• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 1,162 Views, 25 Comments

The Mystery of Lighting Twister - Fire-dance



When cancer is threatening his life, one last wish transports him to Equestria.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,162

Meeting Scootaloo

"You must be Lightning Twister," Scootaloo said. "I've a heard a little about you. Where are you from?"
"Scoots, Twister may not want to talk about his past. Just give him time and he'll tell us soon," Rainbow Dash said.
"Honestly I don't remember where I came from. Wish I did though," I responded.
"Do you at least remember how you got your cutie mark?" Scootaloo asked. Thinking quickly I just made up a story of how I got my cutie mark.
"Well I do remember that. I was about your age when I found an interest in flying. My dad worked at the weather factory where I lived and had a job in making twisters for when we had a shortage in water. I thought it would be cool to have a cutie mark in making twisters. That ended up with me flying around in circles trying to make a twister. Well I made a twister and... I'll tell you the rest tomorrow night."
"What! Why? It was just getting good," Scootaloo exclaimed. To tell you the truth I ran out of ideas to tell Scootaloo.
"Time to go to bed anyway Scoots," Rainbow Dash said.
That night I had a dream of how I got my cutie mark.

***
"Can I go see how the weather works? I'll be good!" Said a younger Lightning Twister.
"Sure. Maybe I could show you how to make a twister, too," Said Twisters dad. His dad was an aqua blue stallion like himself but he had green eyes and blue tips at the end of his mane\tail. When they were at the weather factory, Twister and his dad had to put on hard hats at the factory.
"While we're here I want you to call Mr. Twister Chaser," Twister's dad said.
"Really?" Twister asked with a sad tone in his voice.
"I'm just kidding Twist-tie. Come on I'll go show you how a twister is made." Lightning Twister and his dad walked over to where Twister Chaser worked.
"How would like to make a twister, Twist-tie?" Twister Chaser asked.
"YES!" Twister responded with the most excited voice he ever had.
"What's going to happen in order to make a twister is we have to have at least thirty pegasi and you fly like you never flew before."
"Yes sir!"
"I'm going to see if my co-workers want to make a twister too. Stay here."
Lightning Twister waited patiently on a cloud for his father to come back. His heart dropped when his father told him they couldn't make the twister today.
"If we can't make the twister together then I'll make it myself," Lightning Twister told himself. Lightning Twister may have been one Pegasus, but he was a strong one. Twister went round and round in circles to try to make a twister. He tired himself out trying to make one.
"Maybe I can't make a twister." Just before Lightning Twister lost hope, he remembered reading that only two of the strongest pegasi can make a twister with each other not apart.
"I'll show my dad that I am one of the strongest pegasi he has ever seen!" Lightning Twister had gotten a pair of goggles out of the factory and had prepared for the twister. This time, he had given the twister all he had and had started the tip of the twister. When he felt tired, he remembered why he was making the twister. In a matter of minutes the twister had formed.
The twister went all the way to the ground and Lightning Twister couldn't hold it anymore. He fell to the tip of the twister and then he flew back up! Lightning Twister flew further then the eye of twister and in doing so made the twister follow him while he flew. Just like how the Wonder-bolts have smoke following them. Lightning Twister stopped when he saw his dad was following him.
"Did you see me dad? Did you see me?" Twister asked.
"You made a twister by yourself. How could I not see it?!" Twister's dad said. "There's something on your flank!"
"What is it? I can't see it!" Twister spun around in a circle trying to see what was on his flank.
"Well it's a yellow lightning bolt with a two twister near its sides."
"I got my cutie mark!"

***


I was awoken by a knock on the front door. I slept on the couch to a shortage of beds in the house. I walked up to the door and opened it.
"Is Rainbow Dash here?" Asked a yellow Pegasus with a pink mane.
"Down the hall. She should be awake." I responded. I don't know why I didn't notice that the pony was Fluttershy.
"I have to go, something about Spike and timber-wolfs. Can you watch Scootaloo for me?" Rainbow Dash asked.
"I have no problem watching her. She's a neat filly," I responded.
"Great! See you soon."
Scootaloo woke up shortly after Rainbow Dash left.
"Where's Rainbow Dash?" Scootaloo asked.
"Something about Spike and timber-wolfs," I told Scootaloo. "Do you want me to take you anywhere? Friends house, the store?"
"No I'm good. You can finish the story of how you got your cutie mark."
"You don't want to go to a friends house? Come sit down with me." I gestured for Scootaloo to sit next to me and she toke the offer.
" Sweetie-Belle is on a vacation and Apple-bloom is making pies with her family."
"Just to let you know the story I told you last night was made up. I just remembered how I got my cutie mark last night in my dream." I told Scoots the real story of how I got my cutie mark and she seemed really impressed.
"Do you think you can show me how to make a twister?" Scootaloo asked.
"How about I take you out for a fly?"
"Even better!" Scoots climbed on top of my back when we exited the house and was excited about the flight. She held on tightly as I dodged a few clouds.
"This is fun brother!" Scootaloo exclaimed.
"Brother?" I said while stopping in mid flight.
"I'm sorry. It sorta slipped out."
"I don't mind. I've always wanted a little sister."
"Continue the flight Twist- tie."
"Right on it Scoots!"
Funny I don't remember telling her that part of the story. Oh well, I have a new nickname that my sister gave me.