• Published 3rd Jan 2013
  • 940 Views, 6 Comments

Descent into Darkness - Raven Shadow



Why was King Sombra the way he is? Was he just EVIL to begin with? No hear the king's story as it should be told.

  • ...
3
 6
 940

Just pisses me off

Time skip! Hahaha after weeks of traveling back to the Crystal Empire, I made it back
This would be fun. I noticed that the king was still alive, just how old was he? You know what didn't matter I was going to pay him a litlle visit too. Hahahaha the fun I was going to have! I slammed the doors open to the effect every guard shook and other gasped as I proudly waltzed in. Wearing my armour and still alive must have been a sight to see. They didn't know what to expect hahahahaha. Anyway I was expected to be dead or just brain dead. What fools. They didn't even stop me from making my way to see the king.

Once I was at his door I opened them slowly, for dramatic effect. The old fool of a king smiled when he saw me, he had no idea I was going to kill him. He beckoned me to his side. Coughing and sometimes heaving into a bucket, I felt nothing but pity at the once proud ruler. I made my way to his bedside slowly. I wondered if he'd die before I got to him. No he didn't.

"Sombra my boy, look at you. Full health, still in great shape". He coughed even more, to just prevent the end. "I'm sorry that Sapphire moved on. But it was for the best".

Again my anger rose sharply, the mist billowing out of my eyes. I could only look at him with disgust. "For the best? I will never be able to see my daughter, and its for the best? Do you take me for a fool?" He cringed as I spat those words at him. "I can never hold my daughter or my Sapphire and its for the best? No it isn't." He just stared at me, shaking with fright.

"I'm sorry that this happened to you..."

"Shut your mouth old delirous fool! I want what is mine. And you're the one thing in my way. I'll say this once, where is my Cadence?" He wouldn't tell me where she was. I counted on that. I used my new found abilities with vigor. He asked what I used on him, to which I responded with "Dark magic". He couldn't possibly know what it was so I gave him a little show. I called a guard in. The moment he stepped in his legs broke, his fat face suffered cuts and bruises, and as an added bonus I made him face his worst nightmare. Hahahahaha the sweet suffering. The king watched as this guard died a slow and very painful death. I turned back to the king, his eyes were wide with terror. I chuckled. "Where is she?"

Well long story short I killed him by throwing from his balcony. He landed with a nice splat on the palace steps. When I looked out side I saw Sapphire! Her and the stallion, with my little filly. I leapt off the balcony, using my magic to land safely. Sapphire saw me. Terror flashed across her face. She knew I had strong magical abilities, and this must have shown her I was even stronger. She told that stallion something because he put Cadence on his back and ran. I held my attention on Sapphire. She was now the one thing in my way. Little did I know Cadence was taken to Celestia and the stallion would be pleading for her help. That would bite me in the flank years after that day. But nothing would deter me from this, not even a night with Celestia. That's how dead set I was on making Sapphire pay for her sin. I made beg for death after I was finished. But I remembered her father promised me the throne. Just before night overtook the city I made a very public speech.

"Its been a long time since you have seen me moving about, but as your new king I promise there will be many great changes! As I King Sombra lead this empire into the future, we will be a example to the rest of Equestria!" Many cheered for me while others hissed many curses on my name. They would be dealt with in due time. But I needed rest, after all what would a king be without some well earned rest.