mockery of my strength. I could feel her fear? This was incredible I can feel emotions that cause negative things. Yes this was something new and great! I eased my way up to her, putting on the most seductive smile I could possibly muster I spoke with her.

"My dear sweet Luna, I have as well. Even though Sapphire held my lust, you have my heart". Oh she took the bait with hook, line and sinker. Too easy. She sat on my bed, blushing and giggling like a filly about to have a party. I sat next to her my eyes locked with hers. We shared a kiss of passion. What she didn't know was I planted seeds of evil into her mind. How open her mind was it wasn't hard. As we "made love" I would whisper that her sister hogs the glory, leaving her in the dark. She bought every word. Stupid simple mare. Hahahahahahaha fools. As she left to raise the moon I slipped away from the castle. Traveling north. Traveling back home.

Author's Note:

Wow this story is pretty much writing itself now. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter maybe about four more or three I don't know but I hope you are liking this story. Love you guys!