• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 940 Views, 6 Comments

Descent into Darkness - Raven Shadow



Why was King Sombra the way he is? Was he just EVIL to begin with? No hear the king's story as it should be told.

  • ...
3
 6
 940

My Darkness is ever lasting

Hello, well I'm nearly finished with my tale. This has brought back so many memories. Both happy and horrible. But before I finish my story I must ask some questions. How does a father that has done so many cruel things ever face his child? How does one redeem the unredeemable? What would happen should Cadence known I am her father? How can I repay for everything I have done?

Needless to say I ruled with an iron hoof. So many were broken. So many pleas to stop the punishments. I truly deserve to burn in hell...

It was thirty-two years into my rule, I think... I locked my age. I had basically unlocked the secret of immortality, I saw it as the final piece to ascending into godhood. I know now it was a mistake. I had already lost. How you ask? Simple, I became a monster. I lost my sanity. You know what happens next. The royal sisters banished me to the ice where I stay'd for a thousand years. My daughter was married to a unicorn stallion, who was a brother to Twilight Sparkle. I guess that makes me her uncle. I pray that whatever fate awaits me allows me to right my wrongs. Celestia if you can hear me allow me to see my daughter as I was before I became this... this monster. Please I beg of you. Show me that kindness once. Please. I want her to know I wasn't always a monster...

Yes I am crying I may never see my baby again. Listen to me treasure your loved ones, don't let them forget how much you love them... I let hate rule most my life and well look at me slowly fading into nothing... my hopes and dreams shattered and lost. Please tell the world of my story so I'm not veiwed just as a monster or a beast. I know my time is short so please while I'm still here tell a group of fillies and colts so I may listen. Thank you.


You possibly told it better than I did. And how you weaved it, oh it was like poetry. But the day is ending, you have a mare to see.